Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offseason priorities

DalTXColtsFan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/28/2015 at 2:38 PM, Superman said:

If you get the right four players, the rest of the holes can be addressed.

Assume all our guys are healthy, and we get a few replacement level players or better between the draft and free agency. Give me Bruce Irvin (Edge), Malik Jackson (DT), Joe Barksdale (RT) and Stefan Wisniewski (C). Four difference makers at critical positions changes this team drastically.

The only issue with this is there are likely 10 other teams interested in these same guys for the same reasons.  I think we've learned in FA that you may get one or two guys you covet without over-spending to get them.  Very rarely does a team hit on 4 top tier FA's, the market is just too competitive.  I do like your list BTW!  If I had to pick two I would go Irvin and Wisniewski.  A priority to Wiz since OL is job one and it depletes a division rival.

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You've suffered through one bad year.    Poor pitiful you,  my how you've suffered!

Hey,  it's sports.   There are no guarantees.     If you want something that's a lock,  then try something else.   You won't find it in sports.

The people responsible for this year are likely going to lose their job.   Pagano and the staff will go.    Grigson might and if I had my way,  he would be fired.     We'll find out next week.

All I'm saying is that while we're not very good,  we're not that terrible.   Not a bad enough team to blow-up.   You're frustrated with a bad season, so in your mind the best thing to do is "blow it up!"    As I've been saying, a classic fans over-reaction.     

This team could be back as AFC South champs next year.    I'd be surprised and disappointed if we're not.   

There should be better days ahead........

Not sure what I have to apologize for.....?

Weak...you should be a Jags or Browns fan. They expect to be losers and any glimmer of hope is a big deal. You'd get slaughtered with that wishy washy attitude in Philly. Imagine what kind of spectacle there would be if the Pats or Steelers had a season like this.....and what are we up to now, 8QB's due to our cruddy coaching and GM? But it's all rainbows, unicorns and flowers isn't it?

The Colts as an organization failed miserably....we broke Peyton to the point where we released him and Andrew is more damaged then he should be at this point in his career.

Just keep cheering for Rome while we watch it burn.

13 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

Weak...you should be a Jags or Browns fan. They expect to be losers and any glimmer of hope is a big deal. You'd get slaughtered with that wishy washy attitude in Philly. Imagine what kind of spectacle there would be if the Pats or Steelers had a season like this.....and what are we up to now, 8QB's due to our cruddy coaching and GM? But it's all rainbows, unicorns and flowers isn't it?

The Colts as an organization failed miserably....we broke Peyton to the point where we released him and Andrew is more damaged then he should be at this point in his career.

Broke Manning?  He didnt miss a game for 30 yrs

19 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Broke Manning?  He didnt miss a game for 30 yrs

More like 13 but he was injured for most of the last year.....but you were being flippant weren't you?

And for most of that time we had a pretty good o-line protecting him. Who's protecting Luck now? Where's his Saturday? How many different o-line rotations have we had over the last two years?

4 hours ago, BOTT said:

Hire good coaches

solidify offensive line once and for all

as was said above, get younger and more athletic on defense

and most important, adopt the blue helmet

Are there any potential coaches that you think merit having a significant say in personnel?

3 hours ago, scooter4910 said:

Hey,   there's the door.    Please feel free to use it.

You're the worst kind of fan.   Spoiled rotten.    It's never going to be enough for you.

We could win the Super Bowl next year and you'd be the one complaining it wasn't sooner.

And when we didn't win the following year you'd be back complaining.

You try to cover yourself with glory by saying you don't settle for 2nd best.   It's Super Bowl or failure and heads should roll.    And the team should be blown up.

You're a fan,  nothing more.    You don't know much about football, and even less about people and life.

When I complain about the terrible fans here,  you're who I have in mind.     This team,  even this 7-8 team deserves much, MUCH better tans than the likes of you.

If you leave,  not a single person here would miss you.

Bye-bye....   and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Please,  do us both a favor,  put me on ignore so I never have to deal with your incredibly stupidity again!

That would be win-win for the both of us.

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hey,   there's the door.    Please feel free to use it.

You're the worst kind of fan.   Spoiled rotten.    It's never going to be enough for you.

We could win the Super Bowl next year and you'd be the one complaining it wasn't sooner.

And when we didn't win the following year you'd be back complaining.

You try to cover yourself with glory by saying you don't settle for 2nd best.   It's Super Bowl or failure and heads should roll.    And the team should be blown up.

You're a fan,  nothing more.    You don't know much about football, and even less about people and life.

When I complain about the terrible fans here,  you're who I have in mind.     This team,  even this 7-8 team deserves much, MUCH better tans than the likes of you.

If you leave,  not a single person here would miss you.

Bye-bye....   and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Please,  do us both a favor,  put me on ignore so I never have to deal with your incredibly stupidity again!

That would be win-win for the both of us.

Get over yourself...you've provide no value added information to the conversation. At least I was pointing out severely lacking areas and how we compare to the rest of the league. It doesn't appear you know much if anything about football other than to say how everyone else is wrong....just because you hang around a blog for years on end doesn't make you an expert.

I think maybe you need to take a hike and let "real" fans discuss how best to improve the team.

32 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

Get over yourself...you've provide no value added information to the conversation. At least I was pointing out severely lacking areas and how we compare to the rest of the league. It doesn't appear you know much if anything about football other than to say how everyone else is wrong....just because you hang around a blog for years on end doesn't make you an expert.

I think maybe you need to take a hike and let "real" fans discuss how best to improve the team.

As Superman pointed out, and you continue to ignore,  you don't figure out your moves simply by looking at the stat sheets.     Or by the standings.      THAT'S what a simple minded fan does.    "Blow it up!"

And certainly NOT when you're starting QB has missed more than half the season!     Hello?!?!

ESPN features a segment on Monday's called.....   "Over-reaction Monday!"     That's because Mondays are when fans like you scream and yell and + and moan.    In short:  Over-react.     This player should be benched.     That player should start.     This coach should be fired.       Sound familiar to you?

Yeah....   I thought so.

You're so young and have so much to learn.    If you're lucky, 10 years from now the things I'm writing (and have written) will begin to make sense to you.    

There's an old saying about kids....   as they grow up they begin to realize that their parents weren't as dumb as they thought they were.    The older they got, the smarter their parents became.

It's the same here....   the older you get,  the smarter some of the posters here you're always disagreeing with will be.       At least,  it'll be that way if you're lucky..........

It's up to you.

18 hours ago, Superman said:

Are there any potential coaches that you think merit having a significant say in personnel?

Not really.  

if someone like Saban, just to use an example, wanted and experienced GM of his choosing that's well thought of, I could live with a situation like that.  But I tend to shy away from giving any coach too much say in personnel decisions.  They are stretched thin enough as it is.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

As Superman pointed out, and you continue to ignore,  you don't figure out your moves simply by looking at the stat sheets.     Or by the standings.      THAT'S what a simple minded fan does.    "Blow it up!"

And certainly NOT when you're starting QB has missed more than half the season!     Hello?!?!

ESPN features a segment on Monday's called.....   "Over-reaction Monday!"     That's because Mondays are when fans like you scream and yell and + and moan.    In short:  Over-react.     This player should be benched.     That player should start.     This coach should be fired.       Sound familiar to you?

Yeah....   I thought so.

You're so young and have so much to learn.    If you're lucky, 10 years from now the things I'm writing (and have written) will begin to make sense to you.    

There's an old saying about kids....   as they grow up they begin to realize that their parents weren't as dumb as they thought they were.    The older they got, the smarter their parents became.

It's the same here....   the older you get,  the smarter some of the posters here you're always disagreeing with will be.       At least,  it'll be that way if you're lucky..........

It's up to you.

#1 I didn't say get rid of everyone...most logical adults would actually read what was said before spouting gibberish.

#2 You are in no position to tell me how to be a fan or what my opinion should be...don't see you striking out against someone like Dustin who also wants to clean house....I call that being a hypocrite or coward.

#3 Unless you're in your 60's you're the kid in this equation so get over yourself.

#4 I have better things to do with my life then make over 13,000 posts on a sport blog....so if I want to float in here and voice my *, moans, groans about how I perceive things to be going....that's my choice. You have no say in the matter and your opinion is irrelevant.

#5 Just because your a "Senior" member doesn't mean you have senior authority or some kind of superior knowledge. If you're so great and know so much about all things football why aren't you our HC or GM...........thought so.

I'm not sure what "blowing up the team" is.  

I assume it is a major shake up.   Coaches, GM and some players.  

If that is the definition, I'm in favor of it.  

Possible "blow up" scenario:

Grigson and Pagano gone.

O-line revamped.

Some old players let go.

Draft a "need".

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not sure what "blowing up the team" is.  

I assume it is a major shake up.   Coaches, GM and some players.  

If that is the definition, I'm in favor of it.  

Possible "blow up" scenario:

Grigson and Pagano gone.

O-line revamped.

Some old players let go.

Draft a "need".

It doesn't appear they are taking a holistic approach to building the team. Why sign Gore when you have a poor o-line that can't consistently open up holes for him. Why sign a franchise QB when the pieces aren't in place to protect him or help him succeed. Why sign WR's when all the other teams know that's the only real viable weapon we have and they are consistently covered or double teamed.

It appears that for the last few years we were simply filling voids and not team building. Our offense now isn't skilled/versatile enough to cover the blemishes of our defense (ie 40+ points a game) and our defense isn't powerful enough to hold our opponents to low points.....

1 hour ago, scooter4910 said:

#1 I didn't say get rid of everyone...most logical adults would actually read what was said before spouting gibberish.

#2 You are in no position to tell me how to be a fan or what my opinion should be...don't see you striking out against someone like Dustin who also wants to clean house....I call that being a hypocrite or coward.

#3 Unless you're in your 60's you're the kid in this equation so get over yourself.

#4 I have better things to do with my life then make over 13,000 posts on a sport blog....so if I want to float in here and voice my *, moans, groans about how I perceive things to be going....that's my choice. You have no say in the matter and your opinion is irrelevant.

#5 Just because your a "Senior" member doesn't mean you have senior authority or some kind of superior knowledge. If you're so great and know so much about all things football why aren't you our HC or GM...........thought so.

Nice back-peddle.

You're the one who said....  and I quote:   "Blow it up!"

I don't think you need me to go through this whole thread to point out all the silly fan-boy things you've said.

As for Dustin.    I don't read every post,  haven't noticed what he has specifically said.    But, even if I had, it's not my job to play thought-police for every poster who I disagree with.

Dustin is a very smart, very sharp poster.   He and I disagree over plenty.   But he and pick and choose just how much we want to knock heads.     It's not necessary on every thread, or every disagreement.

As for everything else....  well,  thanks for proving my point.    You're young and have a lot to learn.

As for me,  in a month, I'll be 59.    I might even be older than your parents.   And I've been following football for roughly 50 years.    Followed it professionally for 30 years as a member of the media.

But you're not interested in learning.     You're just interested in spouting your opinions no matter how wrong or foolish they are.      Hey,  it's an open blog, you're  entitled to say whatever you want.    But it's clear you have no interest in learning.       That's why I said put me on "ignore"      You'll do both of us a favor.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice back-peddle.

You're the one who said....  and I quote:   "Blow it up!"

I don't think you need me to go through this whole thread to point out all the silly fan-boy things you've said.

As for Dustin.    I don't read every post,  haven't noticed what he has specifically said.    But, even if I had, it's not my job to play thought-police for every poster who I disagree with.

Dustin is a very smart, very sharp poster.   He and I disagree over plenty.   But he and pick and choose just how much we want to knock heads.     It's not necessary on every thread, or every disagreement.

As for everything else....  well,  thanks for proving my point.    You're young and have a lot to learn.

As for me,  in a month, I'll be 59.    I might even be older than your parents.   And I've been following football for roughly 50 years.    Followed it professionally for 30 years as a member of the media.

But you're not interested in learning.     You're just interested in spouting your opinions no matter how wrong or foolish they are.      Hey,  it's an open blog, you're  entitled to say whatever you want.    But it's clear you have no interest in learning.       That's why I said put me on "ignore"      You'll do both of us a favor.

Obviously you don't read every post....that's why you come off half cocked.

...and the reason you don't mess with Dustin or any of the other senior members is you know you'll have your ___ handed to you. That's why you troll the newer members....makes you feel big & important.

BTW like I said earlier...unless you're in your 60's you're a youngster.

4 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

Obviously you don't read every post....that's why you come off half cocked.

...and the reason you don't mess with Dustin or any of the other senior members is you know you'll have your ___ handed to you. That's why you troll the newer members....makes you feel big & important.

BTW like I said earlier...unless you're in your 60's you're a youngster.

Wow.

You're more clueless than I thought.

Since I've been here,  no one has handed me my head.     No one.

But you're young and dumb enough to think otherwise.....     so go right ahead.

Have a nice life....................