Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Down to 1 Colt left from 2006 and 2 from 2009

VocableLoki

Thought about this while reading the Mathis Retirement Tribute thread. Unless I am mistaken, Vinatieri is the only one left from the 2006 team and he and McAfee are the only ones from '09; though Vinatieri was injured for the playoff run. Crazy to think about, '09 doesn't really like it was that long ago. 

I think you are correct... the next longest tenured Colt is Joe Reitz who was signed in Sept. 2010.

As for players who were here before Grigs/Pagano, I think the only 4 left now are Vinatieri, McAfee, Reitz and Castonzo.

Hopefully this new era can turn things around and give us another decade or more of what Peyton & Co. took us through.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

No big deal.  It was bound to happen at some point.  2006 was a decade ago and 2009 was 7 years ago, that's a long time in football years.

Agreed, those were just two really significant teams and it dawned on me that they are know almost completely gone. If anything, it shows how incredible Vinatieri's longevity has lasted.

1 minute ago, VocableLoki said:

Agreed, those were just two really significant teams and it dawned on me that they are know almost completely gone. If anything, it shows how incredible Vinatieri's longevity has lasted.

I'd be interested in seeing more recent champions, since their free agents tend to be signed quickly by other teams.  The 2015 Broncos, for example, lost Peyton Manning, Mailk Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Brock Osweiler (lmao), Omar Bolden, and Ryan Harris in one offseason.

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'd be interested in seeing more recent champions, since their free agents tend to be signed quickly by other teams.  The 2015 Broncos, for example, lost Peyton Manning, Mailk Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Brock Osweiler (lmao), Omar Bolden, and Ryan Harris in one offseason.

We lost a few after 06 as well