Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moncrief out 4-6 weeks

snkdy

54 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not sure why the questioning of the Colts S&C program bothers you?

This was a big discussion last year.    The first four years of the Grigson era saw the Colts always among the league leaders in games lost due to injuries.       And there were certain teams who always seemed to be among the leaders in fewest games lost due to injuries.

On the college level,  Stanford (Before Harbaugh) went from being among the nations leaders in MOST games lost due to injuries to (with Harbaugh and Shaw and a new S&C approach)  the Cardinal has about an 8 year track record of being among the nations leaders in fewest games lost for injury.

Perhaps none of what has happened to the Colts would've changed with a different S&C program?    I don't know.       But I thought we did hear this off-season that we got a new S&C team and a new approach.    Clearly we'd like better results.     Can we get them?      Not so far,  but it's early.

As fans,  we may not know for sure that it's the fault of our S&C team,  but I think the answer is more complex than......    it's football,  guys get hurt,   it's a violent game.  

Just a different perspective.      Sorry it went so long.

All of what you wrote is fair and reasonable.  

FYI - The Colts' history with injuries pre-dates Grigson.  That also means, if I am not mistaken, that the issues have been through at least a few different training staffs.

I also understand the idea hurt guys tend to always be hurt.  I have associated those more to the player than the staff. I just happen to believe the whole "training staff" is less than ideal belief to be an uninformed opinion.  

But this whole rant I went on was apparently based on a misunderstanding of the post I quoted in the first place.  So my apologies

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Specifically to Moncrief - he got hit very hard and broke a freaking bone in his shoulder.  What is the strength staff supposed to do with that?

To the general question of the Colts' training staff being adequate - none of us, and I mean none of us, who waste time on this message board has a clue about the quality of the Colts' training staff.  You pulled directly out of the Message Board Fanboy Guide - if players get hurt playing football, it is the strength / conditioning staff's fault.  This rule is right between ESPN hates us and the Refs are out to Get Us.  

Its cool. I figured it have looked funny or sounded weird if i put the sarcasm after every sentence.

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

All of what you wrote is fair and reasonable.  

FYI - The Colts' history with injuries pre-dates Grigson.  That also means, if I am not mistaken, that the issues have been through at least a few different training staffs.

I also understand the idea hurt guys tend to always be hurt.  I have associated those more to the player than the staff. I just happen to believe the whole "training staff" is less than ideal belief to be an uninformed opinion.  

But this whole rant I went on was apparently based on a misunderstanding of the post I quoted in the first place.  So my apologies

No worries.      No need to apoligize.

And thanks for the info,  it provides more context.

I only commented because I view you as one of the better, more informed posters here,  so I always think it's entirely possible you have info that I don't.     A number of posters here do,  but you're clearly one of them.

I hope we have enough healthy bodies to beat the Chargers Sunday.     We're 3 point favorites.     I don't care if we win by one,  as long as we win......

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

I don't want us going empty backfield as much to keep the TE and RB pass catching options still open and still have a TE out there to assist with blocking.

ACE formations with 2 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 RB is what Peyton ran most of the time with Dilger and Pollard, time to bring out most of those plays back. Time to run it hard and exploit single safety match ups with TY and Dorsett's speed.

This article is always a good read:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Inside-the-playbook-breaking-down-the-Colts/

This is a good thought .

Instead of putting our No. 4 WR out there,...use Doyle and Allen ...help out Frank Gore on early downs

,,and still have 4 good pass catchers on the field