Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GOAT to retire

JRnINDY

12 minutes ago, bayone said:

study new site to see if can upload to gallery at this time, that is I assume we still have a gallery

we do

click the create button in the menu bar (next to the notification icon) and choose gallery image

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

we do

click the create button in the menu bar (next to the notification icon) and choose gallery image

1 day will have to study it, if I can upload some of my pictures, & or scans can I then insert into comment using other media  ????

10 minutes ago, Nadine said:

we do

Found my old gallery, none of the media I uploaded was in an album or image and none came up to insert as iothrer media from gallery,those i added as other media they were at one time on mycolts forum version & maybe direct colts home page, other than that I have no idea why those were all that were there inserted using other media

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

@bayone Yes, click the insert other media drop down that is just above the submit reply button when you have the create post box open

Thats how i inserted what i did but as I note above, none of my gallery images are there

Must go now- people here to fix leak

16 hours ago, bayone said:

Peyton tells agent Condom

I really like to play

EXCERPT  from  interview with agent Condom  & authors thoughts

"The closest he's got to disclosing any of his intentions was that he said he just wanted to take his time and make sure and he said 'I really like to play,'" Condon said.

it sounds like Manning is truly torn about what he wants to do. Someone who "really likes to play" probably isn't ready to call it quits for good. On the other hand Manning is likely very aware that his talents aren't what they used to be & retirement might be the best option.

The other wrench in Manning's plan could be he knows that the Broncos don't seem to want him back.

(( if u listen to Elway they are making FA spending plans as if they will have Peytons 19 million to use ))

That means that part of Manning's decision could be him asking himself, "If I come back, do I really want to play for another team?"

Condon said that Manning's doing the research on his retirement decision, just like the quarterback did after his career with the Colts ended in 2012.

"When he was leaving Indianapolis ... his research was fantastic in trying to decide where he was going to go," Condon said. "This is a little bit different. No question that he'll continue on with the research."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25499934/could-peyton-manning-return-qb-gives-interesting-hint-to-his-agent

BTW - I think he has to take his yearly physical by end of this week or next

Broncos can roll with Brock and lose haha at least that takes them out of the equation as far as who Indy has to deal with and just leaves the Pats and Steelers. If Andrew stays healthy that is the only 2 teams I fear. If Peyton plays 1 more year I would like to see it in LA. That would be fun stuff to cover and watch.

2 hours ago, bayone said:

cant argue about list, we all look at certain particulars & weigh accordingly, I will always fly the friendly skies of Unitas ( United ) best sign ever

I put Gramz , then didnt know if u knew Mrs Misunderstood was her so edited it, could of gone with 2 other names too, real 1 or another avatar

when  dont comment for awhile names change for me even though i read the forum

Yeah she changed her name but she is Gramz to me as that is how I knew her when I first joined here.

2 hours ago, bayone said:

Now i know this makes no sense, well actually it does from a salesperson point of view

I just got a call from my salesperson telling me my limited edition post SB win Manning inscribed football ball, ( a special one just 1 of 18 done with certain inscription )  will be delivered today , he was & did send  tracking #  to me via e-mail  etc

Then he says I will call u later as he is scheduled to come back in , in a month or 2 to do alot of limited stuff based on his records after he makes his  retirement announcement

Now this is a salesperson trying to sell me more specialty items , 1 is plenty to go with rest of my stuff  , Both Peytons, & my limited edition Unitas ball inscription etc

BUT cant believe Peyton actually told them hes retiring, I am sure he must be simply making assumption, & trying to wet my appetite and If & when Peyton Retires he will come back and do more items but nothing was set in stone by Peyton to them as he implied 

Great stuff!

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff!

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Got all looks great, great case and plague  to apply to base that says

PEYTON MANNING

ONLY QB With 2 Super Bowls WINS FOR  2 TEAMS

to put on base front of mahogany case with mirrored bottom & back

Only thing is the score Re  Car 10  the 0 could be better - well when u compare the 0 to his 2/7/16 u know its not a 6 as is quite different, yet his SB 50 is a perfect  0, the 0 on the Car 10 has a minor extension like he slipped a touch making it look somewhat  6 like but again no way is it as is so different from the 6 in the date that   has an extremely small 0 component with extension up the left side almost as long as his 1 to form the 6 & the 0 in 10 itself is the same size as the 0 in SB 50

I am just so particular to the extremes in analysis that's why was first in class

PS I have # 8 of 18 , verification hologram serial # matches with website authenticity and actually that  says the inscription and 8 of 18 limited edition etc

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Broncos can roll with Brock and lose haha at least that takes them out of the equation as far as who Indy has to deal with and just leaves the Pats and Steelers. If Andrew stays healthy that is the only 2 teams I fear. If Peyton plays 1 more year I would like to see it in LA. That would be fun stuff to cover and watch.

I dont know if I could watch, i mean I will, but he just may break & dont want to see it, that division of defense is a killer attacking the QB

To me , medically he has already beaten the odds, he should bank it now & enjoy the family, get them some Pizza and nationwide insurance, host many a SNL etc etc

8 hours ago, bababooey said:

Why is it childish to want PM to retire a Colt? He's the greatest player on the franchise and one of the greatest in the history of the game. Do people forget where he spent 75% of his career and that he delivered the first SB to Indianapolis? He's going to be in the ROH and get a statue so is it that childish to want him to come back like many of his teammates did? It's not like he left on bad terms.

Actually he did leave on bad terms he just didn't make it a public spectacle. 

Regardless I find 1 day retirement ceremonies in general rather lame no matter who it is. I mean if a player wants to do that fine I guess but I don't hold it against them if they find it as silly as I do and don't. Nobody else should either if that happens.

Its not as if that one day is going to erase history either. I mean if Manning doesn't do that are you going to forget that he was ever a Colt? No you won't. His last game won't be in Colts uniform why would I care if he or any former Colt retires as a Colt.

52 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Regardless I find 1 day retirement ceremonies in general rather lame no matter who it is. I mean if a player wants to do that fine I guess but I don't hold it against them if they find it as silly as I do and don't. Nobody else should either if that happens.

Its not as if that one day is going to erase history either. I mean if Manning doesn't do that are you going to forget that he was ever a Colt? No you won't. His last game won't be in Colts uniform why would I care if he or any former Colt retires as a Colt.

He had missed a season because of a broken neck, was owed a ton of money, the team was 2-14, and we had the number one pick at the highest rated QB prospect since....him. Everyone saw the writing on the wall including him and we don't know what was said behind closed doors. It was nothing compared to Favre.

You are entitled to your opinion. I personally loved to see Jeff and Dallas back at home. The only reason I care about him retiring as a Colt is because he is the greatest Colt in franchise history.

58 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Not sure why you think he left on bad terms? It was mutual between he and Irsay and was a decision that had to be made. Peyton and Irsay had a long meeting together before they announced we weren't bringing him back. Irsay did Peyton a favor because we were getting ready to rebuild and had an old team that peeked.

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

He had missed a season because of a broken neck, was owed a ton of money, the team was 2-14, and we had the number one pick at the highest rated QB prospect since....him. Everyone saw the writing on the wall including him and we don't know what was said behind closed doors. It was nothing compared to Favre.

You are entitled to your opinion. I personally loved to see Jeff and Dallas back at home. The only reason I care about him retiring as a Colt is because he is the greatest Colt in franchise history.

It wont bother me either way. I guarantee he will be back for the Ring of Honor ceremony and jersey retirement.

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Only because Manning handled it with a lot more maturity than Favre did. That being said I was never under the impression Manning was that upset over the departure as time went on because he got the better end of the deal here. Winning another SB. 

I do think it bothered him that Irsay talked about how disappointed he was that they only won 1 ring with Manning its one thing to lament about championships left on the table its another to say that he only wants players who want more than 1 ring (as if these guys didn't want another ring because they only won 1, did the Bills not want to win an SB didn't happen for them though doesn't mean they didn't want to win)

That probably bothers him more than the Colts letting him go.  I just think that its been so long and he's done so much since leaving the Colts its a distant memory. If he retires it will be with neither team.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure why you think he left on bad terms? It was mutual between he and Irsay and was a decision that had to be made. Peyton and Irsay had a long meeting together before they announced we weren't bringing him back. Irsay did Peyton a favor because we were getting ready to rebuild and had an old team that peeked.

Probably because of the comments after the fact by Irsay about "only 1 ring"  his continuing to rehash the Luck/Manning decision(which most fans understood and agreed with).

Then you pretty much have Manning not really care about the Colts all that much beyond the guys he played with.

Irsay asked Manning to retire a Colt and Manning never responded (well publically anyways) and after the SB win I don't recall Irsay congratulating him for it(unless I missed it) that doesn't sound very cordial to me. 

5 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Probably because of the comments after the fact by Irsay about "only 1 ring"  his continuing to rehash the Luck/Manning decision(which most fans understood and agreed with).

Then you pretty much have Manning not really care about the Colts all that much beyond the guys he played with.

Irsay asked Manning to retire a Colt and Manning never responded (well publically anyways) and after the SB win I don't recall Irsay congratulating him for it(unless I missed it) that doesn't sound very cordial to me. 

I don't follow Irsay's twitter so I have no idea if he congratulated him on winning the SB. For all we know he may have called him, nobody would know that. Doesn't really matter does it? He still will be in the Ring of Honor, jersey retired, and a statue built. Irsay did pay Peyton 25 million dollars in 2011 and Peyton didn't even play a game.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't follow Irsay's twitter so I have no idea if he congratulated him on winning the SB. For all we know he may have called him, nobody would know that. Doesn't really matter does it? He still will be in the Ring of Honor, jersey retired, and a statue built. Irsay did pay Peyton 25 million dollars in 2011 and Peyton didn't even play a game.

It shouldn't matter but you shouldn't publically talk about how you want someone to retire a Colt and then stay silent when they actually win the SB. Its best to say nothing in general.

1 hour ago, CF4L said:

Why do you keep rehashing up stuff that is old news at this point. You have an opinion that you keep trying to make facts out of. If this is all you can add to the thread I will just go ahead and put you on ignore because it has become a waist of time even bothering reading your comments.

1 hour ago, CF4L said:

It shouldn't matter but you shouldn't publically talk about how you want someone to retire a Colt and then stay silent when they actually win the SB. Its best to say nothing in general.

He was publically rooting for Manning and the Broncos to win the Superbowl 

On 2/28/2016 at 9:45 PM, James said:

Really? I thought Brady had some years left.

If rings indicate G.O.A.T., people forget that Bart Starr had 5. Championships are a TEAM accomplishment.

When it comes to the Brady/Manning conversations, I'll always wonder 2 things:

1. How many rings would Peyton have, if Belicheck had been his coach his whole career.

2. How many rings would Brady have had, if he had the same coaches and defenses/special teams Peyton was "blessed" with.

On 2/28/2016 at 9:11 PM, indyagent17 said:

Pretty demeaning acronym for what it actually means 

Goats are cute!  My 12 year old daughter is obsessed with them!  She actually wants a miniature goat as a pet.  I said no way.  And, they eat cans and trash.  So, there is that.....

14 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

Goats are cute!  My 12 year old daughter is obsessed with them!  She actually wants a miniature goat as a pet.  I said no way.  And, they eat cans and trash.  So, there is that.....

My luck it would eat my wallet....:sip:

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

If rings indicate G.O.A.T., people forget that Bart Starr had 5. Championships are a TEAM accomplishment.

When it comes to the Brady/Manning conversations, I'll always wonder 2 things:

1. How many rings would Peyton have, if Belicheck had been his coach his whole career.

2. How many rings would Brady have had, if he had the same coaches and defenses/special teams Peyton was "blessed" with.

It's not only about Rings, it's a part of it but to me League MVP's is very important as well. Winning that award pretty much says you are the best player in the league/or most important player to your team and Peyton has won that 5 times, Brady only twice, Montana only twice.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not only about Rings, it's a part of it but to me League MVP's is very important as well. Winning that award pretty much says you are the best player in the league/or most important player to your team and Peyton has won that 5 times, Brady only twice, Montana only twice.

I may add the MVP is voted on by 32 reps from the NFLPA. So it is balanced across the board. So it is not a popularity vote. I also must add the Colts lead the league in MVPs with 9 while the Packers are 2nd with 8.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I may add the MVP is voted on by 32 reps from the NFLPA. So it is balanced across the board. So it is not a popularity vote. I also must add the Colts lead the league in MVPs with 9 while the Packers are 2nd with 8.

I didn't know that, great stuff! Yeah winning 1 MVP is really tough and he has won 5. That is unreal when you think about it. I can see Andrew eventually winning 1 or 2 but cant see 5.

21 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He was publically rooting for Manning and the Broncos to win the Superbowl 

Did he say anything after the SB win though? 

That being said I try not to take public support at face value after all I can't picture Irsay of all people wanting Elway to succeed.

2 hours ago, CF4L said:

Did he say anything after the SB win though? 

That being said I try not to take public support at face value after all I can't picture Irsay of all people wanting Elway to succeed.

That might be understandable but IMO Jim don't have the mindset of Robert. Never has so far.