Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5804

  • NFLfan

    2265

  • Jay Kirk

    2230

  • PrincetonTiger

    1833

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 8-2 over the Reds, fly the flag Hozer. Cards won tonight as well so they are still 2 ahead in the NL Central. 

 

Did I hear that right? Cubs Bullpen leads the league in ERA for month of September? Wow! Keep it up boys, maybe we can catch those Cardinals!!! One game at a time, GoCubsGo!

 

2DB1AD0F-54F4-4B1F-8B44-F2326A20E743.jpeg.2c9637dd5ab80eca12b71d6060647424.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

 

Did I hear that right? Cubs Bullpen leads the league in ERA for month of September? Wow! Keep it up boys, maybe we can catch those Cardinals!!! One game at a time, GoCubsGo!

 

2DB1AD0F-54F4-4B1F-8B44-F2326A20E743.jpeg.2c9637dd5ab80eca12b71d6060647424.jpeg

Brewers won tonight as well, so we are still only 1 game ahead of them for the final wildcard spot. The division is still winnable though. Our bullpen has been pitching much better the last 2 weeks. Our bats are unreal right now :thmup:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 12:08 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers won tonight as well, so we are still only 1 game ahead of them for the final wildcard spot. The division is still winnable though. Our bullpen has been pitching much better the last 2 weeks. Our bats are unreal right now :thmup:

Could have really used that win last night.....ugh. Yu started off cold and made up for it later with 13 strikeouts, including 8 in a row! Too bad the damage was already done and they couldn’t get more runs in. Reds playing with nothing to lose now, can be an issue for teams still in the hunt.

 

GoCubsGo!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HOZER said:

Could have really used that win last night.....ugh. Yu started off cold and made up for it later with 13 strikeouts, including 8 in a row! Too bad the damage was already done and they couldn’t get more runs in. Reds playing with nothing to lose now, can be an issue for teams still in the hunt.

 

GoCubsGo!

We are now down 3-2 in the 10th to the Reds. If we lose this game it will be costly. At least the Brewers lost tonight. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Costly loss for the Cubs tonight, Reds playing spoiler. Just can't continue to lose games like that and make the playoffs. Bad news is, we fall 3 games behind the Cards in the NL Central heading into our 4 games series with them starting tomorrow at Wrigley. Good news is, we are still tied with the Brewers at 82-70 for the final Wildcard spot. Only 10 games left and 7 of them are against the Cards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Costly loss for the Cubs tonight, Reds playing spoiler. Just can't continue to lose games like that and make the playoffs. Bad news is, we fall 3 games behind the Cards in the NL Central heading into our 4 games series with them starting tomorrow at Wrigley. Good news is, we are still tied with the Brewers at 82-70 for the final Wildcard spot. Only 10 games left and 7 of them are against the Cards.

Cubs shoot themselves in the foot again. As you guys have been saying, it’s going to be a fight until the end between Cubs and Cards, with the Brewers trying to get in on the action. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is put up or shutup time now. We let one get away last night.

 

Dont know what it is with the Cubs. Zobrist comes back and they bring in a guy like Castellanos, who are both doing great. Our bullpen starts to get it together, Yu starts doing great, even Chatwood, but then the bats go silent. It’s been an interesting season. Last season they had to fight just to get into the wildcard then got knocked out, this season they’re fighting tooth in nail just to get into the wildcard. Somethings going to have to change, especially if they Miss the playoffs altogether. Do you think Theo will give Maddon his walking papers if that’s the case?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 

Dont know what it is with the Cubs. Zobrist comes back and they bring in a guy like Castellanos, who are both doing great. Our bullpen starts to get it together, Yu starts doing great, even Chatwood, but then the bats go silent. It’s been an interesting season. Last season they had to fight just to get into the wildcard then got knocked out, this season they’re fighting tooth in nail just to get into the wildcard. Somethings going to have to change, especially if they Miss the playoffs altogether. Do you think Theo will give Maddon his walking papers if that’s the case?

I was thinking the same thing after the loss last night. If we fail to make the playoff, I think Theo needs to go after younger pitching and yes Maddon will be fired IMO. Lester and Hamels both look shaky. I like Hendricks a lot. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Myles said:

I think the Brewers will win the division.  They get Pirates, Reds and Rockies to end the season.   Cubs get Cardinals and Pirates.    Cardinals get the Cubs and Diamondbacks.   

 

Go Cardinals!

 

   

I will just literally puke if they win the division lmao . You have a point though as the Cubs and Cards beat up on each other, the Brewers may sail to the division winner haha 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Myles said:

We need the Nats to lose so maybe, if the Brewers do win it, the Cubs and Cards can get the 2 wild card spots and play each other again.   Nats remaining schedule is Marlins, Phillies and Indians.

Yeah I thought the same thing. Before the season started I had the Cards, Cubs, and Brewers all making the playoffs. I did not count on the Nats being this good. Their last 2 series will be real tough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, here we go!!!  Cards and Cubs can control their own destiny now.  Hoping the Reds can play spoiler when they take on the Brewers.

 

Just wish I could get the STL v. CHI games on TV here...maybe the networks will have some and leave the Yankees and Dodgers alone for a few games so the rest of the nation can watch someone else.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Well, here we go!!!  Cards and Cubs can control their own destiny now.  Hoping the Reds can play spoiler when they take on the Brewers.

 

Just wish I could get the STL v. CHI games on TV here...maybe the networks will have some and leave the Yankees and Dodgers alone for a few games so the rest of the nation can watch someone else.

The game is actually on Fox (WXIN), you should be able to get it. Yeah Baseball is putting this game on Fox so everyone can see it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4-1 Cards now in the 6th. Cubs are just not hitting and not playing great defense. Cards do look like the better team as I have said all season actually. So if we lose I can accept it. The Cards simply won the offseason by getting Goldschmidt, Theo needs to make some changes heading into 2020 if we fail to make the playoffs.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom of the 10th, they should just roll Flaherty back out, that would effectively shut the Cubs down.

 

If they lose this game, my opinion on Kimbrel will drop further down. And before anyone says it’s tough coming back from injury, he seems to be injured often, a very expensive benchwarmer that I’m pretty sure has cost us more games then gotten us wins(I’ll have to check on that.) I was so excited when we signed him, just sucks he hasn’t been as good as advertised. I prob just need to be more patient, I wasn’t with Yu and boy has he made me eat crow.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Which is why teams don’t do that down three score.  Just building off your point.
    • There is nothing wrong with pulling for your time.  That’s why most of us are here.  You shouldn’t be shamed for that.     With that said, remember people who point out flaws aren’t always doing it to be doom and gloom they are just saying hey this is what I saw and I think it could be a problem.  The vast majority of those people would love to be wrong and for it not be a problem and for the Colts to win every game they play.  I know I am that way when I point out something I think is a problem.     To me it’s not about being right, although I will admit to some here it is, it’s just reacting to what I saw and if I end up wrong so be it.  If I am wrong and it turns out good for the Colts I’ll be happy to be wrong.  
    • A parlay is a sports book bet that has multiple games and you must win them all to collect.  But at much better odds than even odds for picking just 1 game.   If all the games all have even money lines a multiple parlayed pays approximately: 2 team pays 3-1 3 team pays 6-1 4 team pays 10-1 5 team pays 20-1    Money lines of course affect parlay odds. Point spreads are approx odds shown above.
    • I think the problem is people take comments out of context on both sides and take it to the extreme.  Example if you say hey I don’t think Frank called a good game someone is going to say you are calling for him to be fired.  At the same time if you say hey Rivers played a good game on Sunday someone is going to take that as you saying Rivers is the best ever QB problems solved!  I think everyone would be better served to just take things at face value and not try to read into it to make your opinion, whatever it might be, stronger.  
    • Nah..  But I'm sure somebody somewhere will give Reich or Ballard credit for being geniuses lol. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...