Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Yeah..grew up watching the Cubs in the Beckert, Kessinger, Banks, Santo and Billy Williams' days

You should Post on the Baseball Thread. We have around 10-15 people that Post a lot there and it's a Great Thread. Everyone gets along and we have Posters that are fans of the Cards, Mets, Whitsox, Yankees, Pirates, Braves, Reds, etc.. You would love that thread. People like Jay, Brent, NFLfan, Princeton and Gozer Post there a lot. Luck is Good is the Whitesox fan.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should Post on the Baseball Thread. We have around 10-15 people that Post a lot there and it's a Great Thread. Everyone gets along and we have Posters that are fans of the Cards, Mets, Whitsox, Yankees, Pirates, Braves, Reds, etc.. You would love that thread. People like Jay, Brent, NFLfan, Princeton and Gozer Post there a lot. Luck is Good is the Whitesox fan.

there's always one

8 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol that is great parity. NFL should learn from this.. but after thinking about it.. it's really close but the Kings have been doodoo since 2004... so just slide that back to 2002 LOL which is still better than NFL since 2002 we still have the same 4 teams dominating AFC..

Yeah true, some NFL teams have suffered a similar fate - the Rams made the SB in 2001, then have only made the playoffs once since then (2003) and are a dumpster fire. Tampa Bay isn't that far off either, haven't won a playoff game since 2002 and haven't made the playoffs now in 10 years. 

15 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Yeah true, some NFL teams have suffered a similar fate - the Rams made the SB in 2001, then have only made the playoffs once since then (2003) and are a dumpster fire. Tampa Bay isn't that far off either, haven't won a playoff game since 2002 and haven't made the playoffs now in 10 years. 

Kings had their chance in 2002 to win it all and just choked. Chances like that don't come around that often, they had the Lakers down 3-2 and had HCA and still lost in the WCFinals. Some say Game 6 was fixed but they still had Game 7 at home and went 2-20 from 3 and 15-33 from the FT line. The winner of that got the Nets which was perhaps the worst Eastern Conference Champion of all-time. Lakers swept them as I think the KIngs would've as well. Blown opp by Webber/Bibby/Divac and the boys.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kings had their chance in 2002 to win it all and just choked. Chances like that don't come around that often, they had the Lakers down 3-2 and had HCA and still lost in the WCFinals. Some say Game 6 was fixed but they still had Game 7 at home and went 2-20 from 3 and 15-33 from the FT line. The winner of that got the Nets which was perhaps the worst Eastern Conference Champion of all-time. Lakers swept them as I think the KIngs would've as well. Blown opp by Webber/Bibby/Divac and the boys.

I remember that series.. 11 years old. Getting ready to out of North Carolina. Moving boxes all over the place, and I remember having pizza and watching the travesties of game 6 and 7 smh... 

9 hours ago, Synthetic said:

But we're talking an entire conference. At least the NFC has had some different looks over the years. The AFC has literally been 5 teams.. for 20som' years.. 1996. With Titians and Raiders exceptions lol. You mentioned every what, 13 teams in the West in NBA have been to the conference finals just since 2009?

NFL is fun, fantasy is great.. Sundays are awesome.. but really, the NBA seems a bit more interesting now doesn't it?

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you're referring to this game 6

Yeah...A lot of people think that was fixed and for good reason. Many NBA insiders say this was one of the worst officiated games in NBA history, and in this video you see a lot of people in the media were upset about it. Still to this day, this game gets brought up all the time when it comes to horrible officiating. Can't get more blatant home cooking than L.A. received in that specific game, and I still believe there isn't a game worse than this. Kings go on to win it all that year if this didn't happen. Most of the anger over that series is because the Kings fell to pieces after it was all over and their franchise is as irrelevant as what happened to the Rams after losing the SB. 

IMO I don't think it was intentionally "fixed" for the Lakers. It's just classic home bias, or 'home cooking' as it's called. Everyone benefits from this at times, especially in the NFL - look no further than the Pittsburgh Steelers who have benefited greatly going back to the 90's and even in the 70's with calls going their way.

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Cavs did the same thing to Toronto that they did to us...they 'blitz' DeRozen with a double team and dare the others to make shots.

Raptors have to stop crying about the refs...

\

...you don't get calls on the road against the league champs

What calls do you want? Come on, the Raptors have no chance. They're lucky to just be there at this point. Same with the Pacers, take PG13 off that team, the Pacers wouldn't have even made the playoffs. 

They played this game like they were traumatized the minute those dunks started happening. They constantly left guys wide open for 3's and had nothing to stop LeBron in the paint, at one point everyone was dunking on them. They had no answer once the Cavs started the fast breaks and overpowering them at the rim.

LeBron is having his best season since 2012-2013 when he last won MVP - averaging 30 points a game so far in these playoffs. If he continues dominating like this, he should win the MVP again and deserves it. The Raptors will be lucky if they win a game in Toronto. The king isn't losing to these guys. They play like they're traumatized and don't know what to do. It has nothing to do with the calls when they constantly leave guys wide open for 3 pointers and don't know how to defend in the paint. The Cavs aren't scared of them.

27 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

But we're talking an entire conference. At least the NFC has had some different looks over the years. The AFC has literally been 5 teams.. for 20som' years.. 1996. With Titians and Raiders exceptions lol. You mentioned every what, 13 teams in the West in NBA have been to the conference finals just since 2009?

NFL is fun, fantasy is great.. Sundays are awesome.. but really, the NBA seems a bit more interesting now doesn't it?

Yeah, I agree with you there. The NBA is just more fun. Win or lose. It's not a militant and as serious as the NFL is taken by it's fans at times with legacies and wins. The rivalries get more fun in the NBA too, since there is a large line of respect on both sides making playoff runs more interesting. 

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

WE disagree..I think its unfair to players and cheats the fans..

I still watch the playoffs but I'm nowhere near the fan I was when I watched games on old Channel 9 out of Chicago

That's fair.  The hockey World Junior's went to a shootout with the US beating Canada.  The MLS final was a shootout with Seattle beating Toronto.  I don't like shootouts determining champions.  But I think it's fine for a regular season, especially when you have 82 games.  Plus, the losing team still gets a point in the standings if they lose in the shootout, so they don't get completely hosed.  I understand your side of thinking players and fans get cheated, but I think it's an exciting way to end games.

13 hours ago, Jules said:

I see what you are saying and it is kinda sad too that we didn't have the series finish with both teams at full strength to see what would have happened. I still don't think Boston would have been swept or done in 5 though even with Rondo. Rondo though looked like he was ready to go nuts sitting on the sideline yelling and screaming at times since I think he saw things the Bulls had to take advantage of and they didn't. Rondo must have felt insane........he wanted to beat the Celtics so bad IMO and that killed him. So I think motivation was A LOT higher with Rondo out there on the court. And yeah Rondo's backup left a lot to be desired but I will give him a pass since he seems raw.

Still don't think losing Rondo though should have doomed the Bulls, they should have been able to adapt without him IMO and fought a bit more. I will admit, without Rondo the Celtics could really attack Jimmy Butler to pieces.

On topic with the Celtics, not sure I think the Wizards will be winning this series. They likely will get back in it but they had a 16 point lead to start yesterdays game I think and should have IMO been able to have kept going and not let the Celtics roar back in it. I knew Boston would be sluggish due to little rest and I think they had the funeral for ITs sister too. Boston though is a good comeback team.........the best teams in the league ARE good comeback teams. 

You CAN'T miss those chances to take control of a game 1. Pacers did this too vs. the Cavs having a shot in game 1 as well.

I still have it coming down to Cavs/Celtics in the end. Best two teams from the East this year and I think the Cavs beat them in 5 (or 6 if Boston is lucky) sadly since Boston matches up badly vs. Cleveland.

Honestly, the Bulls have been inconsistent all year.  Other than Wade, Butler, Rondo and Lopez no one else was consistent.  Niko, Portis, Valentine, Carter-Williams, Grant and Canan played well at times but way to inconsistent.  When you lose your floor general who creates the ball movement and runs the show, it's tough to win.  The Celtics made adjustments and knocked down 3's.  The Bulls were just to stagnant offensively with Rondo out.  The Celtics shot lights out in game 1 vs the Wizards, if the Celtics win game 2, they'll win the series, if the Wizards win game 2, I am rolling with the Wizards.  I honestly think the Wizards pose a better match up against the Cavs.  I can't see Boston beating the Cavs much more than once. 

Yeah this is a good series. If I was Washington at the end of regulation though I would have tried to have gotten fouled to just win on a free throw though.

This series is very very fast paced to watch, both teams have some serious speed. 

Wizzards are doomed. They had two games with a fast start but fizzled out in the stretch. They also can't stop IT.........at all. Thomas owns this series but he struggled more vs. the Bulls. 

Looks like we very well may get Cavs and Celtics now after all. I love this Celtics team but I am not sure they can match up with the Cavs even with homecourt.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is unreal, if they play the Cavs they will have HCA too. That may be a hell of a series. Thomas had 53 points tonight. Stevens is a great Coach.

I still think the Cavs would beat the Celtics in 5 or 6 due to matchups and size. But, it's tough to say.........

I think the Cavs would slow the pace down vs. Boston and Boston likes to play fast if possible.

Boston though is an emotional group. They tend to ride waves of emotions and are a young team. When the death of ITs sister happened they all went low together. Then when they got over it they all went high together. Right now they are on a high.

Brad Stevens is a good head coach and Lebron is a good head coach of the Cavs.

IF Boston makes the finals I am cool with it since I do like them but I would give the Cavs the better shot at taking out the west winner over the Celtics.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is unreal, if they play the Cavs they will have HCA too. That may be a hell of a series. Thomas had 53 points tonight. Stevens is a great Coach.

Lets be honest.... Isiah does carry the ball...on every play

,,,,when they used the slo-mo.....replays..he turns his hand up and actually carries the ball.

If that's legal he cant be guarded

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

Wizzards are doomed. They had two games with a fast start but fizzled out in the stretch. They also can't stop IT.........at all. Thomas owns this series but he struggled more vs. the Bulls. 

Looks like we very well may get Cavs and Celtics now after all. I love this Celtics team but I am not sure they can match up with the Cavs even with homecourt.

That's the best I've ever seen John Wall play....

I don't think the series is over...but to lose two times when you had big 1st quarter leads

I agree..Its bad on bad

Just now, oldunclemark said:

That's the best I've ever seen John Wall play....

I don't think the series is over...but to lose two times when you had big 1st quarter leads

I agree..Its bad on bad

If the Wizards win game 3 they can get back in this thing. But they got to win game 3. 

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lets be honest.... Isiah does carry the ball...on every play

,,,,when they used the slo-mo.....replays..he turns his hand up and actually carries the ball.

If that's legal he cant be guarded

They sometimes let IT get away with some stuff IMO since he is so small and they give him a break. That stuff would not fly though vs. the Cavs or Warriors star studded teams.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I still think the Cavs would beat the Celtics in 5 or 6 due to matchups and size. But, it's tough to say.........

I think the Cavs would slow the pace down vs. Boston and Boston likes to play fast if possible.

Boston though is an emotional group. They tend to ride waves of emotions and are a young team. When the death of ITs sister happened they all went low together. Then when they got over it they all went high together. Right now they are on a high.

Brad Stevens is a good head coach and Lebron is a good head coach of the Cavs.

IF Boston makes the finals I am cool with it since I do like them but I would give the Cavs the better shot at taking out the west winner over the Celtics.

I think Cavs would beat the Celtics as well but I could see that going 7. Cavs are capable of winning Game 7 in Boston though so HCA may not matter in the end in that series. Cavs would have a better a shot at beating the Warriors over anyone I agree but that would mean beating them 2 years in a row without HCA, the odds of that are low. I think this season HCA will be huge for the Warriors getting past every opponent left including Utah.