Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I know that feeling very well lol

Yeah I don't know what's going on. 1 minute we look like we can beat who comes out of the AL. Next we look a team that wants to give the Brewers the Division :facepalm:. Technically you guys aren't out of it either. Still over 55 games to go in this thing.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I don't know what's going on. 1 minute we look like we can beat who comes out of the AL. Next we look a team that wants to give the Brewers the Division :facepalm:. Technically you guys aren't out of it either. Still over 55 games to go in this thing.

Yep its far from over

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me this is a statement game. If we win this game this keeps the dangerous Cards 8 back and we still remain 1.5 ahead of the pesky BrewDrinkers. Hendricks needs to show me something too.

Hamel’s makes his first start on Wednesday, pretty pumped to see what he does! Also pumped about Thurs/Friday games, because I will be there in the stands drinking Old Styles and cheering on my Cubbies!!!!

Just now, HOZER said:

Hamel’s makes his first start on Wednesday, pretty pumped to see what he does! Also pumped about Thurs/Friday games, because I will be there in the stands drinking Old Styles and cheering on my Cubbies!!!!

Drink some Old Styles for me Brother, that is Great stuff! If we can get this win tonight we can relax again but there is still a ways to go. We need this win tonight to show we mean business.

So as the weekend concludes, here is what we have:

NL Central

1. Cubs 61-44

2. Brewers 61-47 (1.5 back) 3 back in the loss column

3. Pirates 55-52 (7 back)

4. Cards 53-52 (8 back)

5. Reds 48-58 (13.5 back)

-Cubs still have the best record in the National League as well. Great win tonight and now we can relax for a night. Cards just played us 8 times and gained nothing = still 8 back. Good night folks. Fly the flag Hozer, we just made a statement as the stretch run is in progress.  

I will be watching that Hamels start very closely. Maybe his acquisition is just the kick in the pants these guys need. Guys on the back end of the rotation needed to wake up or they might get replaced. Hopefully he gives us a much needed shot in the arm. I don't hate the acquisition but I was hoping for a guy that could go deep into games to save our bullpen. Not sure he is that but he is a crafty vet...should help down the stretch.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need Kris Bryant back, we don't have the same swag without MVP. 

Not just that we need Kris and Anthony playing well together...haven't seen that all year. Its amazing what this offense has done with its two biggest bats mostly quiet all year. I hate to ask for more offense when our starters have given us so little but this rotation is not a WS rotation....nothing like what we had with top form Arrieta and Lester a couple years ago and Hendricks having a career season. Playoff matchup against the offensive juggernaut in LA will prove mighty difficult if our two studs don't liven up their bats. Looks like Rizzo is getting there...hope Bryant can to...the pop just hasn't been there this year.

On 7/28/2018 at 3:36 PM, NFLfan said:

You travel a lot. Do you work for MLB? I once met a producer for one of the sports radio stations. She and I have a mutual friend. She invited me to a get-together where other producers and sports radio personalities of that station would be in attendance. I met a few people there that worked for MLB.com. You might have liked that. 

Nope, still have a couple more years before I'll be looking for a job (SR. this year Grad year to follow) Just visit family in some parks and where I live I'm 3 hours from Chicago and St Louis.

On one hand I have seen Cubs play twice this week on the other hand they won both. I should go more often haha

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Nope, still have a couple more years before I'll be looking for a job (SR. this year Grad year to follow) Just visit family in some parks and where I live I'm 3 hours from Chicago and St Louis.

On one hand I have seen Cubs play twice this week on the other hand they won both. I should go more often haha

You need to go more, when you go they win LOL

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol I'm plenty interested just don't see the Cards doing that.

I agree. I am not that big of a Harper fan. On Golic and Wingo, they talked of the Cubs trading Almora for Harper. I would not like that if I was a Cubs fan. That team is young and growing together. I wish the Mets built their team the way the Cubs and Cards have.

Archived