Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock draft

1-tim Williams rush bama

He's good at one thing. Rushing the passer. Our biggest need as of now

2-cordrea tankersley cb clemson

Love his size to play on the outside. Has lock down ability. 

3-alex Anzalone lb florida

Three down lb with coverage ability. Health is a concern though

4-joe Mixon rb oklahoma

I think he has the potential to be a top back in this league. Don't care about his one off field issue.

4-dorian Johnson g pitt

Solidify our other guard spot with a guard being compared to our current guard jack mewhort

5-ejuan price rush pitt

Raw rush prospect. Not alot he can do besides rush the qb but it's a late round pick and we need rushers

6-stevie tu'ikolovatu NT usc

Big nose to eat up blockers. He's older for a rookie at 26 because he did 2 years on a mission in the Philippines. 2017 rose bowl defense mvp

Alright tear it apart guys. I got us 2 rush backers although one late and raw. Got us that number 2 cb we badly need. An oline of cast/mew/kelly/johnson/Clark. A RB with star potential which we need. Gore could really teach him. Coverage lb that we've been lacking and a big strong nose. Think I filled quite a few holes

Wow. Just, wow.

Okay. Tim Williams is a very talented player as a pass rusher. Although he is a complete one trick pony and is also apparently dumb as a box of rocks. All that coupled with his reported multiple failed drug tests for weed, for me completely discount him from the first 3 rounds, at least. The biggest attribute a player can have is availability. I have no confidence in his ability to not turn out like Randy Gregory. He has all the physical attributes but he is a character risk, a mental aptitude risk, and an on the field risk due to him struggling when asked to do anything else but rush the passer. A triple threat and a coach's nightmare. He for me is a case of "Nice house, but nobody's home".

Tankersley for me is all size but no mechanics. I agree, I like his size but not at that the expense of instincts and awareness. Also INCREDIBLY grabby in coverage. I think our 2nd is a bit high for him although I like picking a CB here. I'm hoping someone like Sidney Jones, Tre' White or Jourdan Lewis will drop due to the incredible CB class.

I really like Anzalone when he is on the field. Although as you've pointed out, that's not often enough. He is a size, speed and athleticism guy who could fit really well as an ILB in our scheme. He's a sure-fire 3 down LB who can stuff the run well both inside and outside and does a nice job in coverage. I'd really like to pick him up, but I think the 3rd is too high for someone with his injury history. If he's there in the 5th I'd run to the podium.

Joe Mixon. Oh boy. First class running back. First class thug. He punched his girlfriend so hard he broke multiple bones in her face. That someone you want in your locker room? The NFL didn't even invite him to the combine. I highly doubt he gets drafted at this point. When you've got all of that on your resume I don't really care how good you are on the field.

Yep, I like Johnson. If he's there then he's a great pick. I think he could even take the starting job at RG if CB wants to move on from Grigson's pet projects. Athletic, smart, tough. Big tick from me. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go higher than that though.

Price for me is Elvis Dumervil without the athleticism and technique that made Dumervil successful. I'd look at him, but he needs to prove something at the combine and his pro day, that he can hang against big league LTs. If it's a yes then great, I'm in. If not, then see ya bye.

Stevie (I won't attempt to spell his name) is someone I'd definitely look at here. Any issue that knocks him is coachable technique changes that NFL coaches would want to make with any college player anyway. He may want to see if he can drop about 10 pounds to get rid of some of that bad weight around his belly but I think he'd be an interesting add to the rotation since Art Jones likely wont be around much longer.

Overall, I like the positions you took at the right places. But I want nothing to do with those character guys. Good effort.

24 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Wow. Just, wow.

Okay. Tim Williams is a very talented player as a pass rusher. Although he is a complete one trick pony and is also apparently dumb as a box of rocks. All that coupled with his reported multiple failed drug tests for weed, for me completely discount him from the first 3 rounds, at least. The biggest attribute a player can have is availability. I have no confidence in his ability to not turn out like Randy Gregory. He has all the physical attributes but he is a character risk, a mental aptitude risk, and an on the field risk due to him struggling when asked to do anything else but rush the passer. A triple threat and a coach's nightmare. He for me is a case of "Nice house, but nobody's home".

Tankersley for me is all size but no mechanics. I agree, I like his size but not at that the expense of instincts and awareness. Also INCREDIBLY grabby in coverage. I think our 2nd is a bit high for him although I like picking a CB here. I'm hoping someone like Sidney Jones, Tre' White or Jourdan Lewis will drop due to the incredible CB class.

I really like Anzalone when he is on the field. Although as you've pointed out, that's not often enough. He is a size, speed and athleticism guy who could fit really well as an ILB in our scheme. He's a sure-fire 3 down LB who can stuff the run well both inside and outside and does a nice job in coverage. I'd really like to pick him up, but I think the 3rd is too high for someone with his injury history. If he's there in the 5th I'd run to the podium.

Joe Mixon. Oh boy. First class running back. First class thug. He punched his girlfriend so hard he broke multiple bones in her face. That someone you want in your locker room? The NFL didn't even invite him to the combine. I highly doubt he gets drafted at this point. When you've got all of that on your resume I don't really care how good you are on the field.

Yep, I like Johnson. If he's there then he's a great pick. I think he could even take the starting job at RG if CB wants to move on from Grigson's pet projects. Athletic, smart, tough. Big tick from me. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go higher than that though.

Price for me is Elvis Dumervil without the athleticism and technique that made Dumervil successful. I'd look at him, but he needs to prove something at the combine and his pro day, that he can hang against big league LTs. If it's a yes then great, I'm in. If not, then see ya bye.

Stevie (I won't attempt to spell his name) is someone I'd definitely look at here. Any issue that knocks him is coachable technique changes that NFL coaches would want to make with any college player anyway. He may want to see if he can drop about 10 pounds to get rid of some of that bad weight around his belly but I think he'd be an interesting add to the rotation since Art Jones likely wont be around much longer.

Overall, I like the positions you took at the right places. But I want nothing to do with those character guys. Good effort.

Mixon didn't punch his gf. He punched a girl who was accused of using racial slurs against him and is seen pushing him in the video. Not saying it was right, just giving you some clarification.

15 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Mixon didn't punch his gf. He punched a girl who was accused of using racial slurs against him and is seen pushing him in the video. Not saying it was right, just giving you some clarification.

Ahh I must have him partially mixed up with someone else. 

Even so. 

1 hour ago, UKColt13 said:

Wow. Just, wow.

I forgot all about Williams pot problem. So yea that would eliminate him for me as well. I just really like his ability to get after the qb.

I like tankersley for his ability to not only lock down the wr but also his run support skills. Jones will go in the first which is the one I really like. 

Mixon was pure self defense. He has leveon bell potential. Where you'll you draft bell knowing what you do about him if he had fine the same thing? Low risk extremely high reward potential with mixon.

3 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Ahh I must have him partially mixed up with someone else. 

Even so. 

And it looks like it wasn`t so much a direct punch, she hit her head on the table on the way down to cause the breaks.
 He over reacted to the spitting on and racial slur. His bad. Very punkish for sure.
  I would like to know if that is the kind of guy he was before that incident, and what kind of guy he has been since before i do to him what You would.

6 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

If Mixon works out, there's our RB for the future, love the pick.

Hate the Tim Williams pick. Not a 3-down player in my eyes.

I changed my mind after being reminded of the pot issues and gun charge. He is a hell of a rusher tho and I don't see that out of Barnett,takk. Maybe solomon Thomas if he falls to us. But what does he play. Does he cut weight and play standing up. Or does he gain some and be a de

5 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

I changed my mind after being reminded of the pot issues and gun charge. He is a hell of a rusher tho and I don't see that out of Barnett,takk. Maybe solomon Thomas if he falls to us. But what does he play. Does he cut weight and play standing up. Or does he gain some and be a de

Solomon Thomas is better than every rusher but Allen and Garrett imo

18 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

And it looks like it wasn`t so much a direct punch, she hit her head on the table on the way down to cause the breaks.
 He over reacted to the spitting on and racial slur. His bad. Very punkish for sure.
  I would like to know if that is the kind of guy he was before that incident, and what kind of guy he has been since before i do to him what You would.

There's a video out there.  He looks like a world class punk.  No way Ballard would bring him in.

14 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

If your point was to illustrate the power of bad information in the information age....then mission accomplished.

Is 'He punched his girlfriend' and 'He punched a girl who wasn't his girlfriend' such a big difference that it demands a comeback? Even after an admittance of mistaken identity? 

Come on dude.

17 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Is 'He punched his girlfriend' and 'He punched a girl who wasn't his girlfriend' such a big difference that it demands a comeback? Even after an admittance of mistaken identity? 

Come on dude.

Maybe you should research topics more before commenting. Not trying to be rude at all brother. But you also compared Tim to Randy. Seems like you're just reading headlines a little. 

26 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Maybe you should research topics more before commenting. Not trying to be rude at all brother. But you also compared Tim to Randy. Seems like you're just reading headlines a little. 

I research extensively. I made an innocent mistake that I acknowledged fully in a follow up.

For Mixon, when it comes down to it, I don't care whether the girl was his girlfriend or not. He got pushed by a 110lb girl and responded by throwing a feint, throwing a right hook, knocking her out cold, and just walked away. That is not someone I want on my team. Some may differ.

I also acknowledged to you yesterday in another topic that whilst I compared Tim to Randy I did say that he hadn't gone 'full-Gregory'. But that comparison will happen. Because they are comparable. Comparable is not the same as the same. I compared them sure but I stated that he wasn't as bad yet. I said my peace on the rumour mill surrounding him.

In the end, I don't see Williams as a first round pick, drug problem rumours or no drug problem rumours. He is one dimensional in his play. Struggles to pick up schemes. Played limited snaps due to Bama not having confidence in his ability to do anything but rush the passer. He's a very talented pass rusher but rumours or no rumours. has character red flags that need to be assessed. His ceiling early on is Elvis Dumervil IMO, but I can't 100% count on him to be a quality starter for the years to come.

10 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

I research extensively. I made an innocent mistake that I acknowledged fully in a follow up.

For Mixon, when it comes down to it, I don't care whether the girl was his girlfriend or not. He got pushed by a 110lb girl and responded by throwing a feint, throwing a right hook, knocking her out cold, and he just walked away. That is not someone I want on my team. Some may differ.

I also acknowledged to you yesterday in another topic that whilst I compared Tim to Randy I did say that he hadn't gone 'full-Gregory'. I compared them sure but I stated that he wasn't as bad yet. I said my peace on the rumour mill surrounding him.

In the end, I don't see Williams as a first round pick, drug problem rumours or no drug problem rumours. He is one dimensional in his play. Struggles to pick up schemes. Played limited snaps due to Bama not having confidence in his ability to do anything but rush the passer. He's a very talented pass rusher but rumours or no rumours. has character red flags that need to be assessed. His ceiling early on is Elvis Dumervil IMO, but I can't 100% count on him to be a quality starter for the years to come.

A lot of people feel like the girl should have been charged in that altercation. She assaulted him first. I do think it was a super fukced up thing of him to do. I surely wouldn't hit a woman. But only our scouting team will know if he truly has grown up/matured. 

And I know but still they shouldn't be mentioned in the same comparison imo. Like I said not trying to be rude. Youre a smart poster.

And again, our scouts will know if Tim is an * or not. (We can't say I d i o t)?

But we just disagree on how good of a football player Tim is.

Come on dude.

I'm sorry that makes you feel badly, but your own responses demonstrate your own lack of understanding.

You said....my bad but same conclusion.  No, not OK.  The facts matter.

For Mixon, when it comes down to it, I don't care whether the girl was his girlfriend or not. He got pushed by a 110lb girl and responded by throwing a feint, throwing a right hook, knocking her out cold, and just walked away. That is not someone I want on my team. Some may differ.

I also acknowledged to you yesterday in another topic that whilst I compared Tim to Randy I did say that he hadn't gone 'full-Gregory'. But that comparison will happen. Because they are comparable. Comparable is not the same as the same. I compared them sure but I stated that he wasn't as bad yet. I said my peace on the rumour mill surrounding him.

Interestingly, The Colts need just that. "A pass rusher"

5 hours ago, LockeDown said:

There's a video out there.  He looks like a world class punk.  No way Ballard would bring him in.

Ballard was part of the team that drafted a kid who choked out his pregnant girlfriend. It's one thing to react badly to someone who assaulted you. It's another thing to harm to women who is carrying your child

30 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

I'm sorry that makes you feel badly, but your own responses demonstrate your own lack of understanding.

You said....my bad but same conclusion.  No, not OK.  The facts matter.

No secondary facts change that he hit a woman so hard he knocked her out.

For me that's it. For you it might be different. Don't mistake my lack of forgiveness for lack of knowledge or understanding.

13 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

He didn't knock her out. Have you even seen the video

Several times.

Knocked her to the ground for several seconds. Ask any boxing referee, that's a knockout in my book. 

Why are we arguing over the degree to which he punched the woman? Isn't the fact that he did it bad enough?

11 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Several times.

Knocked her to the ground for several seconds. Ask any boxing referee, that's a knockout in my book. 

Why are we arguing over the degree to which he punched the woman? Isn't the fact that he did it bad enough?

She assaulted him first. Self defense 

Just now, CantBeStopped said:

She assaulted him first. Self defense 

Doesn't justify that reaction.

He got medium strength pushed by a girl who weighs 110lbs soaking wet. If you want to use that argument to try and justify a draftable player then go ahead.

I won't be joining you though.

1 hour ago, UKColt13 said:

No secondary facts change that he hit a woman so hard he knocked her out.

For me that's it. For you it might be different. Don't mistake my lack of forgiveness for lack of knowledge or understanding.

These are not secondary facts.  You miss my point.  I am not advocating or excusing Mixon, and we don't have a complete set of facts, despite a damning video.

If you can see life through the lens of how you might respond if pushed far enough into a wound that creates strong enough emotion to temporarily obscure whether the person attacking you is even male or female...then you are ready to consider what all the whole truth might be.  

Doesn't mean it wasn't a crime.

You guys are totally whiffing on your analysis of Joe mixon. If you think there are 3-4 RBs just as good in rounds 3-4 your crazy. Joe Mixon is just as good as fournette and cook, probably more complete then them both. If we took Joe Mixon our offense would become top 5, and Andrew would take half the hits because were actually an explosive running team. 

What Mixon did was heinous. I agree with those statements. But somehow we as a society have to give people a second chance under pretty demanding conditions. I'm not for 3rd and 4th chances in these cases but I'm also not for telling a 19 or 20 year old kid to go live under a bridge somewhere till you die. I think some sort of half your 1st year salary going to some combination of the victim and/or shelter groups and speaking to kids about how you were horribly wrong would be a fair step for all concerned. A second incident would mean immediate permanent dismissal.

Mixon was 18 if he interviews well and that was a one time thing He has no other skeletons in the closet. I think someone takes a chance the end of day 2. He's easily in the top 3 of RB's in this class and is the best receiving back of the top 3 He also has return experience Someone will take him I believe 

Joe Mixon would be a steal in the 4th round. He has no off the field issues. He had an incident which he was punished for by Oklahoma. I understand we live in a society that's sensitive b/c of Ray Rice and Greg Hardy, but Mixon's case isn't comparable to the aforementioned.