Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Makes A Fan?

horseshoepower

Ear wigs have always freaked me out because Star Trek 2

But...but they're so intricately made, all those tiny hairs placed just right and a wig cap that can cling to the inside of the ear without hurting the ear drum? Oh man those ear wigs are a work of art. Of course you do end up looking a little like Arthur Scargill on a bad day, but hey, that's the price you pay for wearing an ear wig...

p.s. if anyone gets the Scargill reference, I'll...I'll...do...something!

I prefer Shah Rukh Khan any day, any way....

But that is beside the point. ;)

I wouldn't make it as a fan under his definition since I am displaced and not even in Indy. :dunno:

What a way to diss a large part of your fanbase...a friend of mine locally is (was???) a Jags fan because he was originally from Jax. lmao Maybe I can finally convert him. :heh: *tease*

That's actually not bad. Do the Colts torture their fans with that seat license nonsense?

No, not even with a 10.000 plus waiting list for season tickets. However there is a one time transfer fee of $1000 per seat paid to the owner of the seats in my price range to transfer ownership of the seat, Different price ranges command different transfer fees. Everyone on tthe waiting list has also paid a non-refundable deposit to be on the waiting list that is credited to the first year's season ticket bill.

Acturally, there are windows on both ends. We sit in the end opposite the sliding window and have a view of Bank One Bldg in downtown Indy.

Im sure you see my guys "Sit Down" and "shut up" (jerseys they wear) in the front row of your section. Big raspy voice? Ringing a bell?

We were sec153 rw 29. On the sliding window side. Smack in the middle of the FG posts.

No, not even with a 10.000 plus waiting list for season tickets. However there is a one time transfer fee of $1000 per seat paid to the owner of the seats in my price range to transfer ownership of the seat, Different price ranges command different transfer fees. Everyone on tthe waiting list has also paid a non-refundable deposit to be on the waiting list that is credited to the first year's season ticket bill.

Wow. But there is no upfront fee, and the $1,000 gets paid to the guy selling the seats? That's remarkable.

How do they mandate the fee and control the sale process? Frankly I didn't know that you could sell the future right to buy tickets in the first place.

I have one of those big foam fingers.....does that qualify for being a fan? (Please don't tell me where to stick it...)

I tried to follow the gist of this thread, but I got side tracked and am now watching my Star Trek DVD collection, I'll check back in a couple days.

Seems apropriate. I feel like we are all going "where no man has gone before".

That's the second thread I've been in today that had a Star Trek conversation break out in the middle of it.

As other people have posted, "being a fan" is what one makes it. As of right now, I have never even been to a pro football game. SO as far as Khan is concerned, I must be the farthest thing from a "fan" as one can get. WHatever you say Shahid-- enjoy your season tix of us stomping you into the bottom of the division for the next 12 years.

As other people have posted, "being a fan" is what one makes it. As of right now, I have never even been to a pro football game. SO as far as Khan is concerned, I must be the farthest thing from a "fan" as one can get. WHatever you say Shahid-- enjoy your season tix of us stomping you into the bottom of the division for the next 12 years.

You're not alone - I've never been to one either. Will definitely go to the Wembley game next year though, and will certainly be in the States in 3-4 years.

Wow. But there is no upfront fee, and the $1,000 gets paid to the guy selling the seats? That's remarkable.

How do they mandate the fee and control the sale process? Frankly I didn't know that you could sell the future right to buy tickets in the first place.

This happens only if you give the seats up entirely to another party.

The transfer fee is merely a "suggested fee", and the Colts will handle the transaction for you since they have to transfer the title to the seats anyway.

Well,I've watched pretty much every game I could since they moved here.I used to live in Cincy and followed the Bengals till they blew 2 SBs and we moved up here in 80,shortly after came the Colts.

I've only been fortunate enough to attend 3 games in person,2 in Dome 1 Luke.Nice thing about not having the opportunity to attend on a regular basis is you really appreciate it,lol.

Been 28 years now,wow,doesn't seem that long.Been good and bad,but it's been fun."Lord help our Colts" :foam:

fan/fan/

Noun:

• An apparatus with rotating blades that creates a current of air for cooling or ventilation.
  • A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular sport, art or entertainment form, or famous person.

The amount of time you have rooted for a team or it's players, or the number of games you've attended has no bearing on "fandom". If you FULLY SUPPORT the Colts for two weeks and then jump to the Browns, you are no less a Colts fan for those two weeks than anyone else. If, however, you pull for a team to lose, or speak as if you know what's best for the players (in the "long-term"), you are seeking out your own preferences, your own desires, and not those of the team.

Edited by Maureen
inflammatory

I find it so amusing that others care so much about attempting to define the term "fan." If you enjoy football and specific teams, awesome! A fan is a fan is a fan.

It doesn't matter whether you've watched them for 20 years or 2 weeks. It doesn't matter if you root for one team this week, and another the next.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2012 - taking the bait
Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2012 - taking the bait

fan/fan/

Noun:

• An apparatus with rotating blades that creates a current of air for cooling or ventilation.
  • A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular sport, art or entertainment form, or famous person.

The amount of time you have rooted for a team or it's players, or the number of games you've attended has no bearing on "fandom". If you FULLY SUPPORT the Colts for two weeks and then jump to the Browns, you are no less a Colts fan for those two weeks than anyone else. If, however, you pull for a team to lose, or speak as if you know what's best for the players (in the "long-term"), you are seeking out your own preferences, your own desires, and not those of the team. Therefore, by definition, you would not be a fan, as you have a strong interest and/or admiration for yourself, not the team.

There is no argument against that.

The lord has spoken...

Spoken of his own opinions, preferences, desires etc despite the fact it directly contradicts the dictionary definition he posted but still. Glory to DQ.

If, however, you pull for a team to lose, or speak as if you know what's best for the players (in the "long-term"), you are seeking out your own preferences, your own desires, and not those of the team.

Strongly disagree. Having an opinion does not disqualify you as a fan. Certainly wanting the #1 pick for your team does not disqualify you.

I disagreed with those who thought we should lose intentionally but I never questioned that they were fans. They are certainly passionate fans.

Let's please not let this thread degenerate into an argument about this

My mother qualifies as a fan of football and certain teams. She'll watch them often....BUT....she can't tell you half the teams in the league, most of the rules and is by all accounts, quite ignorant of the sports subtleties. Still a fan, she likes her football but honestly doesn't know squat about it, she just knows she likes it.

The only conceivable qualifier for someone to be fairly labeled as 'not a real fan' would be if they honestly didn't like football but pretended to in order to fit in with the group they happen to be around.