Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BProland's Mock Draft (Post Robinson signing)

Round 1 Pick 18: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
Round 2 Pick 27 (PITT): Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State
Round 3 Pick 19: Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
Round 4 Pick 18: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia
Round 4 Pick 25 (PITT): Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia
Round 5 Pick 16: Isaac Seumalo, OG, Oregon State
Round 7 Pick 18: Deiondre' Hall, CB, Northern Iowa

Trades - Indy trades 2nd to Pittsburgh for their 2nd, 4th round picks

22 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Round 1 Pick 18: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
Round 2 Pick 27 (PITT): Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State
Round 3 Pick 19: Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
Round 4 Pick 18: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia
Round 4 Pick 25 (PITT): Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia
Round 5 Pick 16: Isaac Seumalo, OG, Oregon State
Round 7 Pick 18: Deiondre' Hall, CB, Northern Iowa

Trades - Indy trades 2nd to Pittsburgh for their 2nd, 4th round picks

Don't need both a S and a CB in the high-mid rounds.  Better to pick OL there.  Geathers will start in place of Lowery and Pagano likes the rookies Smith and Mitchel at CB, and there is always Butler for the slot.  I'd take an OL in the 3rd and look for a S in the 4th to replace Adams next year. 

The rest is very good.

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Sexy draft. But I'd trade out Canady for a RB like Prosise or Williams. I feel Correa is a guy who'll come in and surprise some people. I think he can be a very good pass rusher who can contribute week 1.

YES! I have a feeling Williams is going to be awesome. I'm also a fan or Correa. Kid could be a really solid pass-rusher.

12 minutes ago, Shive said:

YES! I have a feeling Williams is going to be awesome. I'm also a fan or Correa. Kid could be a really solid pass-rusher.

There was an article from Correa's draft profile comparing him to..........Clay Mathews.

So, we have a desperate need to protect our Franchise QB, and you don't want to draft an O-Line guy until the 5th round--you have got to be joking.

Before you even consider drafting Billings at #18, consider how much of an improvement he would be on Parry, and then compare that to how much of an improvement someone like Conklin, Decker, or Martin would have on our O-Line.

First Round has to be O-Line

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Seumalo is a center first and foremost. He can play every position on the line but primarily center.

Yeah your right just saw him listed as a OG. Still not in favor of leaving probably our biggest need to the 5th round.

1 minute ago, Krauses said:

Yeah your right just saw him listed as a OG. Still not in favor of leaving probably our biggest need to the 5th round.

He may go as high as 3 or 4th round. Most centers go in the mid to late rounds. He is a pretty good player.

7 hours ago, crestmount said:

So, we have a desperate need to protect our Franchise QB, and you don't want to draft an O-Line guy until the 5th round--you have got to be joking.

Before you even consider drafting Billings at #18, consider how much of an improvement he would be on Parry, and then compare that to how much of an improvement someone like Conklin, Decker, or Martin would have on our O-Line.

In our 3-4 hybrid defense a dominant NT can actually change the entire way our defense functions. When the NT excels, which most seem to believe Billings will, it allows the linebackers more ability to roam free and make plays, the whole thing hinges on it in my opinion.  An offensive lineman, any of them, isn't going to change how effective our offense is. He isn't going to make Luck get rid of the ball quicker, or help him learn to slide, or throw slants and bubble screens, so while I do believe we have to get  solid help on the line, I just don't think it warrants our first or even second round pick if their is a defensive player rated higher available. Just my thoughts though.

28 minutes ago, James Ducheteau said:

In our 3-4 hybrid defense a dominant NT can actually change the entire way our defense functions. When the NT excels, which most seem to believe Billings will, it allows the linebackers more ability to roam free and make plays, the whole thing hinges on it in my opinion.  An offensive lineman, any of them, isn't going to change how effective our offense is. He isn't going to make Luck get rid of the ball quicker, or help him learn to slide, or throw slants and bubble screens, so while I do believe we have to get  solid help on the line, I just don't think it warrants our first or even second round pick if their is a defensive player rated higher available. Just my thoughts though.

While I agree that a good NT can really change a defense I disagree that an offensive lineman isn't going to change how effective our offense is. If we kept letting guys in on the right side of the line Luck is going to keep getting hit. How different was our offense without Luck? Protecting Luck and giving him time can completely change how the offense runs. But again if we have guys rated higher than others I'd rather take the better guy. But we have a glaring need at a few spots on the o line and if they are close I'd go with the olineman. But I really like Billings in the first. 

10 hours ago, crestmount said:

That line of thinking will lead you to failing the draft far more often than not.

1 hour ago, Ace Boogie said:

I'm going Ryan Kelley with the first pick. Protect 12 is #1 priority this off-season.

So you would take Kelley over a much higher rated player like Billings, A'Shawn Robinson, Reggie Ragland, or Jack Conklin? All of which have a good chance of being there when the Colts pick. I'm glad you're not Indy's GM. 

11 hours ago, DougDew said:

Don't need both a S and a CB in the high-mid rounds.  Better to pick OL there.  Geathers will start in place of Lowery and Pagano likes the rookies Smith and Mitchel at CB, and there is always Butler for the slot.  I'd take an OL in the 3rd and look for a S in the 4th to replace Adams next year. 

The rest is very good.

wait we have two 4th round picks?

Ran a simulated Draft this morning using composite big board, updated the 22nd.....  

Rd1 - Andrew Billings DT Baylor

Rd2 - Ryan Kelly - C Alabama

Rd3 - Nick Martin - C/G Notre Dame

Rd4 - Scooby Wright - OLB - Arizona

Rd5 - Daryl Worley - CB - West Virginia

Rd6 - 

Rd7 - Darrius Latham DL - Indiana

Definitely fell into place to fix the OL, get an impact NT, and a possible OLB steal....If only it shook out this way!

53 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Ran a simulated Draft this morning using composite big board, updated the 22nd.....  

Rd6 - 

Definitely fell into place to fix the OL, get an impact NT, and a possible OLB steal....If only it shook out this way!

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2016/3/9/11187720/former-indiana-dt-nfl-draft-prospect-darius-latham-arrested-on-dui

He was just arrested March 8th on DUI charges and was suspended from IU indefinitly...Not that he drops off my board because of that because he don't...And I do like him.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2015/09/29/iu-football-darius-latham-suspended-indefinitely/73056824/

Given his skill in my opinion he might have been better served transferring to a smaller school and tearing it up on the football field and maybe improving his draft stock a bit in next years draft and also showing he can stay out of trouble

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

So you would take Kelley over a much higher rated player like Billings, A'Shawn Robinson, Reggie Ragland, or Jack Conklin? All of which have a good chance of being there when the Colts pick. I'm glad you're not Indy's GM. 

I said that with the mindset that some of those players might not be there. You're right,  I'm not GM nor are you so relax

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Rd6 - 

I would not draft Ryan Kelly and Nick Martin. Both are considered centers for the NFL. And Scooby Wright would be a ILB for us. And we don't need a cb as much as other areas so I'd go with other postions in the 5th. So maybe Joshua Garnet, Landon Turner, or Christian Westerman in the 2nd to play OG and Martin to play C in the 3rd. If we wait til the 5th to grab a OLB I'd love Ngakoue but i think he risen enough on the boards to be gone. Maybe Victor Ochi or Alec McCalister. In this we'd fix the o line, get a great NT to boast our d line and in turn making it a strength of ours, get potentially a starting ILB and depth at OLB with potential to one day become a starter. This would be a good draft.