Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Irsay Keep The Cat In The Bag This Time?

presto123

What do you think? It seems like the news of hirings or firings always leaks out somehow. Can Irsay keep the cat in the bag this time about who the HC will be until we all hear it LIVE at the next presser? Has that even happened before? Seems the media outlets always get an early scoop in HC hires.

I think Irsay likes letting things leak out a little bit. Frankly I think he's trying to show this a different than when Polian ran the team and that the Colts are going to be more up front about things. He went out of his way in his presser when he fired the Polians to say that they had to do a better job talking to the media.

Also in today's world it's extremely hard if not impossable to keep things in bad till you have the presser. The last presser shocker I can think of is when the Browns were going to introduce Phil Simms as their new QB and Simms didn't show up.

What do you think? It seems like the news of hirings or firings always leaks out somehow. Can Irsay keep the cat in the bag this time about who the HC will be until we all hear it LIVE at the next presser? Has that even happened before? Seems the media outlets always get an early scoop in HC hires.

I hope so, more fun that way.

Kind of like not knowing the gender of a baby. "SURPRISE! It's a COACH!!!!!!!!!!" :lol:

I think Irsay likes letting things leak out a little bit. Frankly I think he's trying to show this a different than when Polian ran the team and that the Colts are going to be more up front about things. He went out of his way in his presser when he fired the Polians to say that they had to do a better job talking to the media.

Also in today's world it's extremely hard if not impossable to keep things in bad till you have the presser. The last presser shocker I can think of is when the Browns were going to introduce Phil Simms as their new QB and Simms didn't show up.

I agree. Irsay mentioned this in his press conference. I think he wants to interact as much as he can with Colts fans and in my opinion, part of the reason Polian is gone is because he had issues with the fans. I don't think Irsay takes us for granted. He knows how hard it can be in a small market.

I agree. Irsay mentioned this in his press conference. I think he wants to interact as much as he can with Colts fans and in my opinion, part of the reason Polian is gone is because he had issues with the fans. I don't think Irsay takes us for granted. He knows how hard it can be in a small market.

The new GM and the next HC are and will be much more media friendly than during the Polian era. Jim Irsay has alluded to this in his press conferences.

The new GM and the next HC are and will be much more media friendly than during the Polian era. Jim Irsay has alluded to this in his press conferences.

Do the Pats do it? Does NYGiant do it?

Did the Pack? Saints..... I am personally sick of the Twitter world.

I wish Irsay would hire Parcells and Bill would roll in here and smash Jimmy's keybourd to heck.

Bunker mentality wins games not "prizes" for correct trivia...

Sigh....

What are you talking about?

Do the Pats do it? Does NYGiant do it?

Did the Pack? Saints..... I am personally sick of the Twitter world.

I wish Irsay would hire Parcells and Bill would roll in here and smash Jimmy's keybourd to heck.

Bunker mentality wins games not "prizes" for correct trivia...

Sigh....

What does Irsay's twitter have to do with winning football games?

?? I think it's self explanatory. Everybody else replied without question marks.

When did Irsay leak anything? Polian was a surprise, Caldwell was fired when the media said they had a leak that he was kept. He's announced what GMs and now coaches he's interested in but that's normal and not secret for most teams.

When did Irsay leak anything? Polian was a surprise, Caldwell was fired when the media said they had a leak that he was kept. He's announced what GMs and now coaches he's interested in but that's normal and not secret for most teams.

I'm just talking about keeping it secret until we hear it live. After the Caldwell and Grigson decisions were made we knew at least a few hours before the presser what had happened. I just think it would be neat for everybody to find out LIVE. I know he has to alert the local media to get them to the complex and such but he could still keep the cat in the bag couldn't he? Just tell them that a major decision will be announced or something?

I'm just talking about keeping it secret until we hear it live. After the Caldwell and Grigson decisions were made we knew at least a few hours before the presser what had happened. I just think it would be neat for everybody to find out LIVE. I know he has to alert the local media to get them to the complex and such but he could still keep the cat in the bag couldn't he? Just tell them that a major decision will be announced or something?

Oh that? I guess I count a leak as something more serious, like info getting to the media that supposed to be secret. Never mind, but I see no harm in how he announced Grigson.

Oh that? I guess I count a leak as something more serious, like info getting to the media that supposed to be secret. Never mind, but I see no harm in how he announced Grigson.

No problem. I always see the news first on ESPN breaking news long before the presser. Just wondered why he doesn't keep it to himself and everybody find out at the same time. It would make the pressers much more exciting that way.

That's just not the way business is done anymore. Everything gets leaked. At least when we hear it from Irsay, we know it's true. As opposed to hearing erroneous information from everyone else on the Internet.

rob lowe just tweeted that clyde christensen has been named head coach :ninja:

Id be mad at Rob Lowe if I was Irsay. I be like "hey have the decency to let Peyton say so himself, when he's ready, if its even true. This is none of your business and has nothing to do with you. It makes me look bad, like im telling all my friends Peyton's personal business"