Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston (+6) vs. Oakland in Mexico (11-21-16)

oldunclemark

Jon Gruden, Sean McDonough and Lisa Salters on ESPN. 8:30 EST

in the 90,000-seat Estadio Azteca   in Mexico City.....mid 60s and dry..over-under 46

Houston QB Brock Osweiler (190 of 324, 1,818 yards, 112 Tds, 9 INts) is looking for an upset here that would put the AFC Central in the lock box.

WR DeAndre Hopkins (45 catches, 482 yards, 3 TDs) has been okay but rookie Kyle Fuller (25 catches, 3782 yards) hasn't been okay and has missed some games.

I don't know if he's playing Monday.

RB Lamar Miller (168 carries, 720 yards) only has 2 TDs but he's having a good year.  

Houston has allowed more than 23 points just 3 times this year. The Texans have scored only 15 TDs all year...the offense is work in progress and they haven't made much progress..

Oakland 's QB  Derek Carr (234 of 354, 2,505 yards, 17 TYDs, 3 INTs) has thrown 58 to Amari Coopeer for 843 yards and 49 to Eric Crabtree for  596 yards.

Running back Latavius Murray (89 carries, 393 yards) scored 3 Tds last time out against Denver.

Raiders apparently have a very large following in Mexico (I didnt know that) and the biggest flaw in their offense is that they are 'muy penalized' ..

..Gringo refs have slapped the Raiders with an NFL-'best'  94 penalties for 800 yards .

I don't think the Houston offensive line can block the Raiders so its going to be difficult for the Texans to move the ball.

No Tex-Mex flavor here.The 'home team' Raiders will eventually wear down Houston and win by more than six

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFC Central  (what is that???)

Kyle Fuller  (who is that, it should be Will Fuller) :)

Gringo refs??? (Gringo is a term typically used to describe a foreigner or outsider of US or British descent that does not understand or respect Hispanic culture, there are plenty in an NFL team and in NFL circles that are well aware of the Hispanic culture, IMO, who the heck wrote this?)

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

AFC Central  (what is that???)

Kyle Fuller  (who is that, it should be Will Fuller) :)

Gringo refs??? (Gringo is a term typically used to describe a foreigner or outsider of US or British descent that does not understand or respect Hispanic culture, there are plenty in an NFL team and in NFL circles that are well aware of the Hispanic culture, IMO, who the heck wrote this?)

too much Bears talk up here..Chad..Kyle Fuller is one of the many Bears on injured reserve

Just now, oldunclemark said:

too much Bears talk up here..Chad..Kyle Fuller is one of the many Bears on injured reserve

Gringo refs (I'll assume all NFL refs live in the US) are calling penalties on the Raiders..who are very popular in Mexico...that was the joke. 

..all posts are for entertainment purposes only

I've always liked the Raiders, maybe it's the Mexican side of me and not the gringo side? That and my half bro's in California are Die Hard Raiders fans, so unless they're playing against my Colts(Dec 24) I cheer for them! GO RAIDERS!!!!

6 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I've always liked the Raiders, maybe it's the Mexican side of me and not the gringo side? That and my half bro's in California are Die Hard Raiders fans, so unless they're playing against my Colts(Dec 24) I cheer for them! GO RAIDERS!!!!

haha  I thought you looked a bit Latino when you changed your avatar. :P

All kidding aside,  I never associated the Raiders with Mexico/Mexicans. What is the connection?

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

haha  I thought you looked a bit Latino when you changed your avatar. :P

All kidding aside,  never associated the Raiders with Mexico/Mexicans. What is the connection?

haha thought I'd mix things up a bit, Andrew is known to make some funny facial expressions! I won't put my ugly mug up there, I don't want to be put on ignore by everyone, lol!

Not 100% sure, but I would assume the Large contingent of Mexican/Mexican Americans in Los Angeles and Oakland and maybe the proximity to Mexico?

I grew up in South Texas and there seemed to be just as many if not more Raiders fans down there then there were Cowboys or Oilers(dating myself) fans, so figure that one out? lol

edit*

Heres a link that might answer some questions, a little old and I question the guys football knowledge a bit, but funny none the less.

http://archives.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2008/07/10/ask-a-mexican-why-are-mexicans-oakland-raiders-fans

7 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I really hope the Raiders get this win.  I had no idea this game was on a neutral field until a week or so ago.  I'd be 100% confident at Oakland but I am only about 80% confident on a neutral field.  I hope they get the win, the Colts need the help!

This is more like a home game for both teams being that California and Texas are not too far from the Mexican border.    Should have a good mixture of both teams fans in this one.     Hopefully the Raiders do what we need them to do.

Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!! Go Raiders!!