Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think there's $75 million reasons Paul George will resign with the Pacers...

....and the idea of us trade PG to Boston when he will beat us for 6 years in not logical

So assuming the Lakers would not give up their No.1 pick, what trade deal would you accept?

I am a bit lost then. I thought PG would be a FA and could sign wherever. Whats the deal with this trade thing? Honestly if they could do a trade I would prefer it. It would help the Lakers avoid Lonzo Ball's unstable dad who honestly scares the hell out of me. I love Lonzo, but I wish his dad could be sent to another planet. Their dad seems dead convinced that they will be drafted by L.A. and his son will be Kobe Bryant 2.0 and out shoot Steph Curry which is ridiculous. Lonzo is talented, but his dad now wants part ownership of like every endorsement or something too.

Magic really likes Paul George. Pacers could also draft a guy like Fultz?

Odds are Boston gets the first pick. Fultz is already buddies on the side with Isaiah Thomas so that might work out with them. Lonzo Ball's dad said he won't meddle with Brad Stevens but he don't want to go to Boston.:eek: His dad don't even want to go the team that is closer to a title since he wants his son to be "the face" of the team IMO. And in Boston thats IT.

I am so paranoid over LaVar Ball.

Also some also say not to count out the idea of Boston even pulling off a major trade a la 2007.....

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

everybody keeps saying that there's no point in even playing the games anymore..Golden State cant lose to anyone...

...just like last year

GS can lose, but to me it seems more likely if it did happen that it would be to the Cavs since the Cavs can match them in a shoot out. There is a chance too the Warriors could struggle with the Spurs or Rockets.

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think Toronto beats Cleveland...this is the match they wanted since last year

Meh, not sure. I been hearing for months that Toronto is geared up to win the East with Lebron stoppers. Sounds like how teams used to gear up with Manning stoppers in the AFC South and it never worked too.

You can also bet the league if possible will avoid the Canada team in the finals and prefer Lebron again (the cash cow) or Boston (historical team and it's the 10 year anniversary of the big 3 in Boston)

Yes sometimes I go the rigged route in the NBA still.......some markets and players are just sexier then others. It's why I often say if the league has a shot to get the Lakers back in the swing of things they WILL try to help Magic Johnson out with it. And the Clippers in L.A. are total losers so.......bring on the Lakers again.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have the Cavs in 7. HCA will help the Cavs win this series IMO, if LeBron loses it will be in the Conference Finals at worse. I still have Warriors/Cavs in the end so nothing has changed my mind regarding that.

I don't have the series going 7 but I could be wrong. I could see the Cavs being rusty in game 1. But, Lebron just got another rest period.........so he might be fresh as a daisy.

As for Lebron vs. Boston or Washington? I think the Cavs prefer Boston. They match up better with them. And I doubt they would be afraid of starting the first two games there. Boston would not get swept this year IMO but they just always look out of their league vs. the Cavs.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Give me a great reason not to assume it. Cavs have a deep Roster with the best player in the world on it and the Warriors have 2 Top 5 players in the league in Curry and Durant + guys like Thompson and Green. Warriors and Cavs both know how to win Championships too. I would love to see 2 different teams but I don't see it happening.

I think most think the Cavs defensive issues will show up at some point soon vs. a good team. It's possible, but at the same time I also sometimes wonder if their defensive stats were skewed since they rested half the season.

I so wish Bogut didn't get hurt since he would have been a huge help for the Cavs. But he died within two minutes of making his season debut with Cleveland.

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Toronto has but their team to play Cleveland.

The addidtion of Ibaka...makes them much more difficult for the Cavs small lineup to matchup with..

The series went 6 last year and the Cavs are just not as good defensively as they were..

San Antonio and Golden Sattate are even, to me. Green cant guard Kahwai and if Tony Parker played like he did in the first round, GSW wont be able to control the pace as they like to..

Folks act like san Antonio has no chance

SA has a shot vs. the Warriors, great coaching and some top players. Problem is.........I am not sure they can outscore the Warriors head to head. Rockets IMO might have the better shot and the Cavs have the best shot IMO overall.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is so FREAKIN GREAT! Jazz take down the Clippers. The Small Market Jazz thump the commercial making Big Market Clippers in Game 7 on their HomeCourt :scoregood:I am rooting for the Jazz to beat the Warriors and go all the way! Hill graduated from my college IUPUI (where I graduated from) and Hayward is an Indiana guy. Cant say enough about ISO Joe either, guy is clutch and a class act off the court too. That is my little darkhorse - the Jazz, HOW ABOUT THEM JAZZ :thmup:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jazz in 6, you happy now lmao 

Oh my God. You are predicting this? lmao Man you know this would make my year if the Warriors of all teams lost to UTAH. lmao I doubt it though, I have learned not to get my hopes up with the Warriors.

BTW on a side note, Brandon Ingram of the Lakers needs to bulk up and put some weight on. He improved a ton in the final few months of the year but is still soooooooooo skinny. When they played the Cavs there was a highlight I seen when Ingram BOUNCED off of Lebron James. lmao Like literally bounced off his body.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only problem is, in history we never have had the same finals 3 years in a row. Do we get it this year again or does someone new sneak in?

And no not Toronto.....come on that would be bad. I hate those guys too.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I am a bit lost then. I thought PG would be a FA and could sign wherever. Whats the deal with this trade thing? Honestly if they could do a trade I would prefer it. It would help the Lakers avoid Lonzo Ball's unstable dad who honestly scares the hell out of me. I love Lonzo, but I wish his dad could be sent to another planet. Their dad seems dead convinced that they will be drafted by L.A. and his son will be Kobe Bryant 2.0 and out shoot Steph Curry which is ridiculous. Lonzo is talented, but his dad now wants part ownership of like every endorsement or something too.

Odds are Boston gets the first pick. Fultz is already buddies on the side with Isaiah Thomas so that might work out with them. Lonzo Ball's dad said he won't meddle with Brad Stevens but he don't want to go to Boston.:eek: His dad don't even want to go the team that is closer to a title since he wants his son to be "the face" of the team IMO. And in Boston thats IT.

Also some also say not to count out the idea of Boston even pulling off a major trade a la 2007.....

GS can lose, but to me it seems more likely if it did happen that it would be to the Cavs since the Cavs can match them in a shoot out. There is a chance too the Warriors could struggle with the Spurs or Rockets.

Meh, not sure. I been hearing for months that Toronto is geared up to win the East with Lebron stoppers. Sounds like how teams used to gear up with Manning stoppers in the AFC South and it never worked too.

You can also bet the league if possible will avoid the Canada team in the finals and prefer Lebron again (the cash cow) or Boston (historical team and it's the 10 year anniversary of the big 3 in Boston)

Yes sometimes I go the rigged route in the NBA still.......some markets and players are just sexier then others. It's why I often say if the league has a shot to get the Lakers back in the swing of things they WILL try to help Magic Johnson out with it. And the Clippers in L.A. are total losers so.......bring on the Lakers again.

I don't have the series going 7 but I could be wrong. I could see the Cavs being rusty in game 1. But, Lebron just got another rest period.........so he might be fresh as a daisy.

As for Lebron vs. Boston or Washington? I think the Cavs prefer Boston. They match up better with them. And I doubt they would be afraid of starting the first two games there. Boston would not get swept this year IMO but they just always look out of their league vs. the Cavs.

I think most think the Cavs defensive issues will show up at some point soon vs. a good team. It's possible, but at the same time I also sometimes wonder if their defensive stats were skewed since they rested half the season.

I so wish Bogut didn't get hurt since he would have been a huge help for the Cavs. But he died within two minutes of making his season debut with Cleveland.

SA has a shot vs. the Warriors, great coaching and some top players. Problem is.........I am not sure they can outscore the Warriors head to head. Rockets IMO might have the better shot and the Cavs have the best shot IMO overall.

Oh my God. You are predicting this? lmao Man you know this would make my year if the Warriors of all teams lost to UTAH. lmao I doubt it though, I have learned not to get my hopes up with the Warriors.

BTW on a side note, Brandon Ingram of the Lakers needs to bulk up and put some weight on. He improved a ton in the final few months of the year but is still soooooooooo skinny. When they played the Cavs there was a highlight I seen when Ingram BOUNCED off of Lebron James. lmao Like literally bounced off his body.

I actually think the Warriors will beat the Jazz but I want the Jazz to win. I was just making Uncle Mark happy haha. I cant see anyway it wont be the Warriors/Cavs in reality and for the record in case it disappears in cyber space I would have Warriors in 6 like I said last season. I was wrong last season but you even know I didn't predict no sweep.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am a bit lost then. I thought PG would be a FA and could sign wherever.

Paul George isn't a free agent until after next season. The question is do we trade him this summer and get something back for him or do we bring him back and take the chance that he doesn't end up re-signing and we get nothing.

Whether he makes an All-NBA team will be a big factor in this equation.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

PG is still under contract next season so if the Lakers go after him they would have to trade for him. If the Pacers don't trade him he's fair game in the summer of 2018.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't remember one person predicting a sweep over the Cavs. Come on, that is funny! Like LeBron is going to get swept. I had Warriors in 6 going into the Cavs series and even actually said it wouldn't shock me if it went 7.

Stop yourself......far more people did than didn't.

The question was not: would GSW win?

The question was.......Would anyone win a game from them,.

Remember..the mood.......they were the record-setting greatest team of all time..

They were the 1990s Bulls.....'Obviously' better than the Bulls...or the 'Showtime' Lakers..

......How quickly we forget

I'm just saying that Golden State vs. Cleveland with GSW winning is far from guaranteed..

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Only problem is, in history we never have had the same finals 3 years in a row. Do we get it this year again or does someone new sneak in?

And no not Toronto.....come on that would be bad. I hate those guys too.

LeBron aint losing to no Toronto lmao It may go 7 though but the Cavs will win don't worry about it.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually think the Warriors will beat the Jazz but I want the Jazz to win. I was just making Uncle Mark happy haha. I cant see anyway it wont be the Warriors/Cavs in reality and for the record in case it disappears in cyber space I would have Warriors in 6 like I said last season. I was wrong last season but you even know I didn't predict no sweep.

No I know you didn't predict the Warriors to sweep the Cavs. I am the one who predicted the Cavs would come back strong in the series though when it looked pretty bleak. I think you had Warriors in 6.

I thought if the Cavs would win game 6 then they take game 7. We were very very due for a road team to win game 7 of the finals. Boston came close vs. L.A. years ago but it didn't happen.

I am always hearing someone is going to stop Lebron. Can they? Well I have to see it to believe it.

0514239001433798828_filepicker.jpg

I admit I don't know much about the Jazz. I just hope to see them take a game in the next series.......

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Paul George isn't a free agent until after next season. The question is do we trade him this summer and get something back for him or do we bring him back and take the chance that he doesn't end up re-signing and we get nothing.

Whether he makes an All-NBA team will be a big factor in this equation.

I guess the third option is to wait until the trade deadline during next season

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Remember..the mood.......they were the record-setting greatest team of all time..

They were the 1990s Bulls.....'Obviously' better than the Bulls...or the 'Showtime' Lakers..

I'm just saying that Golden State vs. Cleveland with GSW winning is far from guaranteed..

I just know what I predicted and I actually don't remember one person saying they would sweep LeBron. I remember almost everyone saying they would beat the Cavs but not sweep.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron aint losing to no Toronto lmao It may go 7 though but the Cavs will win don't worry about it.

Yep I know. Cavs get the series.

But, I am tired of hearing now how they have Lebron stoppage abilities like this is a video game. So now I fully expect the Raptors to bring out big tanks tomorrow night and lay the hammer on Lebron.

If the Raptors do win game 1.......the media will go insane on it and say the Cavs are finished and the Lebron stoppage is complete. 

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I had Cleveland winning it all last year so I stuck with that when they were down 1-3. I think 2006 had the Warriors over Cavs in 6 games.

Even though I hate the Warriors outside their head coach, I still have them as the over whelming favorite to win it all at the moment but I think they can be had.........if we all pray hard.

I just know what I predicted and I actually don't remember don't remember one person saying they would sweep LeBron. I remember almost everyone saying they would beat the Cavs but not sweep.

Then you were in the minority........most predictions were for a Golden State sweep.

Some said they'd sweep the entire playoffs

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

PG is still under contract next season so if the Lakers go after him they would have to trade for him. If the Pacers don't trade him he's fair game in the summer of 2018.

Oh I see, I didn't know that.

I thought PG was a FA this year so I was wrong. Hmmm.........

Is there anyone in the draft you all would want? I doubt Lonzo Ball's dad would be happy going to Indiana so may be someone else?

I still think the Lakers may get Lonzo Ball in the end, but at the same time DAMN that father scares me.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

No I know you didn't predict the Warriors to sweep the Cavs. I am the one who predicted the Cavs would come back strong in the series though when it looked pretty bleak. I think you had Warriors in 6.

I thought if the Cavs would win game 6 then they take game 7. We were very very due for a road team to win game 7 of the finals. Boston came close vs. L.A. years ago but it didn't happen.

I am always hearing someone is going to stop Lebron. Can they? Well I have to see it to believe it.

0514239001433798828_filepicker.jpg

I admit I don't know much about the Jazz. I just hope to see them take a game in the next series.......

Game 1 is the key. Jazz steal that then game on. I was a bit disappointed in the Jazz at home vs the Clippers though. Normally the Jazz are lethal at home and they lost twice at home.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Then you were in the minority........most predictions were for a Golden State sweep.

Some said they'd sweep the entire playoffs

You aren't wrong there, many did pick the Warriors to not lose at all or just lose a few en route to a title.

But, the 2001 Lakers they were not.

Just now, Jules said:

I had Cleveland winning it all last year so I stuck with that when they were down 1-3. I think 2006 had the Warriors over Cavs in 6 games.

Even though I hate the Warriors outside their head coach, I still have them as the over whelming favorite to win it all at the moment but I think they can be had.........if we all pray hard.

I has San Antonio winning the title last year....

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I has San Antonio winning the title last year....

Actually 2006 had the Spurs too. They were just often owned by OKC and even Spurs fans said so before that series how they always got owned by OKC. Then OKC decided to kinda just hand the WCFs to the Warriors with kindness. 

I had the Cavs winning it all. I mean........I could not go against them either despite the 1-3 deficit in the finals.

I have had the Cavs again this year but I am more hesitant on it since it's tough to repeat. So I won't be shocked if Cleveland does lose the finals this year.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Game 1 is the key. Jazz steal that then game on. I was a bit disappointed in the Jazz at home vs the Clippers though. Normally the Jazz are lethal at home and they lost twice at home.

That;s a big factor.....plus the pace..Utah plays slow...so slow its hard to watch sometimes.

But I dont think Draymond Green can guard Heyward without fouling out..

Utah's 2nd team may be better

But they have to keep the game slow

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I would find it hard to believe that the Raptors beat the Cavs. I want it to happen but I don't see how it could happen

You know why I hate them too? I mean last year the Raptors made this huge stupid stink over D Wade shooting a few baskets during their anthem. What happened was when Miami played Toronto, D Wade was not paying attention and had a pre game routine which meant he forgot and shot a few warm up baskets when the Canadian anthem started.

Then the stupid out roar started about how DWAYNE WADE HATES CANADA and it got so ridiculous. The media in Toronto built it up as if Wade has this vendetta vs. Canada. 

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess the third option is to wait until the trade deadline during next season

But that would depend on what team we trade him too. If we traded him to the Celtics or Lakers before the draft, we get a top 3 pick at least. If we trade him to the Lakers at the trade deadline next year, he could give the Lakers wins that put us out of a high position in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I would find it hard to believe that the Raptors beat the Cavs. I want it to happen but I don't see how it could happen

Lowry was so mediocre against Milwaukee...he must play well..

Toronto has a lot of defenders to throw at LeBron

..and the Cavs don't really have a backup center..a weakness we could no exploit

Just now, Jules said:

You know why I hate them too? I mean last year the Raptors made this huge stupid stink over D Wade shooting a few baskets during their anthem. What happened was when Miami played Toronto, D Wade was not paying attention and had a pre game routine which meant he forgot and shot a few warm up baskets when the Canadian anthem started.

Then the stupid out roar started about how DWAYNE WADE HATES CANADA and it got so ridiculous. The media in Toronto built it up as if Wade has this vendetta vs. Canada. 

Yeah I do remember that stupid crap. That was not a big deal at all. The media just wanted to make a juicy story. And Drake making fun of PG13. I just didn't like all that crap

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

But that would depend on what team we trade him too. If we traded him to the Celtics or Lakers before the draft, we get a top 3 pick at least. If we trade him to the Lakers at the trade deadline next year, he could give the Lakers wins that put us out of a high position in the draft.

Good point.......,there's no Top-3 pick if we wait till the deadline.

I dont think Boston is an option because he'd have to sign longterm with Boston.....flying in the face of the theory that he wants to 'go home'

Magic Johnson can make Paul a lot of off-the-court, LA  offers that we cant match.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah I do remember that stupid crap. That was not a big deal at all. The media just wanted to make a juicy story. And Drake making fun of PG13. I just didn't like all that crap

I actually think it's hilarious. lmao 

Wade is literally ignoring the anthem and just practicing. lmao Thats him, ultra American nationalist D Wade and Canada hater. lmao 

He just was in his own world. lmao 

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lowry was so mediocre against Milwaukee...he must play well..

Toronto has a lot of defenders to throw at LeBron

..and the Cavs don't really have a backup center..a weakness we could no exploit

I like your optimism but I don't see it. It doesn't matter that the Cavs don't have a backup C. Tristan Thompson rebounds the basketball no matter who guards him. I don't know why but that's just fact. Kyrie is better than Kyle Lowry by a country mile. LeBron is who he is. But DeMar Derozan. This guy can make a difference. He's gonna have to play out of his mind. But another guy that can help is Norman Powell. He's a great weapon off the bench

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I did too before the season and Playoffs started if that tells you anything. I didn't even think the Warriors would win it all, I had the Spurs. When it came down to the Finals I said Warriors in 6.

Why don't you just admit you never had the Warriors losing a single game and be done with it.

Just kidding.

BTW this year I hope the Warriors do lose a few games just to make it interesting since right now it looks kinda ridiculous already. I think they were up by 30 to 40 in the first quarter vs. Portland in the close out game.

Please tell me they will lose to someone soon as in "a game".

I expect the Cavs to lose a few sometime soon.......maybe.......

I actually think it's hilarious. lmao 

Wade is literally ignoring the anthem and just practicing. lmao Thats him, ultra American nationalist D Wade and Canada hater. lmao 

He just was in his own world. lmao 

Wade is one of my favorite players of all-time. He is arguably a Top 20 player of all-time as well. Other than Jordan, Kobe, and Jerry West, Wade is the best pure SG ever. Reggie was a better 3 point shooter but not the overall player Wade is. Curry is a PointG so was Oscar. Wade = 3 Championships and a Finals MVP, also over 20,000 Points in his career. Guy is in the class of Jordan and Kobe for his generation.

Thompson has to guard Ibaka..he didn't really have to guard Myles Turner

While it's true that TT didn't really have to guard Myles, I don't think Ibaka will be much different. I think the Cavs would be perfectly content to let Serge Ibaka shoot multiple jumpers. If he's smart, he'll attack the paint. Serge is a superior player to TT. He just has to have the smarts to prove it

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I have heard some speculate PG ends up on the Celtics to try and get a ring. And........also because the Celtics some speculate still may not want the high pick and will go for a "2007 type deal" to put them over the edge meaning in return the Pacers could get a pick or two and a player or two maybe?

But, PG many claim loves L.A.

But, he might also stay with the Pacers.

So no idea.

Also the Celtics have to pay IT this offseason big time so not sure how much they want to spend on others.

I just read a Toronto web site that pointed out that Jeff Teague averaged 16 a game and shot 58% against Kyrie Irving..in the 4 games we lost

They then said that since Kyle Lowry is a 'far better player' than Jeff Teague, Lowry could rebound from his first round slump against Milwaukee..

///I know you love your guys but they don't really believe that 2017 Lowry is 'far better' than Jeff Teague, do they? 

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

I just ready a Toronto web site that said pointed out that Jeff Teague averaged 16 a game and shot 58% against Kyrie Irving..in the 4 games we lost

They then said that since Kyle Lowry a is a 'far better player' than Jeff Teague, Lowry could rebound from his first round slump against Milwaukee..

///I know you love your guys but they don't really believe that 2017 Lowry is 'far better' than Jeff Teague, do they? 

Kyle Lowry isn't far better than Jeff Teague in his own mind lol. That's complete nonsense

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wade is one of my favorite players of all-time. He is arguably a Top 20 player of all-time as well. Other than Jordan, Kobe, and Jerry West, Wade is the best pure SG ever. Reggie was a better 3 point shooter but not the overall player Wade is. Curry is a PointG so was Oscar. Wade = 3 Championships and a Finals MVP, also over 20,000 Points in his career. Guy is in the class of Jordan and Kobe for his generation.

I also love Wade's wife Gabrielle Union who we all know from "bring it on" as the head cheerleader from "the black school". lmao 

She is older then he is but looks AMAZING for her age which is into her 40's.

gabrielle-union-dwyane-wade_n4grnz.jpg

Hottest athlete and wife couple. They got Brady and Gisele beat hands down IMO.

She is hilarious too since she joked that he sometimes walks around in skimpy clothing to say "do I look fat? Am I gaining?" And she is like "Stop fishing for compliments. You got the hottest body in America."

Why don't you just admit you never had the Warriors losing a single game and be done with it.

Just kidding.

BTW this year I hope the Warriors do lose a few games just to make it interesting since right now it looks kinda ridiculous already. I think they were up by 30 to 40 in the first quarter vs. Portland in the close out game.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Just kidding.

Well I did pick the Warriors this season before the season and Playoffs as they do look unbeatable. Once they picked Durant up I was like it's a wrap + after losing at home in Game 7 you know Curry is beyond hungry to get that Title back. I think the Spurs can beat them a couple of games, Cavs maybe 2 or 3. I hope the Jazz shock us all though. If the Jazz beat the Warriors I swear I will order me a George Hill jersey!

Well I did pick the Warriors this season before the season and Playoffs as they do look unbeatable. Once they picked Durant up I was like it's a wrap + after losing at home in Game 7 you know Curry is beyond hungry to get that Title back. I think the Spurs can beat them a couple of games, Cavs maybe 2 or 3. I hope the Jazz shock us all though. If the Jazz beat the Warriors I swear I will order me a George Hill jersey!

I have to see Utah win a game against them before I can be a believer. And if they win "the game" I will be more of a believer.

I think the Cavs can matchup okay vs. the Warriors as long as they don't have a defensive meltdown. Draymond Green often worries me the most actually......he can wreak some havoc on the Cavs as long as he doesn't turn into a 7th grader.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I also love Wade's wife Gabrielle Union who we all know from "bring it on" as the head cheerleader from "the black school". lmao 

She is older then he is but looks AMAZING for her age which is into her 40's.

gabrielle-union-dwyane-wade_n4grnz.jpg

Hottest athlete and wife couple. They got Brady and Gisele beat hands down IMO.

She is hilarious too since she joked that he sometimes walks around in skimpy clothing to say "do I look fat? Am I gaining?" And she is like "Stop fishing for compliments. You got the hottest body in America."

Gabrielle Union is a babe. Beautiful in every sense of the word. Good lord