Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recap of the great "Game 7 Season on the line, keep chopping wood" Call

Jackie Daytona

I haven't watched the all 22 yet,  but from what I understand,  the screen was a secondary option, and the first read was to Doyle.

I'm withholding total judgment until I can see it again.  But right now,  I don't like it.  It seems to cute almost.  Turbin had a good game and I would have loved to see it in his hands... Or really anything but what they called. 

Why for the LOVE OF GOD do they not spread the field and then run for that one stinkin yard is beyond me???  I'm not sure on the percentages, but I'd bet they are greater than 50% when they use those situations.  We are a throwing team, we can't just line up tight and run the ball to save our lives, yet when we spread the defense out and decide to run it, it seems we have pretty decent "luck" with it.  Why we don't realize this and do it when we NEED to is simply beyond my comprehension.

22 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

I haven't watched the all 22 yet,  but from what I understand,  the screen was a secondary option, and the first read was to Doyle.

I'm withholding total judgment until I can see it again.  But right now,  I don't like it.  It seems to cute almost.  Turbin had a good game and I would have loved to see it in his hands... Or really anything but what they called. 

Honestly it appeared to me Luck made 2 reads before the screen. Left. Then right. Then screen. U can see it on the broadcast. 

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Other then a 2 game win streak once this season we're literally W,L,W,L all year long.

We're garbage on so many levels. O, D, ST, Coaching, Scheming...you name it, we aren't good at it.

The 2 game streak happened because we lost during the bye week :)

Just because the Texans called timeout and you were running a run play doesn't mean you couldn't do it again. 

I'd like to know our 3rd and 4th down conversion percentages when we're behind just a score in the last 4 minutes.

43 minutes ago, IndyTrav said:

Honestly it appeared to me Luck made 2 reads before the screen. Left. Then right. Then screen. U can see it on the broadcast. 

Our WRs weren't getting open all day forcing Luck to check down all day.  I think you might be on to something here.  Honestly I think our WRs are overrated because it seems like they struggle to get open a lot.

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Our WRs weren't getting open all day forcing Luck to check down all day.  I think you might be on to something here.  Honestly I think our WRs are overrated because it seems like they struggle to get open a lot.

I agree that our wr's have been pretty bad. Besides TY we don't have a good option #2. TY is good, Moncrief seems to be nothing more than a solid #3 wr and Dorsett is horrible, what a waste of a 1st round pick.

7 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I expect harder, better, more thoughtful trolls after a game, or season, like this one lmao

Calling the colts losers isn't something a troll would say. In fact, after what happened last year a lot of fans were calling the colts losers. This year? They have managed to be worse with a healthy Andrew Luck. How is it possible to backslide like this? Well because the colts have been sucking slightly less than the rest of the division for the last 5 years. 

Its awesome to have these franchise QBs without surrounding them with a real team and real coaches. Our franchise will not be a dynasty anytime soon with this current owner and staff. 

Losers find a way way to lose games and the colts do exactly that. Winners fight for 60 minutes. Troll? Sounds more like you at this point calling a fan out for no reason. 

"No changes are coming anytime soon. Irsay is part of the problem, not a solution to any problem. Eventually people will stop coming to watch a trash ball team like the Colts, and when the stadium is empty and the Colts are even a bigger joke in the nfl then they are now... Maybe then irsay will think of his financial investment and find a coaching..."

"And I quote from the Indy star... "And in one 24-day period last spring, Irsay got 400 tablets of OxyContin: four prescriptions of 100 40-milligram tablets each, records show." ... " 6 hours ago

"It doesn't matter what play was called. Losers lose.... And the Colts team is filled with Losers."

"Luck will be out Thursday.... This Colts team is a constant disappointment and there is no reason why luck won't disappoint in true Colts style and not make it out of concussion protocol by then. Steelers are gonna drop another 50 burger on the lame Colts... Fact "  Nov 22

"Andrew luck is in concussion protocol. He won't play Thursday. Season is now over for the Colts... Irsay needs to clean house. "  Nov 21

Yeah he's a true fan, he's shown to be a timely bag of dicks

28 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Calling the colts losers isn't something a troll would say. In fact, after what happened last year a lot of fans were calling the colts losers. This year? They have managed to be worse with a healthy Andrew Luck. How is it possible to backslide like this? Well because the colts have been sucking slightly less than the rest of the division for the last 5 years. 

Its awesome to have these franchise QBs without surrounding them with a real team and real coaches. Our franchise will not be a dynasty anytime soon with this current owner and staff. 

Losers find a way way to lose games and the colts do exactly that. Winners fight for 60 minutes. Troll? Sounds more like you at this point calling a fan out for no reason. 

"Fan"  lol.......

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:
"No changes are coming anytime soon. Irsay is part of the problem, not a solution to any problem. Eventually people will stop coming to watch a trash ball team like the Colts, and when the stadium is empty and the Colts are even a bigger joke in the nfl then they are now... Maybe then irsay will think of his financial investment and find a coaching..."

"And I quote from the Indy star... "And in one 24-day period last spring, Irsay got 400 tablets of OxyContin: four prescriptions of 100 40-milligram tablets each, records show." ... " 6 hours ago

"It doesn't matter what play was called. Losers lose.... And the Colts team is filled with Losers."

"Luck will be out Thursday.... This Colts team is a constant disappointment and there is no reason why luck won't disappoint in true Colts style and not make it out of concussion protocol by then. Steelers are gonna drop another 50 burger on the lame Colts... Fact "  Nov 22

"Andrew luck is in concussion protocol. He won't play Thursday. Season is now over for the Colts... Irsay needs to clean house. "  Nov 21

Yeah he's a true fan, he's shown to be a timely bag of dicks

Yeah I looked at his past posts and while they aren't positive, neither are a lot of my previous posts other than thinking (hoping) the colts were getting hot at the right time. I know a lot of colts fans have been butting heads especially this season because we are all looking for colts success like the good ole days and even better. 

This season has been a pretty huge disapointment since game one. The only game the colts have played to their potential was against the jets who have no reason to live apparently. (At least we aren't jets fans)

Hard to watch this team go out and show no emotion. No want. No competitivness. Unfortunately a lot of us fell for it. A colts win vs the jets really derailed our unrealistic expectations. 

Its like watching your kid go out into life and make the same mistakes as they always do without any changes. We can see the same thing on the field from our beloved colts. 

Im not angry with you or anything. Maybe he is in fact a troll, but a lot of fans are also giving our team crap because well let's be honest. They're playing like crap.