Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They need to get at least a Run out of this to tie it.

They had their batter up to do it to. He was 2 for 2 tonight. Let’s go Machado

 

Base hit scores 2 now. Put it in play somewhere

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boston now up 8-4 in the 8th. Game 1 is showing that Boston may just have too much offensively for LA. It's only 1 game but LA has to win Game 2 or they are in a heap of crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Game 1 goes to Boston, LA has to win Game 2 pretty much.

Boston wins this in 5 or 6 .

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hard disagree right now. Their Offense is really impressive.

Yes they didn't win that many games without solid contributers everywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

These Dodgers may go down as this era's Utah Jazz and Buffalo Bills of the 90's. Dominant for alot of the decade but can't win the big one.

Lol I'm ready for winter meetings

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cards got their Ring in 2011, Cubs got one in 2016 thank God, the Dodgers look like they may not get one in this decade. Still hard to believe the Giants have 3 this decade. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards got their Ring in 2011, Cubs got one in 2016 thank God, the Dodgers look like they may not get one in this decade. Still hard to believe the Giants have 3 this decade. 

That's Baseball there must be some luck mixed in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol I'm ready for winter meetings

Me too, really ever since the Cubs got eliminated I haven't been into it as much. I still have watched it because I love Baseball but the way the Cubs went out was really disappointing. I will be curious to see what the Cubs do as far as moves this offseason. At least the Brewers lost and didn't make the WS, that made my whole Playoffs :thmup:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean talk about having the Baseball Gods on your side, that was the Brewers all season. They had so many lucky 1 run game wins and walkoffs that i lost count. People in the media are saying they will be better next season. I don't see it because they won't be near as lucky in the close games like they were this season. They had to win their last 8 games just to edge the Cubs out for the Division Title and half of those were 1 run wins. I think they will be good but they will not win 96 games again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean talk about having the Baseball Gods on your side, that was the Brewers all season. They had so many lucky 1 run game wins and walkoffs that i lost count. People in the media are saying they will be better next season. I don't see it because they won't be near as lucky in the close games like they were this season. They had to win their last 8 games just to edge the Cubs out for the Division Title and half of those were 1 run wins. I think they will be good but they will not win 96 games again. 

Agreed I have seen the Cards are very interested in Harper

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Agreed I have seen the Cards are very interested in Harper

Machado will be out there too and with the problems Addison Russell has had off the field, I am wondering if the Cubs won't try for him?? Harper will be available too, he wants out of Washington last I heard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Machado will be out there too and with the problems Addison Russell has had off the field, I am wondering if the Cubs won't try for him?? Harper will be available too, he wants out of Washington last I heard.

Cards also after Goldsmit , may be unattainable.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Cards also after Goldsmit , may be unattainable.

 

Goldsmit is really good, he would be a nice pickup! I am wondering what will happen with Darvish? Can he stay healthy? That is a big question mark. The one move Theo looks bad on right now. I missed Jake this past season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Goldsmit is really good, he would be a nice pickup! I am wondering what will happen with Darvish? Can he stay healthy? That is a big question mark. The one move Theo looks bad on right now. I missed Jake this past season.

We knew it would burn them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cubs did struggle to hit the ball down the stretch but not having Jake was bad.

Agreed the hitting lost it for them at the end but cant help but think they would win at least 4 more with Jake from the start.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Agreed the hitting lost it for them at the end but cant help but think they would win at least 4 more with Jake from the start.

I agree. With Jake we probably win right at 100 games and get the #1 Seed. Cubs still won 95 as it was. Jake won 10 games and Darvish won only 1. Jake did only go 10-11 (still 10 wins) but his era was below 4. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NL Central as a whole is going to be nasty next season. I even think the Reds can be good, like at least .500 and being spoilers to teams. Pirates are a .500 team at worse. We all know what the Cubs, Cards, and Brewers are about.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The NL Central as a whole is going to be nasty next season. I even think the Reds can be good, like at least .500 and being spoilers to teams. Pirates are a .500 team at worse. We all know what the Cubs, Cards, and Brewers are about.

The Reds could be very good if they solidify the pitching . They can produce runs and pretty good defense as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Reds could be very good if they solidify the pitching . They can produce runs and pretty good defense as well.

I agree, the Reds had some stretches where they were killing teams. They swept the Cubs 4 straight games in 1 series. The Pirates quietly finished 82-79 and it doesn't even seem like it because the Brewers, Cubs, and Cards were all so good. The Pirates actually beat the Brewers 5 straight games right before the All-Star break.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a Brewers fan to Post in here so I can have some :catfight:. I have to admit that would add spice to this Thread. It's all in fun with me but that would be funny.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Off to bed have a good night:thmup:

Have a good one Jay. Love the convo as usual. Looks like the Title of our Thread may end up being 'All MLB 2019 Red Sox Repeat' :funny:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just hope the Mets are good next season so @NFLfan can enjoy it more and Posts more in here. Ok I have to run as well. 

 

:thmup: Can they announce the Cy Young Award winner?!  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure when that will happen?

 

I was kidding. They usually announce the awards during the World Series, no? Or perhaps it comes soon after.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

I was kidding. They usually announce the awards during the World Series, no? Or perhaps it comes soon after.

I think it's after the WS is over. Rules change so much is why I am not sure.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Agreed I have seen the Cards are very interested in Harper

 

Why? Harper seems to be the anti-Cardinal. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Boston wins this in 5 or 6 .

 

Ugh. You're probably right. Hopefully the Pats fans won't invade the Baseball Thread to gloat. Lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Ugh. You're probably right. Hopefully the Pats fans won't invade the Baseball Thread to gloat. Lol

They may. They are lucky my 2016 Cubs aren't playing them. We would take care of them :thmup:. That freakin Kershaw is a choker, Jake was clutch in the Playoffs and in the WS. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...