Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is McCarthy next coach to be fired?

amfootball

I believe if the Packer lose to the Redskins, McCarthy may get fired. Just a feeling like how Fox was fired last year after Denver lost in the divisional. Expectations there are high because of Rodgers and losing the division and going one and done may give him the hook. Thoughts?

Green Bay no doubt is going to lose to the Skins. Washington might be an average team, but their offense is explosive when they get hot, and they can go off on big plays.

Green Bay's weakness going on 4 years straight now has been the big play. I look for Washington to have a good game with a lot of big plays.

I do not see McCarthy getting the axe when they lose this game. I think it will Dom Capers instead, who should have been fired 6 years ago when they gave up 50 points in the playoffs to the Cardinals in the wildcard round. 

Green Bay is a mediocre team that has finally been exposed for what they truly are. I couldn't be happier this season, since I don't believe many will pick them to make the Super Bowl again. 

Just now, Bogie said:

Green Bay no doubt is going to lose to the Skins. Washington might be an average team, but their offense is explosive when they get hot, and they can go off on big plays.

Green Bay's weakness going on 4 years straight now has been the big play. I look for Washington to have a good game with a lot of big plays.

I do not see McCarthy getting the axe when they lose this game. I think it will Dom Capers instead, who should have been fired 6 years ago when they gave up 50 points in the playoffs to the Cardinals in the wildcard round. 

Green Bay is a mediocre team that has finally been exposed for what they truly are. I couldn't be happier this season, since I don't believe many will pick them to make the Super Bowl again. 

What has happened to Rodgers? Do you think he is injured?

5 minutes ago, Bogie said:

You seem to have a really strong hate against the Packers for some reason....

I don't think McCarthy will get fired if they lose their game.  I do think, as Bogie said, that Dom Capers should be let go.

8 minutes ago, amfootball said:

What has happened to Rodgers? Do you think he is injured?

Um. he gets hit on every play because of that O line, also lost his best WR in the preseason and his RB regressed to what fat puffy Alabama backs are expected to in the NFL.

I also feel Kirk Cousins will win this game for the Redskins. Packers and Rodgers have everything to lose in this game, very little to gain. 

Marvin Harrison goes down for several games in 2007, Peyton still produced. Randy Moss is not there in 2010, and Gronk is drafted, no problem, Brady wins MVP.

I do not see an ability of Rodgers to adapt to losing his #1 wide out from the previous season, Jordy Nelson, IMO. When the Vikings went up 20-3 on SNF, I knew Rodgers would not make the comeback because he is a front runner and unlike Peyton, Brady, Brees, he does not have the ability to bring his team back enough times. Those 3 mentioned lead Rodgers by a mile in comeback wins, it is not even funny.

No way McCarthy gets fired. The Packers seems to be comfortable in their comfort zone. I do think Capers will get fired but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, especially if they beat the Redskins (which is possible...it's the playoffs...they could come out and look like a totally different team having never been here before).

24 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Um. he gets hit on every play because of that O line, also lost his best WR in the preseason and his RB regressed to what fat puffy Alabama backs are expected to in the NFL.

Yes. It has been a rough season for that offense. Still though he has looked off too. Would not be surprised to hear he has some injuries when the season ends.

8 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Yes. It has been a rough season for that offense. Still though he has looked off too. Would not be surprised to hear he has some injuries when the season ends.

So to answer your original question that is what happened to him since he is hit every play.

I've always liked Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers, but I have a feeling that this isn't their year. The Packers haven't played well the past few weeks, and I'd be surprised if they suddenly come to life.

Washington has been on a roll, and they're committed to Cousins;it's going to take a lot for the Packers to beat them.

Could be wrong, but I don't think McCarthy would be fired. We'll find out eventually.

There's some friction between every head coach and every quarterback.

Neither of them has ever said publically what you sense.

Understand that ESPN Wisconsin is almost 75% Packers...

There's talk about coordinators but McCarthy is a hero in Green Bay. Title winner. He stays

They know why this team has struggled...WRs and O-line.

There's some friction between every head coach and every quarterback.

Neither of them has ever said publically what you sense.

Understand that ESPN Wisconsin is almost 75% Packers...

There's talk about coordinators but McCarthy is a hero in Green Bay. Title winner. He stays

They know why this team has struggled...WRs and O-line.

6 hours ago, amfootball said:

I think the GM needs to be looked at it first before the coaches.

I don't think anything is going to happen to Ted Thompson. People really like Thompson, and in most circles he is regarded as one of the better GMs in the NFL.

6 hours ago, amfootball said:

I don't think anything is going to happen to Ted Thompson. People really like Thompson, and in most circles he is regarded as one of the better GMs in the NFL.

8 hours ago, amfootball said:

I believe if the Packer lose to the Redskins, McCarthy may get fired. Just a feeling like how Fox was fired last year after Denver lost in the divisional. Expectations there are high because of Rodgers and losing the division and going one and done may give him the hook. Thoughts?

These days I think anything is possible.

But is it LIKELY?      No.      They'll give him a chance to fix it either through coaching changes,  or off-season personnel moves.

But firing?     Feels very much like a long-shot to me.

He'd be unemployed about a week.

8 hours ago, amfootball said:

These days I think anything is possible.

But is it LIKELY?      No.      They'll give him a chance to fix it either through coaching changes,  or off-season personnel moves.

But firing?     Feels very much like a long-shot to me.

He'd be unemployed about a week.

7 hours ago, amfootball said:

About the only person in Green Bay more respected than Mike McCarthy is......

General Manager Ted Thompson.

You must be horribly bored to spend so much time on a team that isn't New England or Indianapolis......

Terrible thread.

7 hours ago, amfootball said:

You must be horribly bored to spend so much time on a team that isn't New England or Indianapolis......

Terrible thread.

Is Foreigner singing in here?

The Packers need some of that friction stuff. Look around at the friendliest niciest QB/HC combos. Some of them are good, but that's about it (Saints, Cowboys). The Packers are no exception. Like I said, they're happy in their comfort zone. 

There's a reason the Pats win every time Brady blows up, Packers when that other quarterback used to ignore the coach, etc. The media wishes it was as negative as they make it out to be.

Is Foreigner singing in here?

The Packers need some of that friction stuff. Look around at the friendliest niciest QB/HC combos. Some of them are good, but that's about it (Saints, Cowboys). The Packers are no exception. Like I said, they're happy in their comfort zone. 

There's a reason the Pats win every time Brady blows up, Packers when that other quarterback used to ignore the coach, etc. The media wishes it was as negative as they make it out to be.

BC, I don't think there are any friendly, nice QB/HC combos

..there's always friction and is agreement on how bold the offense should be.

..These guys may respect each other and like each other off the field but on the field...QBs don't

want to run plays they don't agree with....and coaches are probably more cautious

BC, I don't think there are any friendly, nice QB/HC combos

..there's always friction and is agreement on how bold the offense should be.

..These guys may respect each other and like each other off the field but on the field...QBs don't

want to run plays they don't agree with....and coaches are probably more cautious

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Terrible thread.

The thread topic and intention is fine. And it's a good change from the usual Patriots or Broncos stuff.

But, like a few have already said.......Capers will probably get the blame.