Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2017 Wish List.

Dark Superman

One top level corner back and the best possible pass rusher  in free agency. Possibly a big bodied veteran wide receiver if possible. 

We should be spending our cap room on quality not quantity as I feel we're absolutely fine for depth with the exception of the WR position. 

In the draft focus on defense with the exception of running back. 

I think everybody's wish list will probably be roughly the same? Let's hope the guys in charge can make it a reality.

9 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Since Luck is only making a tad over 17 million this upcoming season against the cap and with the Colts most likely cutting loose a few older players, their is potentially a good chance that we can enter free agency with 50-60 million in cap space. If Dalvin Cook is there in Round 1, I hope we snag him and give Luck a true RB, but if not, I think we need to address the defense heavily and we can still grab a RB in rounds 2-4 (it's a deep RB draft)

But if the Colts want to contend and want to be buyers in free agency (most likely on defensive players) who are some of the guys that could potentially hit free agency that you guys would like to see here in Indianapolis in 2017. Just curious to see everyone's opinion since I haven't been keeping up with upcoming free agents.

And go.

The answer to your question has already been answered! Mr. Irsay stated at the end of last year the team going forward will build primarily through the draft. No more big name free agents! Possibly, a signing or two of players that have upside for cheap. Remember when he said the team needs to get younger? Some of you arm chair GM's either can't comprehend what you read or dismiss it because you don't like it! This is what the man said! Believe it!

6 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

When was the last time a very little costing free agent made the difference? You have to try to improve your team somehow. You don't know what you will be getting when you give a middle of the pack free agent a contract. They might break out. But the odds are they play average like they had been. Or they would have gotten a big contract like the others. We have Andrew Luck. Every year we should be competing. With the development of our offensive line. Our defense is what is holding us back. We need playmakers who have experience in this league that will help us reach the "big game." A big defensive free agent or two will help with that. 

Our offensive play calling is holding us back 60/40 over the defense lol 

5 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

The answer to your question has already been answered! Mr. Irsay stated at the end of last year the team going forward will build primarily through the draft. No more big name free agents! Possibly, a signing or two of players that have upside for cheap. Remember when he said the team needs to get younger? Some of you arm chair GM's either can't comprehend what you read or dismiss it because you don't like it! This is what the man said! Believe it!

What big name free agents have we got in FA? lol everyone was like tier 3/4 players and they weren't even young at that...I would assume that @SupermanLuck12 meant that we should sign at least two young big named players in thier "Prime" on the defensive side of the ball that fit our defensive scheme not just splurge on anyone...and we also have signed cheap people with so called "upside" only like 3 panned out for good being Walden, Butler, and Adams.

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I hate our offensive playcalling as much or more than anybody. But our defense still wins at sucking worse lol. 

Lol I hate the defense but eh since last year even when the defense kept us in game the play calling always kept us from winning a close game and the putrid last minutes of the game when they decide to go hurry up and look decent 

Chandler Jones and Dontari Poe in FA. I think Arizona may have to choose between tagging Jones and Calais Campbell. 

If Dalvin Cook is available when we pick, as much a I hate to say it, he's the next Zeke Elliot, he's a must pick at the moment. If not, someone like Charles Harris would do nicely.