Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts reaching out to Joe Philbin

Devildog

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Indy's options keep dwindling down the more they drag their feet for a new OL coach. I guess they like getting Luck killed. 

Calling 2 people and having them turn down the job is the opposite of dragging their feet. Forced narrative is forced.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Indy's options keep dwindling down the more they drag their feet for a new OL coach. I guess they like getting Luck killed. 

No one is dragging their feet. This season is not completely over. Colts could have someone in mind that is still in the playoffs. Relax.

14 hours ago, Gavin said:

Do you have any idea how irrational this post is? Seriously your smarter then this

His O-line performance was what I was reacting to from the post that addressed it.  Did he ignore that totally in Miami or in his last O-lineman position? 

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Does the difference between coaching college players and NFL players really need explaining to you?

Yeah,  cuz Greg Roman really had issues.  This is a position coach,  not a coordinator or head coach. Point is a lot of college coaches are better than Philbin. 

39 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

His O-line performance was what I was reacting to from the post that addressed it.  Did he ignore that totally in Miami or in his last O-lineman position? 

The O Line was certainly a mess but my post was in reaction to the "why hire a loser" bad hires. In which case many current and future hall of fame HC's have had losing seasons with old teams before they found success at new teams

6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

No one is dragging their feet.     And I don't know why you'd even think that.

We're rebuilding what looks like nearly an entire coaching staff.     And so are lots of other teams.

We're conducting interviews....   multiple interviews for each position that is open.     It all takes time.

Just a little patience.       As best I can tell,  the season does NOT START next week!

16 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not only that he failed as a Head Coach of a team that every Head Coach has failed at since Don Shula or maybe Jimmy Johnson except for a year here 

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Philbin has been very well thought of as an assistant coach/coordinator.

He only failed at being a Head Coach.

That's not any different than lots of coaches who are very good assistants/coordinators and not very good HC's.

That's a common story.....

He was setup to fail. He never wanted Tannehill, he wanted Carr, and he was overrode on that . It came down to him vs. Tannehill. They chose the QB. He was 2-2 I think when he was fired. 

4 hours ago, Gavin said:

The O Line was certainly a mess but my post was in reaction to the "why hire a loser" bad hires. In which case many current and future hall of fame HC's have had losing seasons with old teams before they found success at new teams

If he coaches poor O-lines, then he's a loser at coaching O-lines, why hire him to do that? 

Thankfully, it appears he is headed to be OC in NY who, in my opinion, have made some disastrous coaching decisions.  Look at McAdoo's history... now he's head coach of the Giants?  Bizarre... 

13 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

If he coaches poor O-lines, then he's a loser at coaching O-lines, why hire him to do that? 

Thankfully, it appears he is headed to be OC in NY who, in my opinion, have made some disastrous coaching decisions.  Look at McAdoo's history... now he's head coach of the Giants?  Bizarre... 

He doesn't coach poor offensive lines.       That's the point.

14 hours ago, Derek George said:

How will our current players (more importantly Costanzo and Mewhort) do in a ZBS?

I believe most of our current players will transition to a ZBS rather easily with the right coaching. The two I see having the most issues is going to be Thornton and Harrison. Harrison has limited mobility (something he was pegged with in college) which could hurt him switching to a ZBS, and Thornton is a mauler made for a PBS. I think Thornton has the athleticism to play in a ZBS, but he will have to change some of the ways he plays the game in order to transition.