Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

M. Wilkerson / Jets agree to long term contract

ColtsBlueFL

3 hours ago, Superman said:

I didn't expect this to happen. Don't want Sheldon Richardson, either. This sucks.

I guess we'll just have to settle for Leonard Williams haha

In all seriousness, one of the first things that went through my mind when I saw the news was how sad you would be.  We'll get through this

Minionsad.gif

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

No Way!   Yes Way!   Never saw that one coming.   Now we have to go to plan B.  Whatever that is.  Any young stud DL/ER we could pry away from a non contender or do we wait for free agency next year?

You were right in that the best way to get him would have been to trade for him now. I still think it would have been too risky, with the injury, and probably too costly, with the high pick and the big contract.

58 minutes ago, Superman said:

You were right in that the best way to get him would have been to trade for him now. I still think it would have been too risky, with the injury, and probably too costly, with the high pick and the big contract.

Thanks, I thought it was the way to go but who knows.  Maybe the price was to high, maybe we were not interested and didn't even explore it.  I guess we have to hope our injuries heal up and our players can stay on the field.  Maybe Ridgeway really surprises.  Knowing Grigson he still might try to upgrade the roster before the regular season is under way.  

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I heard projections/updates he would be on the PUP.  Not sure if that means season opener or just pre-season.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Thanks, I thought it was the way to go but who knows.  Maybe the price was to high, maybe we were not interested and didn't even explore it.  I guess we have to hope our injuries heal up and our players can stay on the field.  Maybe Ridgeway really surprises.  Knowing Grigson he still might try to upgrade the roster before the regular season is under way.  

I'm surprised that Grigson hasn't done more roster shuffling this offseason. Only a few roster moves since college free agency, mostly inconsequential. 

The Sio Moore trade came at the end of preseason. Didn't really pay off last year, but he's in line for a starting spot this year. I could see a depth RB move at some point, but not until they get a good look at the young guys.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm surprised that Grigson hasn't done more roster shuffling this offseason. Only a few roster moves since college free agency, mostly inconsequential. 

The Sio Moore trade came at the end of preseason. Didn't really pay off last year, but he's in line for a starting spot this year. I could see a depth RB move at some point, but not until they get a good look at the young guys.

I think with the new approach that our front office is taking,  along with all the new coaching changes, it makes more sense to keep these players around longer in the offseason.

We had too many players on the roster for a week or less last year. It's hard to coach a player up to his potential in 3 practices. I'm kind of glad we are seeing less shuffling this offseason. I'm excited to see if our new coaches can unearth any promising young udfas to add to the rotation.