Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's the logic behind Pagano staying?/ Irsay's Decision (Merge)

Dark Superman

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A team that loses it's starting quarterback for 9 games has no rightful stake at making the playoffs.     Period.

And yet,  playing with it's 2nd string QB,  and then it's 3rd string and 4th and 5th,  it went 8-8.      Instead of feeling robbed of your place in the post-season you should see 2015 as a MASTERFUL season of coaching,  not of failure.

And we then went 8-8 with the worst roster we've had in the 5 years of Andrew Luck.

Your suffering through two disappointing seasons doesn't get an ounce of sympathy because you have no sense of perspective.        

You're just a fan who thinks he's entitled.      And there are plenty of you on this website.

My feelings are so hurt right now.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/22/2017 at 4:34 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Winning 8 or more games every year with the most injured defense in the league. Seems we don't take that into account and still expect to beat the best teams in the league.

Players also love, respect, and play hard for him in games. Need to see him with a pass rush to see how good he can be.

Seems people want to get rid of Pagano to get an offensive coach and I don't see how that fixes the defense. Don't care if he stays or not really though. Grigson was the problem to me.

Pagano wasn't the one who dropped a million passes, Pagano wasn't the one who missed a lot of easy tackles.

On February 14, 2017 at 1:06 PM, chrisfarley said:

In the mean time Luck burns another one of his remaining critical peak years?  I agree with the concept that Chuck will probably ultimately get replaced, on merits alone.  But I cringe at the thought that Irsay is just biding his time to look for another coach, it goes against everything that bringing on a new GM and mindset should be about, knowing full well, Luck's NFL clock is ticking and maybe clicking faster than others based on getting abused.

True Cf, but if you can or fire Pags right now all the coordinators are gone too & our OL under Philbin is steadily improving. Anyway, I blame Grigson on his failure to protect Luck rather than Pagano personally. 

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

True Cf, but if you can or fire Pags right now all the coordinators are gone too & our OL under Philbin is steadily improving. Anyway, I blame Grigson on his failure to protect Luck rather than Pagano personally. 

My thoughts exactly.  Pagano and his staff have a chance to prove it wasn't all on them.  I feel that the toxic environment that existed is hopefully gone?  How many of us have worked for an *?  Did you give your best to protect his/her job???????????????  I am not saying it is right, I am saying it is possible...

I don't get it either, if this team made a change at GM........chances are the GM has other coaches he wants in mind. And if the Gruden rumors are true then Irsay has other coaches in mind too.

So in a way I hope this is not just another wasted season under Pagano as we look and think about another new head coach. I hope he can prove himself but then again history has a way of repeating.

9 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

My thoughts exactly.  Pagano and his staff have a chance to prove it wasn't all on them.  I feel that the toxic environment that existed is hopefully gone?  How many of us have worked for an *?  Did you give your best to protect his/her job???????????????  I am not saying it is right, I am saying it is possible...

Getting rid of a toxic environment won't get rid of the bad playcalling.