Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England @ Arizona

dgambill

5 minutes ago, wizwor said:

I lurk.  Have a friend who has a Colts shrine in his office.  Interesting dynamic -- his wife left the Colts with Manning.  He got the Colts.

Colts and Pats fans have had overlapping interests since both played in the AFC East.  Seems like they play at least twice each year still.  Of course, the Manning/Brady competition has been fun.  (I think Brady and Belichick complement each other.  I don't think TB12 would have been as good without Coach.  I don't think Bill would have made Manning much better.)

With regard to this weekend, I don't think it is reasonable to attribute any of the games to luck.  The Pats were nine point dogs.  The game should never have come down to a kick.  Special teams matter.  Whether it was the kicker or the snapper or the holder or the circumstances, the Cards were not ready -- situational football.  Just like the Malcolm Butler pick.

As for Jimmy G., I think he had a really good first game.  Time will tell if he is the next coming.  Right now, I am enjoying the ride.

I think you guys go 12-4 and win your Division but that is really going out on limb isn't it haha 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you guys go 12-4 and win your Division but that is really going out on limb isn't it haha 

That's OK.  Every year, I predict they will go undefeated and win the Superbowl.  If you're going to be a fan, be a fan, right?

6 hours ago, Jules said:

LOL I was the only nut I think who rode the Cavs to come back when they were down 1-3 outside a few die hards maybe in Cleveland. So don't let that bother you. lmao 

My predictions have been shaky too in football.

Hey, I was a squirrel in that tree too.

To give the Pats credit for the Cards missed kick, is well.... :nutz:

We watched the entire game.  Palmer got off to a slow start, and looked "off" most of the first half, IMO.

Things clicked much better 2nd half for the Cards, until the missed kick.  Overall, it was a good game, but I wouldn't be so quick to crown the Pats champion, or to count the Cards out.   

I do think, like so many others, that Belichick is one of the best coaches ever.

On 9/14/2016 at 7:54 AM, The Old Crow said:

Exactly. The New England posters , sans wizwor, have disappeared like a Boston Cream Pie at a Weight Watchers Convention ! 

Patriots fans were here in force when there was a Colts v Patriots rivalry. Brady v Manning. Some good trolling back and forth. The rivalry is dead now

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

I could be wrong but I believe a lot of NE fans were lets say "expunged" from the forum awhile back. It's no coincidence that literally overnight we went from weekly trolling to a ghost town. I mean there has only been like two Tom Brady/NE threads in the last 6 months...and most are only a page or two long. I'm sure its no secret it's a lot more peaceful and enjoyable around here. Don't get me wrong there were some good Pat fans on here for a long time but I guess we had to clean up he boards and some were collateral damage. IMO good informed fan's I can have a good conversation no matter what team they support...but there is always those stirring the pot that ruin it for the rest.

I am glad I didn't get expunged. You guys always need a Ravens fan to kick around . 

2 hours ago, ZAZA418 said:

Patriots fans were here in force when there was a Colts v Patriots rivalry. Brady v Manning. Some good trolling back and forth. The rivalry is dead now

I know what you are talking about. It's like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Hines Ward , and other Ravens- Steelers retiring. New rivalries have to be built when the older guys retire. Same for Colts - Patriots. 

44 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I know what you are talking about. It's like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Hines Ward , and other Ravens- Steelers retiring. New rivalries have to be built when the older guys retire. Same for Colts - Patriots. 

Exactly. Colts/Pats and Brady/Manning seemed like a division rivalry for a while. We played 2x a year most years. It looked like it would just continue with Luck but it hasn't been quite the same

15 hours ago, BertJones said:

ok..no, I did not compare anything  across any board. I generalized, Just gave a quick example.

I didnt say anything about all losers would win and all winners would lose going forward.

Stop defending the patriots lol.

when they fail this year I will take credit for it.

Well then what was all that watching enough football to know about the first 2 weeks stuff...unless you meant that you've watched football for 2 years. That's not enough.

5 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I am glad I didn't get expunged. You guys always need a Ravens fan to kick around . 

LOL ....yeah right....have we even beaten you guys since Peyton left? Even so I'm glad you guys have bounced back this year. I hated to see all those injuries last year for you guys. We both had a rough season. I'm hoping this year both of us bounce back...after all...with our defense we have no shot at stopping Pittsburg and I hope you guys can keep them out of the playoffs.

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

LOL ....yeah right....have we even beaten you guys since Peyton left? Even so I'm glad you guys have bounced back this year. I hated to see all those injuries last year for you guys. We both had a rough season. I'm hoping this year both of us bounce back...after all...with our defense we have no shot at stopping Pittsburg and I hope you guys can keep them out of the playoffs.

After going 5-11, it's hard to predict where you will end up because of all the question marks. Most pundits have us in third place behind Pittsburgh and Cincy, and you can't really argue with them. That being said, it should be an improved Ravens team with many guys back from

injuries, and some decent drafts providing youth and speed. The only good thing about last year was beating the Steelers twice, so keeping them beaten down is always a priority for us. 

1. I didn't get expunged...I lurk every now and then but with the Colts not on the Pats schedule this year there's not much reasn to post (try to hide your disappointment).

As for the "lucky win" concept...give me a break. 90% of NFL games are settled by 1 score or less. There are a half dozen plays in any game that could reasonably be argued would change the outcome if they turned out differently. When those plays are the last play of the game (as in the missed field goal), their importance gets over-exaggerated.

At any rate, I was hoping for 2 wins during the Jimmy G 4 game stretch. So they've got to win 1 more out of these 3 for me to feel like they are in good shape. Any more is gravy. I think they can go 10-2 in Brady's 12 games, so a 12-4 record given the suspension...I'll take that.

2 hours ago, Bad Morty said:
  1. I didn't get expunged...I lurk every now and then but with the Colts not on the Pats schedule this year there's not much reasn to post (try to hide your disappointment).

As for the "lucky win" concept...give me a break. 90% of NFL games are settled by 1 score or less. There are a half dozen plays in any game that could reasonably be argued would change the outcome if they turned out differently. When those plays are the last play of the game (as in the missed field goal), their importance gets over-exaggerated.

At any rate, I was hoping for 2 wins during the Jimmy G 4 game stretch. So they've got to win 1 more out of these 3 for me to feel like they are in good shape. Any more is gravy. I think they can go 10-2 in Brady's 12 games, so a 12-4 record given the suspension...I'll take that.

You know me.   You and I have disagreed plenty.   The win over the cards was not luck.  It was great coaching.   Belichick made a deal with the devil to always know what the other team wants to do.   The guy is an amazing coach.     I think you guys go 4-0 with Jeanine Garafalo