Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Would We Want To Face Peyton Manning?

bap1331

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define poor performance and for stats his playoff stats are better than Brady. Dont type random statements. Quantify them.

Poor Performance? Um have you been watching the Colts in the playoffs? They define poor performance and Manning looked especially bad vs the Saints.

Manning's record: 9-9

Brady's Record: 14-4

Brady's stats are almost identical to Manning's except Manning has more attempts and more interceptions. I am also going to tell you that recently Brady has not been good in the playoffs either with more than 1/3 of his interceptions coming since they lost the superbowl against NYG.

Coming from your own comments about Peyton playoffs performances, Scroll up if you forget what you typed. Also, how about not ignoring Peyton's performances with Ravens and Patriots?.

Manning vs the Ravens year we beat Chicago for SB Divisional Playoff Game .... 15/30 for 170 yards 0 TD 2 INT

Manning vs the NE year we beat Chicago for SB Conference Champ Game .... 27/47 for 349 yards 1TD 1 INT

Poor Performance? Um have you been watching the Colts in the playoffs? They define poor performance and Manning looked especially bad vs the Saints.

Manning's record: 9-9

Brady's Record: 14-4

Brady's stats are almost identical to Manning's except Manning has more attempts and more interceptions. I am also going to tell you that recently Brady has not been good in the playoffs either with more than 1/3 of his interceptions coming since they lost the superbowl against NYG.

QBR of Manning is better than Brady.

Also, I have already explained about the Saints game before.

No that average is for entire career till date.

Here is the difference, if Brady plays bad he can still make the throws that count and win the games. Manning cannot, his rating is higher but I would bet it isn't when it counts. The average is for career but lets step back to pre Giants SB and re-run the numbers and see who's on top?

Don't get me wrong I want the pats to fail and I want Manning to win us a SB next season but you just can't argue with facts.

Guess you didnt watch the SB, did you.

There are several key moments in the game.

Right before the half time, Caldwell called 3 running plays for 1 yard and couldnt convert.

Garcon dropped a sure touchdown pass.

Hank Baskett's fumbled and dropped an onside kick.

They are 17 points swing here.

yes, i don't remember anything, I didn't see.. I don't even like football

Here is the difference, if Brady plays bad he can still make the throws that count and win the games. Manning cannot, his rating is higher but I would bet it isn't when it counts. The average is for career but lets step back to pre Giants SB and re-run the numbers and see who's on top?

Don't get me wrong I want the pats to fail and I want Manning to win us a SB next season but you just can't argue with facts.

I am only talking facts buddy.

I think the drive Manning had with 2.17 remaining at the AFC championship game was good enough. Apparently it isnt.

It sounds to me like there was some amount of disagreement in regards to which direction the franchise was going to go as apparent by the dismissal of the Polians. Moreover there seems to be a ? as to whether or not Peyton will even be able to play again. The mere fact that this team went from division champs and perennial contender to absolute obscurity in 1 season should be screaming to Colts fan that something NEEDS to be done here. If a team is THAT dependent upon 1 player for wins what does that say with regards to the rest of the "team"? No way I would say that a Peyton Manning is not worth every nickel he gets. No doubt he is a FHOF and perhaps the greatest QB of all time. Cannot deny that he has single handedly rebuilt the colts from the ashes. But he can just as easily burn this whole thing right back down to the ground. Even if he is cleared to play and returns to form this coming season, just how long do you really expect him to be the productive Manning we have had since '98? 2 more seasons, 3 maybe. Then the reality sets in that he is on the decline and when we had a chance to draft for the future we missed the boat because colts fan has annointed Peyton as Jesus in cleats and would rather die by the Manning than live by the Luck? No sure thing with draft picks this is true. How do you justify NOT taking a chance here? This team has so many glaring needs its counterproductive trying to ignore. We have enjoyed 13 great and glorious seasons with Peyton at the helm but it is time to seriously prepare for the inevitable - life after Manning. I'd gladly sacrifice a season or 2 to rebuild with younger more cost effective personnel and hope to maybe strike some semblance of balance to this football team that has been sorely lacking. Maybe then if 1 man goes down, no matter how vital he may seem, we can still have a competitive product out on the field. Just ask the Texans. They should be competitive for some time to come. Tennessee is mediocre but rebuilding. Jacksonville aint got much outside MJD so NOW is the time for us to consider our future and seize opportunity when opportunity knocks. To take a page from the much maligned Yankee franchise - we dont rebuild. We RELOAD. Thats all this would be. Better face the music here Indy - the time is NOW.

I think the drive Manning had with 2.17 remaining at the AFC championship game was good enough. Apparently it isnt.

You also thought Peyton Manning had a good game againts Baltimore....

I can see this is going nowhere, but at least we agree that we both want Peyton Manning back next year and to win a SB.

'OMG Andrew Luck!!!!! Can't Miss Prospect!!!! Colts Take Him For Sure!!!! Future GOAT!!!! Andrew Luck > Peyton Manning!!!!'

Anyone who says the last part is stupid. Andrew Luck right now is not better than Peyton Manning. Thats not what the majority of people are saying when they thing we should move on with Luck instead of Peyton.

The first part of that statement isn't an issue though. Those people are smart. The kid is a "can't miss prospect" and if you don't understand why, I wrote up all the reasons in another thread you should be able to find by clicking on my posts. You have to take him with the #1 pick. I think Luck can sit for a year+ under normal circumstances, but not with the way peyton was in the past. Peyton takes EVERY snap in practice... You can't take a QB with the first pick and not only make him sit for 4 years, but not give him ANY reps either. Plus the biggest adjustment from college to pro tends to be the speed of the game. 4 years with minimal to no 1st team practice reps while watching on the sidelines doesn't help you make that transition!

Plus about playing against Peyton. This offense took a long time to install. Would a team (or offensive coordinator) who acquired Peyton (trade or free agency) throw their scheme out the door and just adopt his? Would the players just know what hes talking about day 1? Would he have timing with receivers automatically? Doubtful, no, and no. He works so well in our offense because he has complete control and mastery of the offence and is on the same page with every other offensive player on the field. He depends on saturday to make the blocking calls at the line, and he knows where each receiver will be at what time. Another team won't go out year 1 and be the fluid offense we're used to with peyton under center here. Who even says peyton wants to go somewhere else and start over for 3-4 years???

Theres alot of questions to be answered. Theres a ton of unknowns.

to all of you ungrafetful colts fans taking pot shots on peyton... have you guys rlly not paid attention to everything this man has done for this team and for the city ?? he is upstanding,honest,loyal and has the highest integrity of anyone ive ever seen i watched him play for ut he was great than and even better now.. im sure we all know he has made some mistakes in big games as everyone does but you guys wish to drop him or trade him and disregaurd his role in our sb title run.. i offer 1 example of a great qb who didnt have wut peyton has or offered to this team think dan marino one of the greats to never win a sb.. peyton is better than that you guys should be as well wish him well get healthy come back to us and mentor luck and get him rdy to take over in a couple yrs at most retire a colt.. a few yrs down the road be rdy to lead this team for yrs to come..... this teams record this yr wasnt only because of peyton's injury but was also due to poor front office management poor drafts and refusal to change the defense to better fit our players and the lack of getting better players in has doomed this team for the last few yrs... irsay will not trade peyton because unlike most of you fans and other teams he holds peyton dear for everything he has given and done for this team...polian was great but had lost his touch finding the gems and peyton suffered for it with everything he is and has done for ths team peyton deserves much more respect n honor from all of us and especially you ungrateful fans who sound like jerry jones of the cowboys(btw long time cowboys fan as well) what have you done for me lately.. thats whats wrong with the usa today no sense of loyalty or honor for the things that have been done for you just what have you done for me lately... from what i see irsay is old school morals and will honor the man who has giving everything for this team and i just hope n pray for peytons full recovery and wish him a life time of happiness and enjoyment

Ok its obvious that everyone wants to keep Peyton. But what would it hurt if we pulled a panthers card and still got Luck some wild way and worked him in just to see who the better was? *Rook* Moore proved to be better than Jake, with time. what if Luck proved to be the better decision instead of Manning? idk not a big Manning fan cause i feel that he threw the last super bowl game... but hey thats just me!!!

The only thing he threw was an interception.

I still put more of the blame on Wayne than Manning on that play. Wayne didn't run his route with the same vigor as he normally does. Hurt or not, that INT was on Wayne.> The ball was where it should have been. A lucky jump by the DB, and it's going the other way.

Manning > Brady Other 52 Patriots > Other 52 Colts. Bill Belichck > Dungy or Caldwell.

I agree. people always bash about how he fails in the playoffs. He really pulled out a huge game that day. And then they say hes a choker for losing in the Super Bowl but i honestly saw the wide recievers giving up on their routes.

I still put more of the blame on Wayne than Manning on that play. Wayne didn't run his route with the same vigor as he normally does. Hurt or not, that INT was on Wayne.> The ball was where it should have been. A lucky jump by the DB, and it's going the other way.

Manning > Brady Other 52 Patriots > Other 52 Colts. Bill Belichck > Dungy or Caldwell.

Totally agree with the reason it happened.

I however don't agree they threw the game.

That makes no sense to me whatsever. Why would you throw a game you had worked so hard to get to? I call (to borrow one of Shecolts comments) horsefeathers.

Totally agree with the reason it happened.

I however don't agree they threw the game.

That makes no sense to me whatsever. Why would you throw a game you had worked so hard to get to? I call (to borrow one of Shecolts comments) horsefeathers.

I don't believe they threw the game either. That is just ^fool^ic and absurd to think that with any player much less Peyton Manning. Horsefeathers, horsethis, horsethat and horse4lettersofyourchoice. Another perfect example of why a dislike button would work.

It sounds to me like there was some amount of disagreement in regards to which direction the franchise was going to go as apparent by the dismissal of the Polians. Moreover there seems to be a ? as to whether or not Peyton will even be able to play again. The mere fact that this team went from division champs and perennial contender to absolute obscurity in 1 season should be screaming to Colts fan that something NEEDS to be done here. If a team is THAT dependent upon 1 player for wins what does that say with regards to the rest of the "team"? No way I would say that a Peyton Manning is not worth every nickel he gets. No doubt he is a FHOF and perhaps the greatest QB of all time. Cannot deny that he has single handedly rebuilt the colts from the ashes. But he can just as easily burn this whole thing right back down to the ground. Even if he is cleared to play and returns to form this coming season, just how long do you really expect him to be the productive Manning we have had since '98? 2 more seasons, 3 maybe. Then the reality sets in that he is on the decline and when we had a chance to draft for the future we missed the boat because colts fan has annointed Peyton as Jesus in cleats and would rather die by the Manning than live by the Luck? No sure thing with draft picks this is true. How do you justify NOT taking a chance here? This team has so many glaring needs its counterproductive trying to ignore. We have enjoyed 13 great and glorious seasons with Peyton at the helm but it is time to seriously prepare for the inevitable - life after Manning. I'd gladly sacrifice a season or 2 to rebuild with younger more cost effective personnel and hope to maybe strike some semblance of balance to this football team that has been sorely lacking. Maybe then if 1 man goes down, no matter how vital he may seem, we can still have a competitive product out on the field. Just ask the Texans. They should be competitive for some time to come. Tennessee is mediocre but rebuilding. Jacksonville aint got much outside MJD so NOW is the time for us to consider our future and seize opportunity when opportunity knocks. To take a page from the much maligned Yankee franchise - we dont rebuild. We RELOAD. Thats all this would be. Better face the music here Indy - the time is NOW.

One of the better posts I've read in while.

As painful as it is to watch, I have not seen this since watching the Super Bowl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBlvjtfpPAg

It was clearly Peyton's fault. He would have screamed at Reggie if it was his fault.

As painful as it is to watch, I have not seen this since watching the Super Bowl:

It was clearly Peyton's fault. He would have screamed at Reggie if it was his fault.

Rarely has he screamed at a receiver when they make a mistake.

Wayne clearly didn't run the route with his typical effort. If he would have it would have been incomplete at worst.

Side note.. I do love the block in the back pictured in the frozen motion that wasn't called.

Rarely has he screamed at a receiver when they make a mistake.

Wayne clearly didn't run the route with his typical effort. If he would have it would have been incomplete at worst.

Side note.. I do love the block in the back pictured in the frozen motion that wasn't called.

of course the refs didnt call it...

they are Saints or Patriots fans...i always see them favor those 2 teams for a reason.

I know he rarely screams at another teammate but it is the Super Bowl so we can expect him to be frustrated with the players

No doubt that one haunts Peyton to this day. No one knows it more than him. Only needing 5 yards it was going to be a quick throw, no time to look off defender(watch Mannings head as he drops back), but the critical mistake was a throw to the inside, the direction the other receiver was breaking. The throw to Wayne's outside shoulder could only have been caught by one person, Reggie. Porter did an outstanding job first reading Peyton and then anticipating the throw inside.

While this was the nail in the coffin for that game. The game turned on the lost onside kick to start the second half. We had scored to go ahead at the end of the first half. We put any points on the board with the first drive of the third quarter and we're ahead two scores. Instead, Saints score and retake the lead. That onside kick changed the whole strategy of the second half.

One of the better posts I've read in while.

The quarterback position is THAT important to an overall teams record. Not just the Colts. Chicago and Houston both show that this year. Philly possibly falls into that scenario. It's easy to credit Denver's defense for being where they are and it would be true, but Tebow has accomplished what his predecessor was not able. On the opposite, look at the turn around in Carolina due to just one person. QB is that important. I agree that the team has glaring needs, but no more than has existed at the end of every season. It's not the disasterous picture that many wish to paint. Our defense deserves a lot of credit for some outstanding play. Given that time of posession put them on the field for the better part of every game and time after time with the other team having a short field due to offensive(QB) miscues, they performed admirably. For the third time in a decade we had to start the season with rookies in the secondary. Once again, coaches had them performing well by the end of the year. How many times have we had to rebuild the linebacking core and once again we unearth a jewel in Mr. Angerer. We actually saw significant improvement in the running game.

Manning's injury is one that if it heals he'll be as good as ever if not better. He has not shown any loss of talent. Actually, it's because of plays like the interception against the Saints that might cause him to raise his level even more. No one learns from their mistake more than Peyton Manning. At his age, a healthy Manning has at least 5 years of top level production if he wants to keep putting in the work. Given an adequate defense and running game Peyton Manning has what it takes to take a team to the promised land. Everyone else is a maybe. It's not a decision. If he's healthy he'll play, if he's not he'll retire. If he plays we better pray he plays for the Colts!

This is a response to the post by Gildedpimp. I botched the quote. Leave it to a rookie poster!

Edited by LightninMax