Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade a late round conditional pick for Manziel ?

13 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I just can't trust Gordon.  You can talk about CCarter and others that have learned and excelled, but I just don't think THIS kid "gets it".  I don't think we require taking a chance - especially since we have Duron on the practice squad.  Not worth the potential media show.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the kid gets it together.  That's crazy talent to be wasting.

He knows it's his last chance with Luck he will dominate. .I'd try to trade  andre johnson for him.

12 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He knows it's his last chance with Luck he will dominate. .I'd try to trade  andre johnson for him.

wow, you're full of trade ideas.  By the way, you're kind of making me believe in the multi-verse theory, because I can't imagine these trade ideas being cooked up based on reality as we know it.  I can only assume you traveled here from some alternate dimension.  

On 12/23/2015 at 10:27 PM, Jcolt72 said:

I'm 51 and the world is indeed going down the drain. No way for Johnny M.

On 12/23/2015 at 10:05 PM, Larry Horseman said:

Am I just old at 33 or has the world gone to complete crap? 

Eh, apparently the worlds been on the downward spiral since I was a kid, and I'm 60.

I'm not sure if we'll continue to see/hear things we've never seen/heard before, or if it just gets harder than heck to remember it all.

14 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

We need a reliable back up next year Hasselbeck is done...

Why would you think Johnny Manziel could be a reliable back-up?

He hasn't shown that he can be a reliable anything in his first two years in the NFL.      The kid wants to play,  he doesn't want to sit on the bench behind Luck.     He doesn't want to stand on the sidelines during practice while Luck takes nearly every snap.

Being a back-up is BAD for Manziels career.      He'd ask not to be traded to Indy because it's not in his best interest.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He hasn't shown that he can be a reliable anything in his first two years in the NFL.      The kid wants to play,  he doesn't want to sit on the bench behind Luck.     He doesn't want to stand on the sidelines during practice while Luck takes nearly every snap.

Being a back-up is BAD for Manziels career.      He'd ask not to be traded to Indy because it's not in his best interest.

There is no guarantee Luck won't get hurt next year too...

7 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

There is no guarantee Luck won't get hurt next year too...

I understand that....

All I'm saying is that Manziel doesn't want to be a back-up to someone line Luck.

If -- and that's the key word, if -- Manziel has to be a back-up someplace, he'd like to be a back-up as he was in Cleveland this year,  behind some old guy with no future.     That gives him a shot at being the eventual starter.

36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I understand that....

All I'm saying is that Manziel doesn't want to be a back-up to someone line Luck.

If -- and that's the key word, if -- Manziel has to be a back-up someplace, he'd like to be a back-up as he was in Cleveland this year,  behind some old guy with no future.     That gives him a shot at being the eventual starter.

He will be rooms backup next yr

On 12/23/2015 at 11:05 AM, jshipp23 said:

We need a reliable back up next year Hasselbeck is done...

Right. Dozens are available in free agency without giving an asset. And Manziel is a high risk, high reward player. Literally, the complete opposite of "reliable" by any definition...

On 12/24/2015 at 1:12 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I agree, but if luck gets hurt , which we all know is possible now, Manziel can win game for us and be trade bait in the future. .js