Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To the Chuck Haters: Here's Your Best Argument...

NewColtsFan

On 1/10/2017 at 7:02 AM, coltsfeva said:

What I find frustrating is the perception that Chuck and/or Grigson don't have the capacity to learn from their mistakes. That and the assumption that someone will come in here and never make a mistake, either in coaching or drafting. Look at Belicheck's tenure with the Browns or Pete Caroll's call to pass the ball in the SB. I'm not saying everything is great. Things need to change, that we all agree on. A good draft, getting guys like Langford, Mewhort and Geathers back and going into 2017 with improved depth (because some of the guys who started this year will be backups next year) should give us hope that this team can be much better than the team we agonized over this year. 

What has Chuck improved at? I think Grigson had a solid offseason last year, but Pagano made similar mistakes this season that he has the previous years. 5 years in and I don't see improvement from Pagano. In fact, you could probably argue that hes gotten worse since his first few years.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching some old highlights and decided to go to the discuss tab and read the old comments after this game. It funny looking back how different things were most comments were about Denver and Manning being completely done and needing to rebuild and how close the Colts were to being a Super Bowl team. Funny how the Broncos win the Super Bowl the following season and we are where we are lol. Just shows you how quick things can change in this league in my opinion. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015011101/2014/POST19/colts@broncos?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000457005&tab=analyze

On 1/10/2017 at 10:08 AM, SilentHill said:

If you think this is bad you should have been here during the 2011 offseason.

Where's MyChinaDoll. God, I missed the universal chorus of online boo's raining down on that poor guy for saying we should let Peyton walk and draft Tannehill.. Good times.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

What has Chuck improved at? I think Grigson had a solid offseason last year, but Pagano made similar mistakes this season that he has the previous years. 5 years in and I don't see improvement from Pagano. In fact, you could probably argue that hes gotten worse since his first few years.

Could it be that you are looking for mistakes to prove your point? If you have it set in your mind that he is a bad coach, you will choose to ignore the positives and focus on the mistakes. Truth is, none of us on this forum know as much as he does, regarding football. Irsay signed him to 4 years which he apparently thought was a reasonable time frame to produce a championship team. This team is not that far off, IMO. I know you would probably disagree and that's ok. Let's see what happens next year.

9 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Always liked season 2 and have been surprised how many people dislike it. I really like the end of that season more than anything.

Despite my post,  I actually enjoyed it.   It does throw you for a loop though.

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

That's the thing with Grigsons' drafts. They look good a season in, but wait until 2 or 3 seasons down the road. we have no picks left from 2013, 2 from 2014 which we had no first rounder for because of the TRich trade, 2015 looks better but we already cut our second pick, and this year looks better but time will tell.