Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Not to change subject matter. Lol hope College FB is reality , I feel IU may have the best developing QB in Pentix . I have been really impressed with him.

Once Baseball and the NBA kick it in gear, I think that college football and NFL football will follow. Not sure about fans in the stands or many.

Well got to run , time to cook us a meal. Nice talking and I hope everyone else is well. Also welcome to all the newcomers , glad to have you .

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Once Baseball and the NBA kick it in gear, I think the college football and NFL football will follow. Not sure about fans in the stands or many.

Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Austin Peay just shut down all work outs after 11 positive tests

Soon almost everyone will have it if they don't find a vaccine. There are 2,600,300 cases confirmed of Covid-19 in the US, 128,000 people have died from it which is just 0.49% of the US. In most cases the people that die from it have had pre-existing illness and are above 60 years old. Most people that get it never even get sick. As a nation we can either let nature take its course or live in a bubble for another year. The whole time this has been going on I have worked and worked around 100's people. I still have not come across 1 person that I have actually talked too that I know face to face that has this disease or had admitted to having it that has been tested. Word would get around work if someone had it. I have not let it control my life at all, the only thing I don't do is visit my mom and step-dad because they are 67 years old and I may have the Covid-19 and not know it. I haven't been tested.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Soon almost everyone will have it if they don't find a vaccine. There are 2,600,300 cases confirmed of Covid-19 in the US, 128,000 people have died from it which is just 0.49% of the US. In most cases the people that die from it have had pre-existing illness and are above 60 years old. Most people that get it never even get sick. As a nation we can either let nature take its course or live in a bubble for another year. The whole time this has been going on I have worked and worked around 100's people. I still have not come across 1 person that I have actually talked too that I know face to face that has this disease or had admitted to having it that has been tested. Word would get around work if someone had it. I have not let it control my life at all, the only thing I don't do is visit my mom and step-dad because they are 67 years old and I may have the Covid-19 and not know it. I haven't been tested.

This post sounds harsh in a way but we need the economy doing well, without it we are toast. A lot of people don't seem to care anyway at this point, I keep reading in the media all the time families have big get together's now, etc..

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It’s all about perspective. I’ve known a lot of people who’ve contracted it, and sadly several who have passed. The scariest part is the number of grocery workers I know who are coming down with it even now in the summer months. The virus is lurking and it’s going to be something trying to go back to school with all of this...

Yes, the economy will need to continue and people need to work. But people should know there will be consequences and tragedy. 

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It’s all about perspective. I’ve known a lot of people who’ve contracted it, and sadly several who have passed. The scariest part is the number of grocery workers I know who are coming down with it even now in the summer months. The virus is lurking and it’s going to be something trying to go back to school with all of this...

Yes, the economy will need to continue and people need to work. But people should know there will be consequences and tragedy. 

Yeah, if it sounded like I was trying to minimize this Virus I wasn't. I know @w87r says he has it and I feel bad for people that have it but we need to continue to live. Hell I might get it and get sick, it scares me but being an essential worker I have to go to work. I think people should be allowed to go to work and sports should continue. Reason being it would boost the economy but when it comes to people just getting together for big family outings or going to the beach I am against that. That isn't essential is why. I still do not visit my mom or step-dad that is how serious I take this. I call them a lot though :thmup:

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

An outbreak on a college campus would cripple a community 

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, if it sounded like I was trying to minimize this Virus I wasn't. I know @w87r says he has it and I feel bad for people that have it but we need to continue to live. Hell I might get it and get sick, it scares me but being an essential worker I have to go to work. I think people should be allowed to go to work and sports should continue. Reason being it would boost the economy but when it comes to people just getting together for big family outings or going to the beach I am against that. That isn't essential is why. I still do not visit my mom or step-dad that is how serious I take this. I call them a lot though :thmup:

I got you, totally understand. There’s always risks with life, just depends on how calculated. Other diseases out there need attention too. The big C word scares me more than anything health wise... 

Glad you keep in touch with your parents! 

Only thing these sports leagues do is make rich people richer. Not much benefit to the casual citizen, outside of entertainment.

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

An outbreak on a college campus would cripple a community 

You mean like this?

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-06-29-20-intl/h_dac61f4eaffad35f3a241c6691dc10c5

143 people on University of Georgia

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Only thing these sports leagues do is make rich people richer. Not much benefit to the casual citizen, outside of entertainment.

You mean like this?

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-06-29-20-intl/h_dac61f4eaffad35f3a241c6691dc10c5

This perhaps is the strangest Virus I have ever seen. Some people have it and don't even know it, others get it and don't get sick, then some just flat get real sick. You doing ok? 

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

You mean like this?

There are 8 colleges/Universities with Athletic Programs here in the region

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This perhaps is the strangest Virus I have ever seen. Some people have it and don't even know it, other get it and don't get sick, then some just flat get real sick. You doing ok? 

I'm fine.

Just ready to test negative.

On 6/15/2020 at 7:40 AM, NFLfan said:

From what I remember, Maddux was great with the Cubs. I thought he was a better pitcher with the Clubs than with the Braves but it may be my perception. I thought Maddux was great, especially considering that he was pitching in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. 

Fowler is the second best CF in Cubs history? I would have never guessed. Did the Cubs ever have a CF with the last name of Walton? When I first started to follow baseball consistently, the Cubs had Grace, Sandburg, Dunston, Girardi, Dawson. I can't recall the 3B or the LF. In CF, they had a young kid whose name I believe was Walton. At pitcher, Maddux, Sutcliffe, Mike Bielecki. Do you remember those Cubs?

That was Jerome Walton...pretty good player, but never really built much on his rookie year with the Cubs.

11 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Because of the MSN and the return of the WNBA I will watch very little MLB

What is MSN?

WNBA does nothing for me, so MLB will get most of my attention.   Go Cardinals!

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Once Baseball and the NBA kick it in gear, I think that college football and NFL football will follow. Not sure about fans in the stands or many.

While true, it could also go the other way.   If the NBA has many cases erupt, the NFL may be forced to shut it down.  I think the NBA is the guinea pig.   

27 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Marquee Sports Network

I have known one of the WNBA stars and/or her family since before she was born

I don't watch the NBA outside of a couple Pacer games each year.  They are not on TV much in Fort Wayne.  If I was looking for a sport to get into, the WNBA may be an option.   At least the game play is more like "basketball" and less like a show.   But games on TV are hit and miss with various teams.  I would need 1 team to be on all the time to hook me.   

I had to Google Marquee Sports Network.   Ouch!!   My eyes!   Cubs station.   Yuck!

• 2 weeks later...

With only two weeks to go to the start of baseball, I have no idea what will happen. Several players have tested positive for COVID-19, the latest report being Aroldis Chapman who is out indefinitely. Freddie Freeman and Joey Gallo have tested positive. Buster Posey says he is taking the year off. And Umpire Joe West (not surprising) says COVID-19 is not that bad. He should take the year off. 

I have not heard about any Mets players testing positive. But I have not really followed baseball news. Have any other prominent players tested positive for COVID-19?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

With only two weeks to go to the start of baseball, I have no idea what will happen. Several players have tested positive for COVID-19, the latest report being Aroldis Chapman who is out indefinitely. Freddie Freeman and Joey Gallo have tested positive. Buster Posey says he is taking the year off. And Umpire Joe West (not surprising) says COVID-19 is not that bad. He should take the year off. 

I have not heard about any Mets players testing positive. But I have not really followed baseball news. Have any other prominent players tested positive for COVID-19?

Not a positive test but Michael Kopech plans to opt out

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

No positive tests for any Cubs players so far. I hate to hear Chap tested positive, he was the man for the Cubs. I knew about Posey and Freeman. It will be an interesting season that is for sure.

Current odds to win it all.  

Los Angeles Dodgers +400

New York Yankees +400

Houston Astros +1200

Minnesota Twins +1600

Oakland Athletics +1800

Atlanta Braves +2000

Cincinnati Reds +2000

Tampa Bay Rays +2000

New York Mets +2200

Chicago Cubs +2500

Chicago White Sox +2500

Washington Nationals +2500

Cleveland Indians +2800

Los Angeles Angels +2800

St. Louis Cardinals +2800

Milwaukee Brewers +3000

Philadelphia Phillies +3000

San Diego Padres +3000

Boston Red Sox +4000

Arizona Diamondbacks +5000

Texas Rangers +7500

Toronto Blue Jays +8000

Colorado Rockies +15000

Detroit Tigers +15000

Kansas City Royals +20000

San Francisco Giants +20000

Seattle Mariners +20000

Miami Marlines +25000

Baltimore Orioles +30000

Pittsburgh Pirates +30000

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I just noticed the Reds are the favorites in the NL Central.  Wow!

I am surprised the Cards are lower than the Cubs? Brewers are lower than both lol. I do think because of the Cubs pitchers being older that the shortened season will benefit guys like Lester and Yu. I usually predict every division before the season starts and the League winners/WS winner but not sure where I am leaning with a 60 games season.

On 7/16/2020 at 2:07 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am surprised the Cards are lower than the Cubs? Brewers are lower than both lol. I do think because of the Cubs pitchers being older that the shortened season will benefit guys like Lester and Yu. I usually predict every division before the season starts and the League winners/WS winner but not sure where I am leaning with a 60 games season.

Those odds don't make sense. They have the White Sox and several other teams including the Mets and Cubs as having better odds of winning the World Series than the reigning champion Nationals. 

Archived