Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats Cut Chris Harper After The Flub Last Night

King Colt

18 hours ago, King Colt said:

Maybe this is why the Pats are the Pats. Drop a ball and you're fired. Neat man up!

Indeed. I like it. Hold people accountable. Sends a sign to the rest of the guys filling in that your playing for your job. There isn't room for error. There is no excuse just because your a back up to not do your job when your called on. I love this move. Just like the demoting the Gray kid last year. People get in line and understand a lot is on the line here...they are playing for a championship and mistakes aren't tolerated. Wish we had a little more of that kind of accountablility around here.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Really Owens?? I bet he doesn't last more than 2 weeks. I almost new BB was going to cut Harper after the fumbled Punt, That really cost you guys the game more than anything.

Pats are not signing him at age 42. I was just more commenting on what great shape he has kept himself in. But he is all done. Has not played in the NFL since 2010.

Belichick has earned the right to a few more things because of his SB wins, other coaches have not.

Tom Coughlin tried to do it that way initially but eventually chose a happy medium that made him more approachable to players. Now, he does. However, in 2010 after having won a SB in 2007, when his punter kicked to DeSean Jackson, he got cut the next day (if I remember right) and they signed a different punter and had another SB run in 2011.

It is common place for coaches, SB wins or not, to sit down an RB for fumbles (Kubiak did it with Arian Foster before his breakout years) or sit down a player for off field shenanigans, whether it is running his mouth or partying (cough Johnny, cough :)).

On 11/30/2015, 6:16:51, King Colt said:

Maybe this is why the Pats are the Pats. Drop a ball and you're fired. Neat man up!

That's why the 'JAGs' on the Pats perform.  Because the alternative is the door.  They want to keep their roster spot and NFL pay.

The Pats assign a guy a job.  Then it's Do your job {well}.  Don't do your job, we'll go find another like you that will do their job.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now