Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the NFL stop drug testing for Marijuana?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Suuuure man...

Yeah, you got me. I was lying. I know many people who are exactly as you described. I was just too embarrassed to own it. That's why I voluntarily posted a lie which then put me in your radar, rather than just not posting anything at all which means I'd never have to answer any questions about it...you know, like a sane person. 

*rolls eyes*

/sarcasm 

Again, I have never known anyone that was as you described. 

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes and no, but the attitude is because weed is suppose to be a mental addiction it is not real addiction...

Ah ok. Well see here's the thing though...that's not MY attitude about it so...take that up with those who do share that attitude...not me. :P

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

Ah ok. Well see here's the thing though...that's not MY attitude about it so...take that up with those who do share that attitude...not me. :P

I wasn't pointing a finger at you at all. That was not my intention. It was just a general comment that was being discussed in the thread and my thoughts on it.   :lecture:

On July 27, 2016 at 9:39 PM, Jason_S said:

As I said...people with addictive personalities can become mentally addicted...but I don't believe it to be physically addictive like tobacco is.  People with addictive personalities can get addicted to anything...robitussin, nasal spray, any type of food or just good in general, aspirin, cough drops...anything.

That's a bit of an over generalization isn't Jason? Addiction normally alters a person's brain chemistry whereby withdrawal is generated without it like heroin in some people for instance. 

Your nasal spray example & cough drop example is more than a bit far fetched IMO. Most people don't rob banks or other businesses to get their allergy relief fix or cough drop high. Come on now. 

Yes, I know former Raiders QB Jamarcus Russel got addicted to Purple drank for instance, but it's not like pharmacies are on high alert for a Robtussin epidemic sweeping the nation. Meth perhaps, but cough syrup on a massive scale. I don't think so. 

So, if a person has an addictive personality they are destined to become a drug addict? A doesn't necessarily lead to B. It implies a cause & effect relationship that doesn't always ring true like saying a daredevil stunt junkie is destined to be a criminal getaway driver later in life. Pure hogwash. It might happen, but is it inevitable or a foregone conclusion? Absolutely not. 

59 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

So, if a person has an addictive personality they are destined to become a drug addict? A doesn't necessarily lead to B. It implies a cause & effect relationship that doesn't always ring true like saying a daredevil stunt junkie is destined to be a criminal getaway driver later in life. Pure hogwash. It might happen, but is it inevitable or a foregone conclusion? Absolutely not. 

You may possibly have the worst reading comprehension on this forum.  You put more words in peoples mouths  than they put in their own.  

Where in the hell did I say anything was inevitable or a foregone conclusion?

Where did I say that people with addictive personalities are destined to become drug addicts? 

Where did I say that people addicted to cough syrup or nasal spray are knocking over banks?

Looking specifically at the sections of my post that you put in bold...I used the word "can".  People with addictive personalities "can" become addicted to anything including weed. You know what the word "can" means right? The word does have more than one meaning so I guess it could be a bit tricky.

3 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

You may possibly have the worst reading comprehension on this forum.  You put more words in peoples mouths  than they put in their own.  

Where in the hell did I say anything was inevitable or a foregone conclusion?

Where did I say that people with addictive personalities are destined to become drug addicts? 

Where did I say that people addicted to cough syrup or nasal spray are knocking over banks?

Looking specifically at the sections of my post that you put in bold...I used the word "can".  People with addictive personalities "can" become addicted to anything including weed. You know what the word "can" means right? The word does have more than one meaning so I guess it could be a bit tricky.

Who died & made you king of word semantics BTW? "I never said that." That's always your get out of jail catch phrase isn't Jason? LOL! That you're always misquoted & misunderstood. 

Clearly, you don't grasp the indirect inferences you constantly imply with your posts on a frequent basis. Give me a break Jason. You act like you're the supreme authority on all narcotics topics & then when somebody disagrees with your perspective you claim you were taken out of context & everybody else is a fool except you of course. LOL! Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. 

• Nadine locked this topic