Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any News on Morrison?

Defjamz26

They were both mentioned in practice.  I got the impression that they were still learning the system.  So until they know what they're doing, they aren't going to be doing anything special.  Like we always used to say in practice, it doesn't matter how fast you are if you don't know where you're going.   

Hopefully they get a lot of time tonight.  

1 hour ago, Feardaneard said:

Yeah I was wondering as well. Also has anyone heard anything on Hassan Ridgeway?

I'll try and find the article but the coaches are high on him. They've moved him up and down the line in camp and Pagano says he can play 5-tech or Nose.

He was still trying to learn the playbook and get used the the defense. He will get used to it with playing time. I remember the article stating that the coaching staff is still high on him he's just coming along a little slower than they hoped.

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He was one of the draft picks I was really excited about. I haven't really heard any news on him lately though. Has he looked good in camp? Or is he still recovering from his injuries? I've heard things about every other draft pick except him.

Yeah you haven't been paying attention. Monachino touched on the issue more than once.

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He was one of the draft picks I was really excited about. I haven't really heard any news on him lately though. Has he looked good in camp? Or is he still recovering from his injuries? I've heard things about every other draft pick except him.

hes struggling because he really didnt get to participate in hardly any OTA sessions. Having to learn on the fly. Most of it is mental due to the volume of information. He will perk up sooner or later.

On 8/7/2016 at 4:26 PM, krunk said:

hes struggling because he really didnt get to participate in hardly any OTA sessions. Having to learn on the fly. Most of it is mental due to the volume of information. He will perk up sooner or later.

COACH QUOTE OF THE DAY

Defensive coordinator Ted Monachino on fourth-round pick Antonio Morrisonicon-article-link.gif :

“What we’ve seen out of him on the field is exactly what we saw on college tape. You see tough, you see rugged. You see a guy that loves the game. The best thing that we’ve learned about Antonio since the camp, probably the fact that he’s such a football smart kid. He gets it; he understands ball and he run fits. He understands, like we were talking about before, where the weaknesses are in certain calls and knows how to play to those things. Antonio is a pleasant surprise. We knew he was going to be tough and he was going to be a downhill run stopper but we’re getting more and more familiar with him and what he can handle. We’re putting more and more on his plate everyday.”
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Practice-10-Training-Camp-Notebook-Rain-Shortens-Colts-Final-Afternoon-Practice-In-Anderson/1be9648a-dfa8-4399-95c9-54b9df6c74bb

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

COACH QUOTE OF THE DAY

Defensive coordinator Ted Monachino on fourth-round pick Antonio Morrisonicon-article-link.gif :

“What we’ve seen out of him on the field is exactly what we saw on college tape. You see tough, you see rugged. You see a guy that loves the game. The best thing that we’ve learned about Antonio since the camp, probably the fact that he’s such a football smart kid. He gets it; he understands ball and he run fits. He understands, like we were talking about before, where the weaknesses are in certain calls and knows how to play to those things. Antonio is a pleasant surprise. We knew he was going to be tough and he was going to be a downhill run stopper but we’re getting more and more familiar with him and what he can handle. We’re putting more and more on his plate everyday.”
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Practice-10-Training-Camp-Notebook-Rain-Shortens-Colts-Final-Afternoon-Practice-In-Anderson/1be9648a-dfa8-4399-95c9-54b9df6c74bb

Good stuff. The 3rd and 4th round really seems to be Grigson's sweet spot, I fully expect this kid to be very productive, just maybe not right away as he's going to have limited snaps early on.

15 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Good stuff. The 3rd and 4th round really seems to be Grigson's sweet spot, I fully expect this kid to be very productive, just maybe not right away as he's going to have limited snaps early on.

Ryan Kelly and Phillip Dorsett will prove to be good 1st round choices as well. I'm confident of that.  Grigson is going to do much better in this next phase with the majority of the focus on Draft Picks and less on all the wheeling and dealing he was doing  Free Agency. 

25 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I have. There honestly hasn't been a lot of coverage like the past few years. The coverage this year has been bleh.

Between the threads here, StampedeBlue, Colts.com, and writers like Bremer, I'm not sure what more you could ask for?

Ultimately, it's just practice.  All you really learn is who's injured or not, and maybe who's on the 1's and 2's.

The performances are subjective.  Last year Carter was a star, which turned out to be meaningless once they played a real game.

23 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Between the threads here, StampedeBlue, Colts.com, and writers like Bremer, I'm not sure what more you could ask for?

Ultimately, it's just practice.  All you really learn is who's injured or not, and maybe who's on the 1's and 2's.

The performances are subjective.  Last year Carter was a star, which turned out to be meaningless once they played a real game.

I wasn't the only one who thought this either. If you noticed the last couple years, there was a ton more reporting than this year. Everyone was bonkers on tweeting about things. I'm not complaining about it, just stating what I've been seeing so far.

7 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I wasn't the only one who thought this either. If you noticed the last couple years, there was a ton more reporting than this year. Everyone was bonkers on tweeting about things. I'm not complaining about it, just stating what I've been seeing so far.

Could be true.  I don't think I'm learning any more than I did last year though.  A lot of people tweeting the same thing.

Again, I'm not sure what you want in the reporting.  When it's coming from people in the stands watching drills and practices, it's all extremely subjective.

I think StampedeBlue does a good job of summarizing the practice, along with the various news reporters.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Colts probably have one of the lowest attendance figures for camp.  Partly because of facilities and location.  Not because of lack of interest.  I know the Browns, Panthers and Rams are setting records.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Could be true.  I don't think I'm learning any more than I did last year though.  A lot of people tweeting the same thing.

Again, I'm not sure what you want in the reporting.  When it's coming from people in the stands watching drills and practices, it's all extremely subjective.

I think StampedeBlue does a good job of summarizing the practice, along with the various news reporters.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Colts probably have one of the lowest attendance figures for camp.  Partly because of facilities and location.  Not because of lack of interest.  I know the Browns, Panthers and Rams are setting records.

Again, there was more people reporting than last couple years than this year. lol. I'm not complaining. Just stating the obvious. I'm out.

The starting inside linebacker spots is any combination of D’Qwell Jackson/ Sio Mooreicon-article-link.gif / Nate Irvingicon-article-link.gif in a given rep. Those three are clearly the top guys right now. Antonio Morrisonicon-article-link.gif is knocking on the door though. The fourth-round pick even took some first-team reps on Thursday.
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Final-Training-Camp-Notebook-TY-Hilton-Stars-Starters-To-Play-Saturday-Night/b32b034c-9383-4e42-9ec7-0a39e7be1c4a

5 hours ago, krunk said:

The starting inside linebacker spots is any combination of D’Qwell Jackson/ Sio Mooreicon-article-link.gif / Nate Irvingicon-article-link.gif in a given rep. Those three are clearly the top guys right now. Antonio Morrisonicon-article-link.gif is knocking on the door though. The fourth-round pick even took some first-team reps on Thursday.
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Final-Training-Camp-Notebook-TY-Hilton-Stars-Starters-To-Play-Saturday-Night/b32b034c-9383-4e42-9ec7-0a39e7be1c4a

We released Herrera though so he should be jumping ahead on the depth chart. Nice to hear him running with the 1's for a few reps though. I wonder if they released Herrera because Morrison was further along/had more upside.

11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

We released Herrera though so he should be jumping ahead on the depth chart. Nice to hear him running with the 1's for a few reps though. I wonder if they released Herrera because Morrison was further along/had more upside.

Didn't really need Herrera.  We've got 4 of that style of backer on this team between Morrison, Irving, Edwin Jackson, and of course Dqwell Jackson.  That's 4 Run Stuffing linebackers. Edwin Jackson may have enough ability to play either one of the two ILB positions.  I'm guessing Jackson and Junior Sylvestre were doing better than him. 

After they let Herrera go it looks like they decided to add another WLB style backer to the team.  Currently we have Sio Moore, Junior Sylvestre, Maybe Edwin Jackson, and they brought Anthony Sarao back.  Oh yeah and Mcnary.

45 minutes ago, krunk said:

Didn't really need Herrera.  We've got 3 of that style of backer on this team between Morrison, Irving, Edwin Jackson, and of course Dqwell Jackson.  That's 4 Run Stuffing linebackers. 

True. But you'd think after being on the PS squad last year that he'd have a leg up on some of the guys.