This thread is interesting to me, because I've thought a lot about Philip signing here after what happened to Luck, with Philip being given so much better a situation than what he "escaped", only at the expense of the same good situation having been taken away from Luck.
It reminds me of what Wind In His Hair said to Dunbar about his best friend's death in Dances With Wolves. He told him that he believed that his best friend "went away" (died) because Dunbar was coming, and that that was how he saw it. He was just then coming to terms with the loss of his friend, and the "replacement" in Dunbar. Someone he didn't like at first, probably resented based on that admission, but by the end of their time together had come to love as a brother and friend.
And this situation is very much like that one. The hope, of course, is that it ends (whenever that ends up being) with similar good feelings and memories for all involved here, as well.
I'm ready for a season at home where I can:
1. Turn the game on after the anthem or whatever they are playing in the stadium
2. Turn the game on after the kneeling or whatever statement the players and/or league are making
3. Sit and relax virus free, with nobody around me coughing or sneezing.
4. Have beer that is cold and cheap
5. Have food that is hot and cheap
6. Encounter no line at the bathroom (BONUS - it's not disgusting 5 minutes into the game)
What I'll miss:
1. Saturday night at Loughmiller's
2. The energy and excitement of game day
3. Post game dinner in the city