Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indyagent's 1st official Mock Draft

Been doing these for years for myself to compare on draft day so here is my humble Colts picks

1. Takk McKinley, OLB, UCLA:  Great motor and terrific leverage (Day 1 Starter and difference maker)

2. Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn. He is always around the ball and tenacious (injury concerns could let him drop to us, His upside is too great to ignore)

3. Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado:  Lockdown corner and fluid athlete with terrific awareness for the position

4. Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson:  NFL Ready body and a competitive running style

5. Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama: Very solid free safety with range and vertical leap (Broke his leg last year so he could slide to us here)

6. Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame:  When healthy, however, he has shown flashes of being a difference-maker in the middle. (Injuries could drop him to us here)

our new punter will come from free agency or an undrafted player

That's what I have pieced together the last few weeks. 

Very good job. I'm a fan of all these guys. Eddie Jackson and Jarron Jones might be gone earlier than you have them though. 

BTW we are projected to have a compensatory pick at the end of the 4th. One extra pick for you to play with. 

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Been doing these for years for myself to compare on draft day so here is my humble Colts picks

1. Takk McKinley, OLB, UCLA:  Great motor and terrific leverage (Day 1 Starter and difference maker)

2. Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn. He is always around the ball and tenacious (injury concerns could let him drop to us, His upside is too great to ignore)

3. Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado:  Lockdown corner and fluid athlete with terrific awareness for the position

4. Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson:  NFL Ready body and a competitive running style

5. Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama: Very solid free safety with range and vertical leap (Broke his leg last year so he could slide to us here)

6. Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame:  When healthy, however, he has shown flashes of being a difference-maker in the middle. (Injuries could drop him to us here)

our new punter will come from free agency or an undrafted player

That's what I have pieced together the last few weeks. 

Id like this draft a lot, except Carl Lawson, but your late round picks are not realistic at all. Jarron Jones in the 6th oh man your on one. He won't make it out of the 3rd. Eddie Jackson if he makes it to our first 4th round pick is a steal. Wayne Gallman is nice, definitely does NOT have an NFL body he's skinny but has deceptive power. I think better corners are available in round 3, chidobe is far from lockdown. He's a great athlete, good tackler but struggles in coverage. Carl Lawson is as over rated as it gets. Stiff as a board off that edge no bend in the hips at all. Has no pass rushing techniques just dips and rips every play and is a none factor in the run game. 35 tackles in 10-11 games last year really Carl? I really like Takk McKinley, that being said I have a few guys ahead of him that could still be there. Taco Charlton or solomon Thomas, if still available, would have to be the pick. 

Very, very nice.

All I might suggest is that Carl Lawson I think drops to the 3rd. He's a situational rusher right now and thanks to his injury history, he's likely to be there in the 3rdat our pick. Gives you 2 options to improve it even more imo.

1. Take Lawson in the 3rd and take one of whichever corners fall from the 1st round in the 2nd. Any of Sidney Jones, Jourdan Lewis, Tabor and Tre' White all have a shot at being there. 

2. Target someone like TJ Watt in the 2nd who is more of the complete article than Lawson at this point with less of an injury history.

Other than that suggestion, I can't really fault it. You might have Jarron Jones a bit undervalued though. Although depending on how his injuries shake out, you might be right on the money.

Nice work.

Carl Lawson has potential to be a 10, maybe more sack a year EDGE rusher IMO. He probably does fall to the 2nd or 3rd because of the issues against the run, injuries, etc. But I think he could be a very good OLB if he's healthy. I'd take him in the 3rd ALL DAY.

Also. I would go ILB instead of CB in the 3rd in this scenario, and Jarron Jones will be long gone before the 6th bro. Jackson would be a good pick in the 4th, but again. He may not be there I don't know. We'll know more about all that in the coming weeks. (Get hyped for the combine baby!!!!!!) I like Gallman but we need to double up and grab Mixon somewhere in there too. We have more picks that you have us with. We'll have 2 4's and maybe 2 5's or 6's one. LOL. I know that last sentence got a little confusing LOL.

I know the late round are optimistic but I can see some will fall. But I would love all of these guys. I forget how did we were acquire a comp pick in the 4th round. what player is it from?

By the way I'm watching the Superbowl with David tyree's catch against New England. Someone predicted that New England  would score only 17 points. So sweet to watch that game after Brady said they would score a lot more than 17 points in this game. Oops Tom 

On 2/11/2017 at 7:20 PM, indyagent17 said:

I know the late round are optimistic but I can see some will fall. But I would love all of these guys. I forget how did we were acquire a comp pick in the 4th round. what player is it from?

By the way I'm watching the Superbowl with David tyree's catch against New England. Someone predicted that New England  would score only 17 points. So sweet to watch that game after Brady said they would score a lot more than 17 points in this game. Oops Tom 

Coby fleener