Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I have to see Utah win a game against them before I can be a believer. And if they win "the game" I will be more of a believer.

I think the Cavs can matchup okay vs. the Warriors as long as they don't have a defensive meltdown. Draymond Green often worries me the most actually......he can wreak some havoc on the Cavs as long as he doesn't turn into a 7th grader.

Yeah being serious I give the Jazz only about a 20% chance to win the series. That is better than what I gave the Blazers, I gave them a 1% chance and thought they would be swept. I think Jazz will win at least 1 game but if they steal Game 1 it could get real interesting.

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Gabrielle Union is a babe. Beautiful in every sense of the word. Good lord

She makes the rounds in the ladies magazines a lot. I see her often. I always had a girl crush on her. She is like this ageless wonder of some sort........

Gabrielle+Union+Gabrielle+Union+Visits+L

gabrielle-union-feet-5.jpg

Okay didn't mean to go OT. lmao 

But, hey why not celebrate D Wade's personal life? lmao He's a cool dude with a cool lady.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I hope he stays in Chicago......They'd still be playing fi Rondo hadnt gotten hurt..

I know he's gotten old. I just think he's a good guy to have on your team

Wade? I think he looked good in a few games vs. Boston but I never felt he had "the spark" he used to have in Miami sadly.

Just now, Jules said:

Wade? I think he looked good in a few games vs. Boston but I never felt he had "the spark" he used to have in Miami sadly.

Yeah I think his best days are behind him, just too many knee injuries and he's 35. He has nothing left to prove IMO though. He is Top 20 material.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

She makes the rounds in the ladies magazines a lot. I see her often. I always had a girl crush on her. She is like this ageless wonder of some sort........

But, hey why not celebrate D Wade's personal life? lmao He's a cool dude with a cool lady.

Nice legs

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

No no keep going OT haha. Truly scrumptious indeed

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think his best days are behind him, just too many knee injuries and he's 35. He has nothing left to prove IMO though. He is Top 20 material.

Absolutely. D-Wade will go down as a great NBA player. First ballot HOF. His credentials speak for themselves. Truly amazing career

Our financial issues are larger than Paul George..

In the Star newspaper  Saturday..I saw Mr. Simon say (as in Simon says) that if he felt we were one player away from being a title contender, he'd go over the salary cap.

The problem is: That's not how it works. The Cavs go over the cap repeatedly to add what they need.

If we have gotten Lou Williams or Kyle Korver, we wouldnt have been the 7th seed,,,

If we can resign Paul George, we would also want to resign Teague at $15 mil at least.

If we trade PG for a No,1 pick.,.one of the star point guards...we would no longer need Teague.

If we resign Teague..add what we can take one more shot and let Paul walk, our team would be built around Teague,  Myles Turner and Lance..

The question this summer isnt just Paul. Its Paul George AND Jeff Teague, right?

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Our financial issues are larger than Paul George..

In the Star newspaper  Saturday..I saw Mr. Simon say (as in Simon says) that if he felt we were one player away from being a title contender, he'd go over the salary cap.

The problem is: That's not how it works. The Cavs go over the cap repeatedly to add what they need.

If we have gotten Lou Williams or Kyle Korver, we wouldnt have been the 7th seed,,,

If we can resign Paul George, we would also want to resign Teague at $15 mil at least.

If we trade PG for a No,1 pick.,.one of the star point guards...we would no longer need Teague.

If we resign Teague..add what we can take one more shot and let Paul walk, our team would be built around Teague,  Myles Turner and Lance..

The question this summer isnt just Paul. Its Paul George AND Jeff Teague, right?

Jeff Teague will be re-signed. There is no question on that. The deal with PG is when they trade him. I think it's inevitable

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Absolutely. D-Wade will go down as a great NBA player. First ballot HOF. His credentials speak for themselves. Truly amazing career

Yeah I agree. I can only reel off maybe 15 or so players I would rather have than him in NBA history. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, LeBron, Oscar, West as far as floor players. Big's = Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, Moses Malone, and KMalone - that is 15, outside of that I would take Wade to start my franchise with anyone else I didn't name.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Jeff Teague will be re-signed. There is no question on that. The deal with PG is when they trade him. I think it's inevitable

But LIG.....wouldnt Teague have BEEN resigned if it was going to happen.

He's played well...but Mike Conley makes $30 mil...what If Teague wants $25 mil? we don't know

IF we are going to trade Paul George...we don't resign Teague either at that price

Just now, oldunclemark said:

But LIG.....wouldnt Teague have BEEN resigned if it was going to happen.

He's played well...but Mike Conley makes $30 mil...what If Teague wants $25 mil? we don't know

IF we are going to trade Paul George...we don't resign Teague either at that price

I'm telling ya OUM. Pacers will not lose both Teague and PG. That would be complete lunacy

11 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

No no keep going OT haha. Truly scrumptious indeed

I am leaving out the bathing suit pics due to the family image of the forum. 

lmao 

But, those two did a lot of swimming in Miami together. Good looking couple. Both of them.

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm telling ya OUM. Pacers will not lose both Teague and PG. That would be complete lunacy

I agree abut he lunacy....but I dont see us paying Jeff Teague, who is what 30 years old?, $20-$25 mil a year.

if we are not going to keep Paul George and try to win the East....

.....either we're going over the cap or we're not

....Teague makes $13 mil now..he wont resign for that

There is always a rumor yearly it seems too that the Celtic are going to get Carmelo Anthony. 

I swear Carmelo is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. And CP3. Both have made it to a combined one conference finals. That's just flat out bad

I agree abut he lunacy....but I dont see us paying Jeff Teague, who is what 30 years old?, $20-$25 mil a year.

if we are not going to keep Paul George and try to win the East....

.....either we're going over the cap or we're not

....Teague makes $13 mil now..he wont resign for that

Teague has proven he is a very good player in the NBA. Pacers will re-sign him. No matter what it takes. And on PG, the last chance is to get Gordon Hayward. It's gonna be tough but that could convince PG to stay. A team of Teague, Hayward, PG and Myles would compete

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Teague has proven he is a very good player in the NBA. Pacers will re-sign him. No matter what it takes. And on PG, the last chance is to get Gordon Hayward. It's gonna be tough but that could convince PG to stay. A team of Teague, Hayward, PG and Myles would compete

I want Jeff Teague and (more importantly) he wants to be here.

But Paul George makes $20 mi next season.......what if Teague wants $25....are you going to tell Mr. Simon to sign him "no matter what it takes"'?

...what about a team of Teague, PG, Myles and.....wait for it...........Carmelo!

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I want Jeff Teague and (more importantly) he wants to be here.

But Paul George makes $20 mi next season.......what if Teague wants $25....are you going to tell Mr. Simon to sign him "no matter what it takes"'?

...what about a team of Teague, PG, Myles and.....wait for it...........Carmelo!

There is no way on God's green earth that Teague is gonna ask for $25M. And you hold your tongue on Carmelo lol. I would totally be against that

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I swear Carmelo is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. And CP3. Both have made it to a combined one conference finals. That's just flat out bad

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is a wildcard in a lot of discussions. Still a great Offensive player but not sure where he would fit.

They always claim that Carmelo has to be on a stat studded good team to survive since he can't lead a team himself. He thrived on those Olympic teams too when Kobe was acting like his big brother. 

Paul Pierce used to say for pure offense......that Carmelo actually was the one player who gave him the toughest time to guard.

The Knicks have got to do something though. Part of me thinks the problem is Phil Jackson too, I don't like him as a GM and his triangle offense had it's time and place and it's over now. Phil has problems at times adjusting to changing eras of the NBA.

Where will CP3 go now btw? I am hesitant at times to bash him too since everything the Clippers touch turns to trash.

The only team that can afford Carmelo is probably the Lakers..Melo has multiple years left at about $25 mil, right?

I have heard this rumor before too. How the Lakers have often been the ones who might someday get Melo. 

@2006Coltsbestever Someone else was just telling me that Utah can give the Warriors some problems so.........dare I dream?

1 minute ago, Jules said:

They always claim that Carmelo has to be on a stat studded good team to survive since he can't lead a team himself. He thrived on those Olympic teams too when Kobe was acting like his big brother. 

Paul Pierce used to say for pure offense......that Carmelo actually was the one player who gave him the toughest time to guard.

The Knicks have got to do something though. Part of me thinks the problem is Phil Jackson too, I don't like him as a GM and his triangle offense had it's time and place and it's over now. Phil has problems at times adjusting to changing eras of the NBA.

Where will CP3 go now btw? I am hesitant at times to bash him too since everything the Clippers touch turns to trash.

Phil Jackson has been part of the problem. No question on that. But Carmelo just isn't a good team player. That's been his game his entire career. It's not gonna change now

Regarding the Lakers, I almost will be shocked if Magic Johnson just goes through this offseason without grabbing a super star. And I am not sure I can count that super star only being Lonzo Ball too.

If you ever read Magic's tweets in the past, he talks like the GM version of Trump with wanting to make the "Lakers great again". He wants BIG names.......

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

There is no way on God's green earth that Teague is gonna ask for $25M. And you hold your tongue on Carmelo lol. I would totally be against that

Mike Conley is about the same age as Jeff Teague..(both will be 29 this summer)

Mike Conley made $28 mil  this season.

If you were Jeff Teague's agent....what would you ask for

I meant star studded team not stat studded. But hey star studded is stat studded.

Mike Conley is about the same age as Jeff Teague..(both will be 29 this summer)

Mike Conley made $28 mil  this season.

If you were Jeff Teague's agent....what would you ask for

I would ask for $20M. He's not getting higher than that by anyone

I think CP3 will stay with the Clippers. My guess is they will part ways with Blake Griffin and try to improve their chemistry. I would almost bet Paul George doesn't get traded either and will just become a Free Agent in the summer of 2018. Regarding Melo, he has a no trade clause so he holds all of the cards where he goes. He may fit in perfectly with a team like the Clippers if Blake leaves and Pierce is retiring.

Just now, Jules said:

Regarding the Lakers, I almost will be shocked if Magic Johnson just goes through this offseason without grabbing a super star. And I am not sure I can count that super star only being Lonzo Ball too.

If you ever read Magic's tweets in the past, he talks like the GM version of Trump with wanting to make the "Lakers great again". He wants BIG names.......

and Magic can take Paul George back to his hometown (Northern California....outside LA, right?

..and say I can do this for you..and that for you...and you can be more than a ballplayer..you can be a big business man like me..

and only I (That does sound like Mr. Trump) can make it happen for you!!!"

.....and Magic is very persuasive, from what I've read

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think CP3 will stay with the Clippers. My guess is they will part ways with Blake Griffin and try to improve their chemistry. I would almost bet Paul George doesn't get traded either and will just become a Free Agent in the summer of 2018. Regarding Melo, he has a no trade clause so he holds all of the cards where he goes. He may fit in perfectly with a team like the Clippers if Blake leaves and Pierce is retiring.

Would the Pacers want to trade PG in return for the Lakers high pick? It's not a bad idea either if the Pacers want to rebuild and get some picks in return. 

Same with a trade with Boston but I don't know if Boston has concrete rumors yet since they are still in the playoffs and may not want to mess things up much on the team if they go far.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

Magic wants Paul George but I am not sure the Pacers will trade him. Now that Bird is gone, who knows. Magic may be able to fleece the new guy we have.

Just now, Jules said:

Would the Pacers want to trade PG in return for the Lakers high pick? It's not a bad idea either if the Pacers want to rebuild and get some picks in return. 

Same with a trade with Boston but I don't know if Boston has concrete rumors yet since they are still in the playoffs and may not want to mess things up much on the team if they go far.

The problem with getting the Lakers high pick when  the top teens are point guards,  then you don't need Jeff Teague.

If we trade PG to Boston, we might as well start broadcasting Celtic games in Indy because they'll be whipping us with our best player

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Lonzo Ball is being ruined by his dad. Getting spurned by Nike, Adidas and Under Armour is not a good look. And that's because of his dad. That Big Baller Brand crap is gonna ruin all three brothers and their careers

It would be hard to tell him this but the younger Ball is going to have to have a closed-door confrontation with his father including several versions of the phrase 'hush'

It has to happen eventually...He has to start speaking for himself ....exclusively

and Magic can take Paul George back to his hometown (Northern California....outside LA, right?

..and say I can do this for you..and that for you...and you can be more than a ballplayer..you can be a big business man like me..

and only I (That does sound like Mr. Trump) can make it happen for you!!!"

.....and Magic is very persuasive, from what I've read

Magic is also working with Kobe Bryant's agent. 

Oh God, Magic is VERY charming and persuasive. I found it hilarious that as soon as he became GM he called up Larry Bird again for old times sake to try and make a deal. lmao 

When I say Magic has stars in his eyes........

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/21/14688134/10-magic-johnson-tweets-lakers-president

2. Magic wants to bring every single NBA star to the Lakers. All of them.

Laker Nation: I would love to see Kevin Durant in the Purple & Gold!

•  
  •  

Laker Nation: DeMar DeRozan should be one of the free agents we go after this summer.

•  

Laker Nation: The Lakers should call LeBron James agent. We know he's going stay in CLE but they should go after him just in case he leaves.

•  

It would be hard to tell him this but the younger Ball is going to have to have a closed-door confrontation with his father including several versions of the phrase 'hush'

It has to happen eventually...He has to start speaking for himself ....exclusively

Good luck with Lonzo talking to his dad.

Lavar.gif