Cap Space: $65 million

Resign: Erik Walden- 3 years $15 million

Robert Turbin- 2 years $3 million  

Jack Doyle- 3 years $9 million     

Darius Butler- 2 years $8 million    

Hugh Thornton- 1 year $1.5 million 

Sign:    Zach Brown- 4 years $28 mill

Stephon Gilmore- 4 years $52 mill

Indy will have around $31 million after free agency. $10 million will be saved for draft picks and $10 million for random signings. The last $11 million could be used to extend Mewhort or Moncrief. 

2017 NFL Draft 

Round 1: Tim Williams-OLB, highly athletic edge rusher with a lighting quick first step. Gives Indy the pass rusher we've needed for some time. 

Round 2: Vita Vea-DT, solidifies the defensive line and gives us the dominant guy we need in the middle of the d-line to shut down opponents running game.  

Round 3: Chidobe Awuzie-CB

Round 4: Eddie Jackson-FS, falls because of a broken leg and underclass men declaring for the draft. Played SS but I'm moving him to FS. Fluid athlete that is disciplined and has good instincts. 

Round 4: Jalen Reeves Maybin-ILB

Round 5: Kareem Hunt-RB

Round 6: Ejuan Price

With this draft and free agency our defense will have more than enough talent to be successful. Every position on the defense will have young promising players as well as quality depth. 

With a great offense and a defense that has tremendous potential we should have a great season in 2017 and beyond. 

3 hours ago, AndyLuck said:

Feel like more than Art should get cut. And I feel like we should spend more in FA because there is a lot of players that would help this team

DQ would more than likely get cut and some guys with expiring contracts wouldn't be resigned. I'm saving money to extend Mewhort and bring in some role player type guys like Jabal Sheard. This is just a general outline. 

I am keeping Gore though. His contribution will more than exceed the $3.5 million cutting him would save. 

3 hours ago, 12to13 said:

That looks great .  You think Jalen will fall to the 4th though?

I think so. He's undersized and coming off an injury shortened season. That could all change if he lights up the combine but I expect he'll be available in the 4th. 

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Who keeps telling you guys that Vita Vea is leaving School? Hes a red shirt sophomore. There's nothing out there stating hes declaring for the draft that I know of.

Just guessing. I've seen his name mentioned by draft analyst and such. If he doesn't declare Harold Landry, Carlos Watkins, or Caleb Brantley will be my pick in the 2nd. 

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Who keeps telling you guys that Vita Vea is leaving School? Hes a red shirt sophomore. There's nothing out there stating hes declaring for the draft that I know of.

I had heard there were whispers Vea was coming too. It looks less likely seeing he wasn't part of this release IMO. 

You don't need $20mil to sign draft picks and random FAs post draft. Probably need about $8/9mil tops for that. 

Could have room for a couple more FAs in there. Maybe even 1 good sized one. Melvin Ingram to bookend with Tim Williams maybe? Also might want to tag a few million of that onto Jack Doyle's new deal.

Williams is a solid pick, difficult to judge the rushers pre combine but I like the position you've picked.

Im skeptical that Vea will be there in the 2nd. He's going to murder the combine. I think he goes top 20 when it's all said and done a la Dontari Poe.

Everything else looks good. 

Unlike mine you remembered to keep some cash back for Creif and Mewhort. Kudos :thmup:

I'm going to do at least one more of these. One thing I'll do is cut DQ and sign AJ Bouye.

If Doyle wants a larger contract then he can walk. He's nothing special even though he's a fan favorite.

In the 2nd if Vea is gone I'd go with Harold Landry or Carlos Watkins.