Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Grigson Trade?

lennymoore24

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

Yep.  We aint payin ticket prices or sittin on the couch on Sundy's to watch a bunch a choir boys lose.  If they got a little mean in'em, then so be it so long as they winnin', which is exactly the reason I wanted'em to sign Incognito.  Imagine that sum gun on our OL!

It really depends on what the infraction is and how many times it's happened. I'd take a risk on Chandler Jones but wouldn't take a chance on Ray Rice.

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Ever since former TE Aaron Hernandez was arrested for murder, BB & Robert Kraft seem to have lost their will for redemption projects on their squad IMO. 

There's a number of "knuckleheads" in the league. Talent masks a lot of sins or off the field headaches. 

There's an old saying in politics which applies here: "If sex were a disease, most senators would be dead." 

Translation: If you expect every body in your locker room to be choir boys, it won't guarantee SB rings for your franchise because we all need a few rough riders to get the job done & we can't all be saints anyway right? haha

Yep, and those 'choirboys' could sing at the half time show.....

From the mouth of The Grigson:

He was asked whether the Colts will make any trades before the deadline, and he said that it’s not as active as it is in baseball right before the deadline. Grigson will get texts and phone calls and he knows there will be some coming his way (and mentioned that there have been some coming his way already), but the move has to make sense: from a financial standpoint, from the player’s fit with the team, and from the fact that if the player isn’t an upgrade they won’t make the trade. Most of the time, Grigson said, teams are looking for picks at this time of the year and it won’t be a player for player deal, and Grigson said, “those picks are like gold, they’re hard to part with especially now for us.”

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/10/24/13395456/recapping-ryan-grigson-s-comments-on-colts-roundtable-show-week-seven

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

So, your point being what exactly? 

Is Chandler Jones Greg Hardy or Josh Brown? No. He's a premier pass rusher that did something foolish yes, but if he became available & he started sacking QBs regularly in the AFC South for INDY I wouldn't be complaining. 

There's a huge difference between 1 mistake & plethora of criminal problems Superman. Besides, even without this incident, who's to say BB doesn't trade him away a yr or 2 early anyway. It's his MO. His departure from NE is not an NFL Scarlett Letter to me at all.

The man is a beast on a football field. Did you watch him play vs the Seahawks last night? Cris Collinsworth even commented that the torque & angle Jones's body generated on that RW chop block dislodging the ball was very Dwight Freeney-esque.  

I really don't like when people put words in my mouth...

9 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Yep.  We aint payin ticket prices or sittin on the couch on Sundy's to watch a bunch a choir boys lose.  If they got a little mean in'em, then so be it so long as they winnin', which is exactly the reason I wanted'em to sign Incognito.  Imagine that sum gun on our OL!

You're also not paying his $85m contract, nor is it your job on the line if he doesn't live up to that contract. 

There are definitely bigger knuckleheads than Chandler Jones, but let's not act like whatever craziness he was involved in won't be a significant factor for whatever teams want to sign him. Personally, if I were going to overpay for a FA (and Olivier Vernon money is overpaying, no question), I would want there to be as few question marks as possible.

7 hours ago, krunk said:

From the mouth of The Grigson:

He was asked whether the Colts will make any trades before the deadline, and he said that it’s not as active as it is in baseball right before the deadline. Grigson will get texts and phone calls and he knows there will be some coming his way (and mentioned that there have been some coming his way already), but the move has to make sense: from a financial standpoint, from the player’s fit with the team, and from the fact that if the player isn’t an upgrade they won’t make the trade. Most of the time, Grigson said, teams are looking for picks at this time of the year and it won’t be a player for player deal, and Grigson said, “those picks are like gold, they’re hard to part with especially now for us.”

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/10/24/13395456/recapping-ryan-grigson-s-comments-on-colts-roundtable-show-week-seven

Yep he is right on this

4 hours ago, Superman said:

I really don't like when people put words in my mouth...

Enlighten me Superman, how exactly did I do that when I asked you point blank: What was your point exactly? 

I gave you a chance to shed light on the subject & you made a deliberate decision not to do so. That's not taking anything out of context politely asking you to elaborate on your knucklehead comment at all or the link you left. 

Our biggest weaknesses right now (October 25, 2016) are rush linebacker and weak inside linebacker (WILL). 

We are good-excellent at SAM and MIKE.

Our defensive line and secondary are playing well.

Our offensive line is starting to Gel, and improves weekly.

The original posters question is, should we trade for the players to get us over the hump. I think it's something Grigson should consider. We could take this division and once we're in then we have just as good of a chance than any other team. I would like our chances in the playoffs with a decent pass rush.

11 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Yep, and those 'choirboys' could sing at the half time show.....

True, those choirboys could, but only if they agreed to pay the NFL for the opportunity to perform LIVE on stage & most players don't have access to the money necessary to pay for play except elite franchise QBs & maybe Revis Island. 

8 hours ago, Superman said:

You're also not paying his $85m contract, nor is it your job on the line if he doesn't live up to that contract. 

There are definitely bigger knuckleheads than Chandler Jones, but let's not act like whatever craziness he was involved in won't be a significant factor for whatever teams want to sign him. Personally, if I were going to overpay for a FA (and Olivier Vernon money is overpaying, no question), I would want there to be as few question marks as possible.

I get it.  But with Incognito I don't think he's really had any off-field problems that I know of.  The worst thing he did was intimidate some wuss in the locker room and it turns out he was right......the guy is out of the league.  He has a couple a questionable on-field penalties too, but it seems those have been quelled recently as well.  I would still take him so long as he understands that any missteps and he's gone.  He didn't have any issues last season and just one little helmet chuck so far this season.  LOL