Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carolina Panthers or Golden State Warriors

RockThatBlue

4 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Was it this one: I need to look at Golden State's schedule.  They may start 30-0.  I have been watching football and basketball for over 40 years.  I have seen many better teams than Carolina.  I cannot say I have seen too many teams that could match what Golden State does on a nightly basis.  Last night was the best offensive display I have seen in the NBA.  I think the only team close was the running style of the Lakers with Magic, Worthy, Cooper and Kareem....That was beautiful to watch.  They still could not shoot the ball like these Warriors.

If yes, I agree with you which is why I think what Carolina is doing is much more impressive because they are not a team anyone would expect to be undefeated. GS is a great team and the defending champs. Let me put it this way, if it was the Pats that were 12-0 and not the Panthers would this even be a thread? Probably not as the Pats are the defending champs and have Brady and Bill and have gone 16-0 before. For a team like the Panthers with Newton who is a solid QB but not elite to be at 12-0 is much more impressive.

Going to ride this stretch of Warriors victories.  Running up and down a court non-stop for 48 minutes and playing 3 out of 5 nights requires these guys to have to work harder.  

The last CBA...only 1 practice a week hitting...I stay with the Warriors.  I really am not impressed with Carolina.  The Warriors made this old guy WOW out loud many times.  It takes a whole lot for me to ever get awed.  Last night did it on many occasions.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Going to ride this stretch of Warriors victories.  Running up and down a court non-stop for 48 minutes and playing 3 out of 5 nights requires these guys to have to work harder.  

The last CBA...only 1 practice a week hitting...I stay with the Warriors.  I really am not impressed with Carolina.  The Warriors made this old guy WOW out loud many times.  It takes a whole lot for me to ever get awed.  Last night did it on many occasions.

I agree. I do love watching them play and the fact that are stealing the show from Lebron is just a bonus. lol.

51 minutes ago, amfootball said:

It is easier to rip off wins in the NBA especially when you are the best team with the best shooter in the game. The Panthers are 12-0 with a chance at 16-0 which has only been done once by the Pats. The degree of difficulty to win in the NFL is so much harder especially when you factor in injuries. Plus as I have said the Panthers were not picked by most to even win their division much less be 12-0 with a chance at going undefeated. That is much more impressive than the defending champs in the NBA winning 23 IMO. But let's see when each team loses its first game and then revisit.

It's so much easier in the NBA,  even though it's never happened before.    

I still am not sure why teams don't try to do a full court press and test the ball handling skills of more than Curry in the back court against the Warriors. I remember Larry Brown implementing that often with the Pistons. So, if you have long armed defenders and depth for taking fouls on your roster, the extra pressure is worth it, IMO. I also remember Phil Jackson harassing Mark Jackson with Scottie Pippen in the back court to set a tone in the playoffs vs the Pacers.

Maybe teams don't game plan as much in the regular season as they would for the playoffs but playing physical, pressuring the ball in the first 10 seconds more, giving remember me shots if any of their players try a hard screen, get casual in the lane etc. are all mind and court tactics I would engage as a coach. 

It may not win the game outright but would give those guys more bruises and things to think of to just slow them down. Just my two cents :).

6 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

I do not think it is even close....Warriors.  One of the best if not THE best shooting team I have ever seen.  

They are amazing. Curry had kind of an off night but it doesn't even matter because Klay is a monster too. That team has almost no weakness. The spurs might be the only team that can beat them. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they win BacktoBack Titles and beat the Bulls 72-10 record I think people have to put them in the same class as those Bulls teams in the 90's and Celtics/Lakers teams of the 80's at that point. The Kobe/Shaq Lakers are in that discussion too because they 3peated.

We might see the best NBA record ever and the worst NBA record ever in the same year. The 76ers and Warriors play I believe in January, warriors might win that game by 70. 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

One is already second all time.   One isn't

I realize that but my point has been it is harder to win 12 straight games in the NFL by a team that won 7 games last year as opposed to the Warriors who are the defending champs and the best team in the NBA. Carolina's streak to me is more impressive. It is fine if you feel the Warrior's is we can just agree to disagree and see where both streaks end up.

Warriors, easily.

Carolina is a lot like the 2009 Colts. Undefeated beating up on cupcake loser teams.

The Colts biggest win in 2009 came against a Patriots team that barely made it to 10-6, and who was throttled in a beat down against New Orleans a few weeks later. Then in the playoffs, they got incredibly lucky again to play a 10-6 Baltimore team, and then an 8-8 Jets team in the AFCCG. They completely avoided San Diego, who I was certain would give them a tough game. The Saints on the other hand, had beaten 4 SB winning quarterbacks prior to the SB. (Eli, Brady, Warner, Favre) 

So far, Carolina's biggest win has come against a Packers team that everyone finally has opened their eyes to, witnessing how overrated they truly are. The last remaining games on their schedule are a cake walk, since every year the Giants are over hyped because people want to latch onto any team that can play the Patriots tough, and then there is Tampa Bay who undoubtedly will screw it up against them. The Saints and Colts are the only teams that really played these guys tough. 

The only way Carolina gets to the SB is if they avoid Seattle and Arizona, and that don't seem very likely. The Cards can win it all this year, as long as they beat them. 

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

Warriors, easily.

Carolina is a lot like the 2009 Colts. Undefeated beating up on cupcake loser teams.

The Colts biggest win in 2009 came against a Patriots team that barely made it to 10-6, and who was throttled in a beat down against New Orleans a few weeks later. Then in the playoffs, they got incredibly lucky again to play a 10-6 Baltimore team, and then an 8-8 Jets team in the AFCCG. They completely avoided San Diego, who I was certain would give them a tough game. The Saints on the other hand, had beaten 4 SB winning quarterbacks prior to the SB. (Eli, Brady, Warner, Favre) 

So far, Carolina's biggest win has come against a Packers team that everyone finally has opened their eyes to, witnessing how overrated they truly are. The last remaining games on their schedule are a cake walk, since every year the Giants are over hyped because people want to latch onto any team that can play the Patriots tough, and then there is Tampa Bay who undoubtedly will screw it up against them. The Saints and Colts are the only teams that really played these guys tough. 

The only way Carolina gets to the SB is if they avoid Seattle and Arizona, and that don't seem very likely. The Cards can win it all this year, as long as they beat them. 

You do realize in 2009 the NFC South was far worse than the AFC South record wise. AFC South was 38-26 while the NFC South was 33-31. The Texans actually went 9-7 that season and the Colts swept them. Jags were the worst team in our Division and they were 7-9. Colts also won at Baltimore and at Arizona, also beat the Patriots. Don't see how you can say we played cupcakes. If we played cupcakes then the Saints played Highschool teams regarding your Division. Also you were very fortunate in that SB that Freeney was injured and that you got a fluke Onside Kick otherwise that game would've been far different. Lucky Peyton had a brain fart at the end too. I would just be happy you got every break in the book and got a SB win and not only that the Vikings actually choked against you guys in the NFC Title Game. They outplayed you guys but had 5 Turnovers. Vikings should've been in the SB in reality. Your team was Great but not better than teams like the 2004 Pats or 2006 Colts, etc. as far as history goes.

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You do realize in 2009 the NFC South was far worse than the AFC South record wise. AFC South was 38-26 while the NFC South was 33-31. The Texans actually went 9-7 that season and the Colts swept them. Jags were the worst team in our Division and they were 7-9. Colts also won at Baltimore and at Arizona, also beat the Patriots. Don't see how you can say we played cupcakes. If we played cupcakes then the Saints played Highschool teams regarding your Division. Also you were very fortunate in that SB that Freeney was injured and that you got a fluke Onside Kick otherwise that game would've been far different. Lucky Peyton had a brain fart at the end too. I would just be happy you got every break in the book and got a SB win and not only that the Vikings actually choked against you guys in the NFC Title Game. They outplayed you guys but had 5 Turnovers. Vikings should've been in the SB in reality. Your team was Great but not better than teams like the 2004 Pats or 2006 Colts, etc. as far as history goes.

You sound very bitter about that SB loss, here let me remind you of it

saints_ring.jpg

You can whine about losing to us to the other Colts fans, i don't care. If the Colts were really that good in 2009 to start 14-0, they should have wiped the floor with us since after all we were just a bad team as you describe, since we beat up on "highschool teams" 

You left out that we beat 5 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks that year, including Favre, who was having the best season of his career that season. Go ahead and yell Bountygate all you want, it don't matter. Like you said, we got the 5 turnovers and won. 

Who did the Colts beat besides the Patriots that year? We wiped the floor with that New England team on MNF, while the Colts just barely got past them. 

Saints out scored the Colts 31 to 7 after the Colts started 10-0, get over it. You lost, move on. 

We got the ring and that's all that matters, I'm glad you cynical fans hate us, very glad. Stare at that ring and wish it was yours. 

1 minute ago, Bogie said:

saints_ring.jpg

You can whine about losing to us to the other Colts fans, i don't care. If the Colts were really that good in 2009 to start 14-0, they should have wiped the floor with us since after all we were just a bad team as you describe.

Saints out scored the Colts 31 to 7 after the Colts started 10-0, get over it. You lost, move on. 

Not bitter at all, just pointing out we didn't play cupcakes and Freeney's injury effected the game. We got our Ring in 2006 and have been a Top 5 franchise since 2000. I also wanted to point out you guys got lucky to beat the Vikings and I know you know it haha

15 minutes ago, Bogie said:

saints_ring.jpg

You can whine about losing to us to the other Colts fans, i don't care. If the Colts were really that good in 2009 to start 14-0, they should have wiped the floor with us since after all we were just a bad team as you describe, since we beat up on "highschool teams" 

You left out that we beat 5 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks that year, including Favre, who was having the best season of his career that season. Go ahead and yell Bountygate all you want, it don't matter. Like you said, we got the 5 turnovers and won. 

Who did the Colts beat besides the Patriots that year? We wiped the floor with that New England team on MNF, while the Colts just barely got past them. 

We got the ring and that's all that matters, I'm glad you cynical fans hate us, very glad. Stare at that ring and wish it was yours. 

Actually I don't hate the Saints. I just didn't like the fact you said we played cupcakes so I busted you out on it by proving your Division was worse. I am an encyclopedia when it comes to the history of the game and if you are going to downgrade the Colts in any way I will point it out. I took it as a jab toward our Colts, so it is what it is. I actually like Drew Brees and glad he has a Ring.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not bitter at all, just pointing out we didn't play cupcakes and Freeney's injury effected the game. We got our Ring in 2006 and have been a Top 5 franchise since 2000. I also wanted to point out you guys got lucky to beat the Vikings and I know you know it haha

2009 wasn't one of our best teams IMO. I would have taken the 2005 and 2006 teams easily over 2009. In 2009 it was set up well with schedule I won't lie with not having to play teams like the Chargers/Steelers and the Pats having a shaky year. And the NFC West I think we played that year and it was a joke.

I can't complain though. But, going to the SB IMO might not have happened if we had SD in the AFCCG instead of the Jets.

When it comes to an easier schedule I often say take it......it's a gift. Problem is it don't always help you in the playoffs once you face better teams.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

2009 wasn't one of our best teams IMO. I would have taken the 2005 and 2006 teams easily over 2009. In 2009 it was set up well with schedule I won't lie with not having to play teams like the Chargers/Steelers and the Pats having a shaky year. And the NFC West I think we played that year and it was a joke.

I can't complain though. But, going to the SB IMO might not have happened if we had SD in the AFCCG instead of the Jets.

When it comes to an easier schedule I often say take it......it's a gift. Problem is it don't always help you in the playoffs once you face better teams.

I am just having fun with Bogie. The Saints Division was worse than ours that year so I just wanted to point it out. Indeed they beat Warner, Favre, and then us in the SB but it's not like they played stellar Regular Season teams all season. We were favored by 5 in that SB, there is a reason for that. It means Vegas even thought we had the better team. When you favor a team by more than 3 typically most think you have the better team.

8 minutes ago, Jules said:

I agree that 2005 and 2006 were better teams than 2009. 2009 was Great though.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just having fun with Bogie. The Saints Division was worse than ours that year so I just wanted to point it out. Indeed they beat Warner, Favre, and then us in the SB but it's not like they played stellar Regular Season teams all season. We were favored by 5 in that SB, there is a reason for that. It means Vegas even thought we had the better team. When you favor a team by more than 3 typically most think you have the better team.

I think even Bogie would admit that the Saints had a lot of luck in 2009, the Redskins game they played was proof of it.

If you ask me......I always had thought the Vikings were the best all around team of 2009. But, being the best team don't always mean you get to the big one.

Right now currently I think Arizona is sort of the 2009 Saints a bit the way they have looked to me but time will tell if they make it to the big one.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I think even Bogie would admit that the Saints had a lot of luck in 2009, the Redskins game they played was proof of it.

If you ask me......I always had thought the Vikings were the best all around team of 2009. But, being the best team don't always mean you get to the big one.

Right now currently I think Arizona is sort of the 2009 Saints a bit the way they have looked to me but time will tell if they make it to the big one.

Just now, Jules said:

I actually don't think you can win it all without having some form of luck on your side. I am just waiting for it to happen with Andrew Luck LOL.

It will. Maybe not this year but Andrew is only 25. We have a lot of years to enjoy his play. Injuries happen, hopefully in the future he can stay healthy. I still think we can make a run this season but I just don't trust our Defense against teams like the Steelers and Patriots.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree that 2005 and 2006 were better teams than 2009. 2009 was Great though.

Yeah I am not ashamed to have lost the SB at all. It was a fun year to some extent. I would had preferred we had Dungy over Caldwell though.....

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah I am not ashamed to have lost the SB at all. It was a fun year to some extent. I would had preferred we had Dungy over Caldwell though.....

That would've made a difference. I wish Freeney would've been healthy. That was the killer. He was awesome in the first Half than couldn't go in the 2nd Half because of his ankle. Brees had all day to throw without Freeney being in the game. They just doubled Mathis and we had nobody else. Brees was awesome that season.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That would've made a difference. I wish Freeney would've been healthy. That was the killer. He was awesome in the first Half than couldn't go in the 2nd Half because of his ankle. Brees had all day to throw without Freeney being in the game. They just doubled Mathis and we had nobody else. Brees was awesome that season.

What I think is crazy is how the Colts and Saints were once the #1 seeds and awesome and now we are just fighting for our lives out there every week lol.

My how things change. I am actually happy looking back to 2009 now just thinking about how we won all those games with ease.

And I was fearful of those Saints too since they had this like magic quality at times to them in 2009. And they completely TORE UP the Patriots. I don't even think the Saints were the best in 2009 but they had this.....
thing about them.......

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

What I think is crazy is how the Colts and Saints were once the #1 seeds and awesome and now we are just fighting for our lives out there every week lol.

My how things change. I am actually happy looking back to 2009 now just thinking about how we won all those games with ease.

And I was fearful of those Saints too since they had this like magic quality at times to them in 2009. And they completely TORE UP the Patriots. I don't even think the Saints were the best in 2009 but they had this.....
thing about them.......

Yeah I thought it was cool at how each team kept winning every week. Both were 13-0 at one point.

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

saints_ring.jpg

It helps when they had bounties out on opposing qbs.  That ring has a patriot sized asterisk on it

The Saints had it set up in 2011, the way I see the Colts had it in 2009. The east schedule. 

Many Saints fans are VERY VERY bitter over the 2011 team. They remind me of Colts fans over the 2005 team, and I agree with them in a way, that we would have slaughtered that crappy 9-7 Giants team in the NFCCG, but I am not sure we win the SB that year. Same goes for the 2005 Colts, that was the only time I ever chose them to win the SB, and I was very very disappointed when they went one and done. I picked them to win it all half way in the season. 

The bitterness is understandable. I still to this day hear about the 2011 team, though I'm over it personally. I think we would have repeated the 2001 Rams, who also had all those big stat records thanks to Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk. The 2011 Saints broke every single record that team set, except for Faulk's rushing record. That Rams team, IMO was one of the best teams to lose the SB. I don't think they would have lost if Oakland got in (Tuck game0 

1 hour ago, Jules said:

thing about them.......

YES the Saints had these weird plays every week, things went out way. It was very odd, since we normally are the team that mishaps happen to us.

It's not on Youtube anymore, but that Dolphins game, THAT was a huge win for us. We came back down from 21-0 and put over 45 points on the board. 

That 2009 Saints team, they just wouldn't give up in games. It's depressing to look at them now and think back to that team, cause they would be down by 10, 14, even the 21 point game, and they would still figure something out to comeback and win. 

We moped the floor with the Patriots, and that was the changing point of the season. The Patriots game changed everything; we went from enjoying what success we had since we've always been losers, to now we began to think "woah, this could really be something to define our teams' history"  

The Vikings would have beat us in their dome, but Minnesota had TWO huge weaknesses the Saints exploited in that game; #1 protecting Favre, and #2. turnovers

I think everyone forgets that Adrian Peterson used to fumble A LOT, and in 2009, he had 7 fumbles. The Saints stripped him 3 times in that game. Poor matchup, considering we had the #1 turnover margin that year. Their receivers also had problems hanging onto the ball. 

Before the Saints, Dallas got to Favre in the Divisional round and sacked him 6 times. 

I know everyone loves to yell Bountygate over the Vikings game, but Minnesota did a horrendous job protecting Favre all year. By the end of the season, teams were getting to him and blitzing him. Dallas IMO set the blueprint that the Saints followed. He was chased around by Ware all day in that game. The Saints were a little crazier with blitzing from the safety, that allowed Darren Sharper to get on him. 

Favre also struggled with Carolina and Chicago at the end of the season, who both were blitz happy with him. Minnesota lost those 3 games at the end of the season,and I think they were expoed. 

The Cardinals this year remind me of the 2009 Saints. They play with that same fire to them, and their defense is mean, fearsome. Bruce Arians reminds me a lot of how Sean Payton coached in 2009, where the Saints were always attacking teams and playing so aggressive. If the Cards don't win it all this year, I am going to be very disappointed. They got the team of destiny vibe to them much more than Carolina does. 

I hate the cross pollination of sports. The NBA & the NFL have no relation to one another based on the rules & the objectives of both games. Plus, the NBA has a ton of more games to play than the NFL so if a team stumbles early in a basketball season, there's plenty of time to fix things.

I'm more impressed with Carolina because Cam Newton has really grown this year as a competitor & Step Curry is just showing off to me bordering on showboating & I dislike that immensely.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that was close. Klay Thompson didn't play but the train keeps rolling. 24-0 now!

They will lose eventually, the games are going to keep getting tighter and the boulder you push uphill of going unbeaten finally gets too big.

But, it's the NBA so it won't even hurt them with so many games left in the year.

I am almost dead serious when I saw Carolina would be best off losing a game before the year is over. I just do not trust the unbeaten thing. The odds just don't seem to ever want 19-0......the closest we ever got was NE and it was a helmet catch away! As much as we can pick on the Patriots, they were right freaking there and almost did it. It's just not meant to be I think. Your odds in the NFL with so many teams being so even at times in the postseason just do not allow perfection.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

They will lose eventually, the games are going to keep getting tighter and the boulder you push uphill of going unbeaten finally gets too big.

But, it's the NBA so it won't even hurt them with so many games left in the year.

I am almost dead serious when I saw Carolina would be best off losing a game before the year is over. I just do not trust the unbeaten thing. The odds just don't seem to ever want 19-0......the closest we ever got was NE and it was a helmet catch away! As much as we can pick on the Patriots, they were right freaking there and almost did it. It's just not meant to be I think. Your odds in the NFL with so many teams being so even at times in the postseason just do not allow perfection.

Pats came within inches of going 19-0 no doubt. I thought in 2009 had we kept Peyton in we would've went 16-0. I cant put my finger on it but I just am not sold on the Panthers even making the SB. I think it's because their lack of playmakers on Offense. Arizona can definitely beat them IMO. Regarding the Warriors of course nobody goes 82-0 but if they stay relatively healthy they will beat the Bulls 72-10 record IMO.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pats came within inches of going 19-0 no doubt. I thought in 2009 had we kept Peyton in we would've went 16-0. I cant put my finger on it but I just am not sold on the Panthers even making the SB. I think it's because their lack of playmakers on Offense. Arizona can definitely beat them IMO. Regarding the Warriors of course nobody goes 82-0 but if they stay relatively healthy they will beat the Bulls 72-10 record IMO.

I have a feeling on Arizona too. They are talented and hungry as hell. I trust Arians/Palmer this year and that team also seems due for fortune.....Bogie often compares them to the 2009 Saints. In 2009 the Saints if people can stop blabbing about the bounty thing were hungry, talented and also very due as an organization for something special to happen finally.

Carolina is a tough one for me. I for sure feel the chance for the Colts to beat them was right there in OT and we blew it. Since that game I have often felt they were beatable and suprised it hasn't happened with someone else doing it. Saints came close BOTH times this year vs. the Panthers too.

Not even just Arizona, but if somehow the Seahawks are the 6th seed thats going to be horrible for the Panthers if they draw them in the divisional round. Playing Seattle is like drawing Pittsburgh when we did it in 2005.