Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you are another Cubs fan that Posts here a lot. I really like that /M/Colts guy, he seems real cool and he loves the Cubs too.

I agree. \m/colts\m/ is one of the most classy and compassionate people on the board. I like him very much. I guess I can say that about many people here. I appreciate the friendships I have made here. You too.

Somehow this thread went from the Cubs defending their MLB crown, to ancient computers, to slow internet processing speeds, to asking a woman's age online. Darn, you folks are funny! :lol:

I love when threads slide in new directions & somehow boomer rang back to the original topic. You guys always make me roar with laughter, especially when SW1 has no business even reading this topic. Way outside my level of expertise now.

BrentMc11 & Jay Kirk are like brothers man. It's cool that NFLfan can comically haze her male counterparts too. I respect that. 

Hey CBE, rather then buying a new laptop, it might be cheaper to download software that routinely cleans up trash that slows down speed. I use MacKeeper myself. Just trying to save a fellow brother major Benjamins  man. 

Okay, I'll zip it now & just listen...

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you are another Cubs fan that Posts here a lot. I really like that /M/Colts guy, he seems real cool and he loves the Cubs too.

No way!  We cannot forget our old buddy PT!!!!  

OK...so shoot me.  I follow the Pirates as well.  The Indianapolis Indians are their AAA farm team.

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Somehow this thread went from the Cubs defending their MLB crown, to ancient computers, to slow internet processing speeds, to asking a woman's age online. Darn, you folks are funny! :lol:

I love when threads slide in new directions & somehow boomer rang back to the original topic. You guys always make me roar with laughter, especially when SW1 has no business even reading this topic. Way outside my level of expertise now.

BrentMc11 & Jay Kirk are like brothers man. It's cool that NFLfan can comically haze her male counterparts too. I respect that. 

Hey CBE, rather then buying a new laptop, it might be cheaper to download software that routinely cleans up trash that slows down speed. I use MacKeeper myself. Just trying to save a fellow brother major Benjamins  man. 

Yeah we talk about everything in here, don't be a stranger.

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

If you visit you will also learn a lot about Indiana and baseball

29 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

She busted you Jay!  LMAO!!!!!

I love you to death Jay you know that. But Brent hit the bullseye on that one bro. Thanks for being a good sport about it. You rock man! 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You're pretty cool yourself man & a talented comedian in your own right man. I mean that no bull you know what.

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. \m/colts\m/ is one of the most classy and compassionate people on the board. I like him very much. I guess I can say that about many people here. I appreciate the friendships I have made here. You too.

Yeah, M Colts M is an awesome dude no question. A word to the wise: I promise to e-mail folks back on the forum eventually. You have my word. I have to be in the right frame of mind though. Honest, I'm not ignoring anybody even though it may seem at first glance like I'm being a colossal jerk. Thanks Jay BTW for your thoughts on the movie "Hacksaw Ridge" last night too. I know people probably get weary of my longwinded reviews, but thanks anyway for tolerating my obsession with details. I do take stock & value immensely what my friends say & recommend. 

Thanks for the kind words guys/gals!!!! I am so glad I stumbled into the misc discussions forum and into this thread, GREAT bunch of folks here, and I can't wait to start talking some baseball!!!!  

I get to watch opening day at the firehouse tomorrow night, but that's ok, all 4 of us there are Cubs fans!!!! It'll be fun!!!

Predictions.....hmmmm.......Cubs/Indians repeat......Cubs in 5!:gym:

Indiana in Baseball

Current Clubs

Evansville Otters

Fort Wayne TinCaps

Gary South Shore Railcats

Indianapolis Indians

South Bend Cubs

Defunct Clubs

Evansville Triplets(American Association)

Indianapolis ABCs(Negro Leagues) 

Indianapolis Athletics(Nego Leagues

Indianapolis Blues(National League)

Indianapolis Clowns(Negro Leagues)

Indianapolis Hoosiers(American Association)

Indianapolis Hoosiers(National League)

Indianapolis Hoosiers(Federal League)

MLB players

372 men from Indiana have played in the Majors

4 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Thanks for the kind words guys/gals!!!! I am so glad I stumbled into the misc discussions forum and into this thread, GREAT bunch of folks here, and I can't wait to start talking some baseball!!!!  

I get to watch opening day at the firehouse tomorrow night, but that's ok, all 4 of us there are Cubs fans!!!! It'll be fun!!!

Predictions.....hmmmm.......Cubs/Indians repeat......Cubs in 5!:gym:

Yeah glad you found this. I have Cubs over RedSox in 7. Should be a interesting/fun season.

11 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I love you to death Jay you know that. But Brent hit the bullseye on that one bro. Thanks for being a good sport about it. You rock man! 

You're pretty cool yourself man & a talented comedian in your own right man. I mean that no bull you know what.

Yeah, M Colts M is an awesome dude no question. A word to the wise: I promise to e-mail folks back on the forum eventually. You have my word. I have to be in the right frame of mind though. Honest, I'm not ignoring anybody even though it may seem at first glance like I'm being a colossal jerk. Thanks Jay BTW for your thoughts on the movie "Hacksaw Ridge" last night too. I know people probably get weary of my longwinded reviews, but thanks anyway for tolerating my obsession with details. I do take stock & value immensely what my friends say & recommend. 

I always love your movie reviews, you should be on TV doing that stuff. Not kidding.

21 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If you visit you will also learn a lot about Indiana and baseball

Good advice PT thank you. I actually learn a lot about Indiana from your status updates as well whenever you refer to a local basketball team or a popular Hoosier State's DJ's death for instance. I like your this day in history posts too. 

You're right PT. I'll drop by here more often. Besides, Jay created the thread so I know it's gonna be spectacular. 

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am Cubs fan and anyone from the Tri-State so right now I am following The Phillies(Jarad Eickhoff) and Marlins(Don Mattingly)

I watch the Reds since I am in their "home" market, ties to Gibson County and several college roommates from Columbus and Brownstown

Better not forget about the Dodgers because of strong Princeton ties

Wow I'm outta likes . I hate the limits

53 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I'm out of likes but your welcome here anytime. Lol we do have fun in here , and totally respect one another . Besides you want to follow Baseball this is the place to be. We get off on history and players of old at times as well.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always love your movie reviews, you should be on TV doing that stuff. Not kidding.

Much appreciated CBE. Fist bump of respect bro. :hat:

I just wanna say this one thing & we can return to the CUBS again since I have too much admiration for Jay Kirk to unfairly dominate this thread. Here it is: In my film reviews, the score or the song I select for my readers is just as crucial as my written critique is because the music gives the audience it's emotional intensity or over arching theme or mood that hits me on a visceral level. I couldn't use accompanying songs on TV though. Darn copyright restrictions. Just kidding! 

Honestly, music gives movie's emotional intensity & lasting gravity & truthfully, record producing has always fascinated me ever since I can remember. If money was no object, I'd be a professionally trained studio producer laying down film scores or albums for artists across several genres.

Just go to You Tube & look up Full Sale University. If my resources were endless, that's what I'd be doing. Getting a Master's degree there in recording production. 

Sorry for the deviation Jay, back to baseball buddy & this...

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Much appreciated CBE. Fist bump of respect bro. :hat:

I just wanna say this one thing & we can return to the CUBS again since I have too much admiration for Jay Kirk to unfairly dominate this thread. Here it is: In my film reviews, the score or the song I select for my readers is just as crucial as my written critique is because the music gives the audience it's emotional intensity or over arching theme or mood that hits me on a visceral level. I couldn't use accompanying songs on TV though. Darn copyright restrictions. Just kidding! 

Honestly, music gives movie's emotional intensity & lasting gravity & truthfully, record producing has always fascinated me ever since I can remember. If money was no object, I'd be a professionally trained studio producer laying down film scores or albums for artists across several genres.

Just go to You Tube & look up Full Sale University. If my resources were endless, that's what I'd be doing. Getting a Master's degree there in recording production. 

Sorry for the deviation Jay, back to baseball buddy & this...

:thmup:

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am Cubs fan and anyone from the Tri-State so right now I am following The Phillies(Jarad Eickhoff) and Marlins(Don Mattingly)

I watch the Reds since I am in their "home" market, ties to Gibson County and several college roommates from Columbus and Brownstown

Better not forget about the Dodgers because of strong Princeton ties

If I'm not mistaken the Benes Brothers were from that area Evansville if I'm not mistaken . Wasn't Rolen from Jasper ?

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

If I'm not mistaken the Benes Brothers were from that area Evansville if I'm not mistaken . Wasn't Rolen from Jasper ?

Yes

Alan and Andy are from Evansville

Rolen is from Jasper

Clint Barmes is from Vincennes

Don Mattingly is Evansville

Gil Hodges was from Princeton/Petersburg

Edd Rousch was from Oakland City

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes

Alan and Andy are from Evansville

Rolen is from Jasper

Clint Barmes is from Vincennes

Don Mattingly is Evansville

Gil Hodges was from Princeton/Petersburg

Edd Rousch was from Oakland City

Believe Steve Trout was from Terre Haute as a youngster , I know his uncle Diz resided there

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Tommy John was but can find anything about Trout

Diz was my grandpa knew him , he was Steves uncle taught him a lot that's probably the connection I'm grasping.TJ went to Gerstmyre I believe 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Man, it's so strange not to see Gavin not posting in this CUBS thread anymore. No disrespect intended & I apologize if I accidentally ruined the mood & depressed anybody. Carry on...My bad...

Its not a problem we are waiting on opening day , Its a MLB thread Cubs got the billing after the WS win.They earned it . Gavin is missed in the Forum in general and you didn't curb our mood  , most went to the Pacers thread alls good :thmup:

I wanna see actor Bill Murray this happy again....So cool, when adults embrace their inner child full throttle. I love it! The best feeling in the world. Okay, next to a child being born or winning the Lottery perhaps, but that's about it. Bill Murray is the man! 

110316-cubs-win-kal-v2-1080x608-1.jpg

Favorite quote of Bill's from the movie "Stripes"...

"C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin." 

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I wanna see actor Bill Murray this happy again....So cool, when adults embrace their inner child full throttle. I love it! The best feeling in the world. Okay, next to a child being born or winning the Lottery perhaps, but that's about it. Bill Murray is the man! 

110316-cubs-win-kal-v2-1080x608-1.jpg

Favorite quote of Bill's from the movie "Stripes"...

"C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin." 

I love Stripes. I used to watch that a bunch when cable came out, what a classic. Yes Murray is a diehard Cubs fan.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Stripes. I used to watch that a bunch when cable came out, what a classic. Yes Murray is a diehard Cubs fan.

Absolutely right CBE that flick still holds up & I still laugh my caboose off over it whenever I see it today. 

I love that WI line because the Badger State seldom ever gets mentioned in the movies & I live there so that line has an added comedic punch to it. Speaking of my Badgers, I was bummed when the Men's Basketball Team lost in NCAA tournament by a point, but Duke who took a title away from us last this yr too so that made feel better. LOL! Why do some broadcasters say toy-na-ment BTW? Where'd the hard R go or disappear too? Just curious...

I like the followup Stripes WI line too...."Well I got the crap kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!" Priceless man; Priceless. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Absolutely right CBE that flick still holds up & I still laugh my caboose off over it whenever I see it today. 

I love that WI line because the Badger State seldom ever gets mentioned in the movies & I live there so that line has an added comedic punch to it. Speaking of my Badgers, I was bummed when the Men's Basketball Team lost in NCAA tournament by a point, but Duke who took a title away from us lost this yr too so that made feel better. LOL! Why do some broadcasters say toy-na-ment BTW? Where'd the hard R go or disappear too? Just curious...

I like the followup Stripes WI line too...."Well I got the crap kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!" Priceless man; Priceless. 

LIKE! Yeah I thought after the Badgers took down Villanova they had a great shot at the Final 4. The way they lost to Florida was just awful. Nigel Hayes has been a tremendous player for them. You guys did much better than IU, IU didn't even make the tournament. Anymore Butler is top dogs in Indiana and have been this whole decade.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LIKE! Yeah I thought after the Badgers took down Villanova they had a great shot at the Final 4. The way they lost to Florida was just awful. Nigel Hayes has been a tremendous player for them. You guys did much better than IU, IU didn't even make the tournament. Anymore Butler is top dogs in Indiana and have been this whole decade.

Thanks for the Badger props CBE. Appreciate it. Our Program in college basketball is actually respectable. 

I love when Dick Vitale covered games on TV from the Kohl Center. He's always very complementary of our coaches, players, & fan base as are all my Indiana comrades too. "That a baby bee!" Okay, I'm done now. 

Archived