Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Would We Want To Face Peyton Manning?

bap1331

I don't know why people think we are a worse team this year than last. Peyton took us to the Super Bowl 2 years ago. Last year he took us to the playoffs. This year our O-line was better. Nevis made our D-line better. Angerer starting made our linebackers better. Our receivers are better because everybody was hurt last year. If a healthy Peyton comes back next year and we have healthy starters, we are a Super Bowl contender.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd send him to the Redskins. You know Snyder is foolish enough to out bid for Peyton Manning in terms of draft picks. Also, we just played the Redskins last year so we wouldn't have to play them again till the 2014 season and by that point Andrew Luck should be well established and Peyton will probably be at the tail end of his career.

Can you imagine the media build up of a Superbowl between a Luck led Colts and a Manning led (insert team here). Not only would that be a very scary prospect but it would make the ESPN's, Foxes, and NFL Networks of the world go stark raving MAD!!!!

I don't know why people think we are a worse team this year than last. Peyton took us to the Super Bowl 2 years ago. Last year he took us to the playoffs. This year our O-line was better. Nevis made our D-line better. Angerer starting made our linebackers better. Our receivers are better because everybody was hurt last year. If a healthy Peyton comes back next year and we have healthy starters, we are a Super Bowl contender.

Wishful thinking.

Can you imagine the media build up of a Superbowl between a Luck led Colts and a Manning led (insert team here). Not only would that be a very scary prospect but it would make the ESPN's, Foxes, and NFL Networks of the world go stark raving MAD!!!!

Passionate dreamer aren't you

I don't know if you watched the Colts this season or not but the defense was terrible. Offense was..meh. On top of that the 2 top WR's are F/A's coming up along with Mathis. 2 O lineman are also F/A's, no one in the secondary can cover except Bethea and Powers(and maybe a healthy Bullit. .keyword healthy). Still got a long ways to go.

It just sounds ridiculous to me that some fans are considering going to "REBUILDING" mode. Those are the boringest years in any fans lifetime! KEEP Peyton, get chances, then put Luck after he learns. Hes a good friend if Peyton so i dont think he will complain. He was part of the Peyton Camp or whatever...

Name another quarterback (besides maybe Brady) that can tear apart a defense like Peyton. Wether he is on the road or not, he will always be Peyton no matter what.

Letting Peyton go would be a big mistake. He would tear apart our defense like PICK A PART!

This is the worst case :omg: mid-night horror show...scenario PAP..

to see the NY Jets come in to Indy with Manning who would 'make it rain' TDs

....in front of a capacity Indy crowd that would be cheering for NY..

The ultimate nightmare :argh:

I think we're a SB contender in 2011 if we had Manning. So what exactly makes you say this? We're fine man. It's only been 2 years since our last SB, and if you look at the roster, not much has changed.

Even if manning is standing on the sidelines again next year?

This is the worst case :omg: mid-night horror show...scenario PAP..

to see the NY Jets come in to Indy with Manning who would 'make it rain' TDs

....in front of a capacity Indy crowd that would be cheering for NY..

The ultimate nightmare :argh:

uh.....not quite. manning on the titans twice a year would be worse!!

i dont see him in new yawk city with eli there already.

how about baltimore?

curse of the sheriff (bambino).

Stating it now Colts kick Manning out of town after all he did for us for a hyped up colleague kid... It's going to be a very un-Lucky move. Curse of the Sheriff will haunt us like bambino

finally another fan(I kno there are many others) with the some loyalty to our players.

The same people screaming and wanting to let Peyton go, are prolly the same ones complaining about players holding out for more cash. So if Peyton is let go and we get luck and he decides to hold out at a point in his career, the forum should be pretty quite cause they all understand it's a business decision on his part, and expect no hometown discount.

finally another fan(I kno there are many others) with the some loyalty to our players.

I'm loyal to the Indianapolis colts TEAM. Of course I have fav players that I respect more then others but I'm a fan of the colts.

I'm just saying it would be a great storyline. Manning vs luck in the playoffs. That would be huge

No, you're not "just saying" that. You were taking a pot shot at Manning because you are high on the Luck Kool-Aid. Wanting to rebuild is one thing, but taking low blows at the greatest player to ever play for your franchise is ridiculous.

I'm loyal to the Indianapolis colts TEAM. Of course I have fav players that I respect more then others but I'm a fan of the colts.

yes and it's well noted that Peyton isn't one of those respected players of yours. Which is confusing considering what he's done for our TEAM. From on field play, to being the high character face of the NFL, to taking a pay cut for the TEAM. Seems like a very good candidate to admire and respect more then others.

Rex Grossman.

Oh my God! You're so clever! Who was the MVP of that game? Why are you hating on the only player that makes your team relevant? I have been hoping Peyton would return to Indy next year and win another title or two, but the way a lot of "fans of the TEAM" are acting, I'm starting to prefer he goes elsewhere and does it while you guys see how far Luck takes this train wreck of a team.

yes and it's well noted that Peyton isn't one of those respected players of yours. Which is confusing considering what he's done for our TEAM. From on field play, to being the high character face of the NFL, to taking a pay cut for the TEAM. Seems like a very good candidate to admire and respect more then others.

Don't you dare try to force logic on people. Don't you dare, sir.

Oh my God! You're so clever! Who was the MVP of that game? Why are you hating on the only player that makes your team relevant? I have been hoping Peyton would return to Indy next year and win another title or two, but the way a lot of "fans of the TEAM" are acting, I'm starting to prefer he goes elsewhere and does it while you guys see how far Luck takes this train wreck of a team.

Listen, one SB win agianst possibly the worst SB team ever is not that good, and if you remember we trailed for a good portion of that game.

Peyton's playoff performances have been dissapointing to say the least. I like Peyton and I want him under center next year because I do believe that it gives us the best chance to win, however that being said If the colts decide to go in another direction I will respect their decision.

Listen, one SB win agianst possibly the worst SB team ever is not that good, and if you remember we trailed for a good portion of that game.

Peyton's playoff performances have been dissapointing to say the least. I like Peyton and I want him under center next year because I do believe that it gives us the best chance to win, however that being said If the colts decide to go in another direction I will respect their decision.

haha. Fans clamor for a Super Bowl win. Then he gives them one and it's not good enough because they didn't beat a good team? People never cease to amaze me.

haha. Fans clamor for a Super Bowl win. Then he gives them one and it's not good enough because they didn't beat a good team? People never cease to amaze me.

If you'll recall the D actually showed up and carried the load for that run. I think the team that lost to the Saints was Peyton's best playoff performance. The argument that Peyton is the G.O.A.T stops at the Playoffs, he's not always great in those situations.

If you'll recall the D actually showed up and carried the load for that run. I think the team that lost to the Saints was Peyton's best playoff performance. The argument that Peyton is the G.O.A.T stops at the Playoffs, he's not always great in those situations.

If you'll recall, to get to the Super Bowl, Peyton had to lead the Colts back from being down 21-3, and again had to lead a two minute drill to get the win against the Pats.

Its hard to just greatness in the post-season because everyone fails..and you can always point to that

Dont ask Tom Brady about the last 2 seasons...

How many times did Elway and Marino lose in the post-season...

Manning has been great in the post-season but like Drew Brees last season..his team did not always win.

. Peyton's playoff performances have been dissapointing to say the least.

53 players and coaching staff win SB. There are so many playoff games i can find fault in other players and coaches. Stop pointing them to Peyton. He is a major part but when playoffs comes other components have to deliver as well.

Really, what is your point here?.

Its not Peyton or Colts problem that they have a weak team in SB ( if you call that team weak ). If you watched other games during that playoffs, Colts beat Ravens and Patriots to get to SB.

I am finding it hard to comprehend your thought process.

Guess you didnt watch the SB, did you.

There are several key moments in the game.

Right before the half time, Caldwell called 3 running plays for 1 yard and couldnt convert.

Garcon dropped a sure touchdown pass.

Hank Baskett's fumbled and dropped an onside kick.

They are 17 points swing here.

Who said it wasn't good enough I'll take any SB win even if we have to tape everyones practices to win it.... sounds to me like your just not willing to face facts....

53 players and coaching staff win SB. There are so many playoff games i can find fault in other players and coaches. Stop pointing them to Peyton. He is a major part but when playoffs comes other components have to deliver as well.

This is irrelevant to Peyton's poor playoff performance and stats.

Really, what is your point here?.

Its not Peyton or Colts problem that they have a weak team in SB ( if you call that team weak ). If you watched other games during that playoffs, Colts beat Ravens and Patriots to get to SB.

I am finding it hard to comprehend your thought process.

My point is that Peyton was bad for most of that game.

The national media does not care about Jacksonville.

If Peyton Manning went to NYC there would be a 'Manning channell' on ESPN

peyton does not care about the national media!!

he is not an west nor east coast boy, he is a southern boy. note his choice of college, and his lobbying to play for indy.

i did have to do some keyboard cleaning after the toe remark though......and cola through the nose burns.