Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears (+6) at Houston (9-11-16)

oldunclemark

Thom Brenneman, Charles Davis and Peter Scharger   1 p.m. EST  on FOX

over-under 44

Jay Cutler (311 of 483, 3,659 yards, 21 Tds, 11 INTs) is back for his 8th year with the Bears with Alshon Jeffrey (54 catches, 807 yards) and tight end Keith Miller (34 catches, 439 yards)

John Fox doesn't say who will and wont play until the last minute so 2015 top draft choice Kevin White, a 6-foot-5 WR, may make his NFL debut (he miss all last season) or be may not.  Rookie OLB Leonard Floyd will make his NFL debut for the Bears

DBs Tracy Porter and Kyle Fuller are also game-time decisions.

Kyle Long (shoulder) figures to play but DE Pernell McPhee (6 sacks in 2015)

Former Bronco Brock Osweiler makes his Houston debut with all-pro WR Andre Hopkins (111 catches, 1,521 yards, 11 Tds) and Notre Dame rookie Will Fuller, making his NFL debut. Brock can hand off to RB Lamar Miller  in from Miami

the O-line will be short tackle Duane Brown and projected rookie starter center Nick Martin

Houston's defense with all-pro JJ Watt, former top choice Jadeveon Clowney and OLB Whitney Merciless.. is ready to put the heat on Jay if the Bears cant run the ball.

IU RB Jordan Howard makes his NFL debut for the Bears as does center Cody Whtehair...

....also free agent linebackers Jerrell Freeman and Danny Trevethan should make the Bears better on defense

Conventional logic says the Bears need a snowstorm (its Texas) or a heavy rain (they play indoors) to win but it isn't that far fetched that they cover +6

The top bet here may be the 'under'....Bears seem to be going into a knife fight here with plastic forks

..any thoughts?

Freman looks good today. Consider what we let him sign away for its hard to think he isn't worth that. Don't get me wrong....he isn't an elite lb but he covers well and moves well...and is healthy. Chicago seemed to always take our defensive left overs and get a little more out of them.

12 minutes ago, bayone said:

Didnt see u post that so reposted sorry, but good question, all I can say its not from a lack of Trying

He will get better. Forcing the ball right now trying to make big plays. Let the game come to him and he will be fine. Throws to fuller and Hopkins didn't look good but the underneath stuff is there and I think they will run on Chicago later.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

He will get better. Forcing the ball right now trying to make big plays. Let the game come to him and he will be fine. Throws to fuller and Hopkins didn't look good but the underneath stuff is there and I think they will run on Chicago later.

1st game with team sure Brock is anxious

havent watched, just saw score

have to leave now but

GO COLTS & I will be with LION Fans as Live just North of Detrot, but why a late game ?? both usually play early games

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bears are one of the worse teams in the league so it was wishful thinking to think they could actually extend their lead when they were up 7-0. Of course Cutler with a dumb fumble. So far Brock looks average, he has a TD but also a pick. Texans only up 10-7 late 2nd Qtr.

Bears WERE one of the worst teams in the league..

Trevethan, Freeman..and Josh Sitton will improve them..They'll be average...8-8