Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Other Teams Interviewing, Irsay Needs To Get With It

Pancake Block

Nice to know being active here, What is Bizarro Worl though is to have Caldwell part of the interview process, if there is no clearer sign that we are stuck with him anothe year someone tell me differently-Why would one be part of a process where there is also the chance of being fired. Unless they want to see if there is some kind of chemistry.

i know what you mean, but na, i think caldwell is a dead man walking

That may turn out to be true, but it depends on what the new GM thinks of him. I've been hearing a lot of praise heaped on Caldwell for helping to develop Manning when he was the QB coach and even more praise reported from the Colts players themselves on him being a good coach. I know it's hard for us to believe that given the couple of game management snaffu's but we are watching from the cheap seats...

The players want caldwell because he's no task master which they really need in order to end this decade and a half of softness between Dungy/Caldwell-The 95 Colts had some tough D players then. The Super Bowl D rose in the playoffs becasue their manhood was challenged, as that D was shreaded weekly by runnning teams.

That may turn out to be true, but it depends on what the new GM thinks of him. I've been hearing a lot of praise heaped on Caldwell for helping to develop Manning when he was the QB coach and even more praise reported from the Colts players themselves on him being a good coach. I know it's hard for us to believe that given the couple of game management snaffu's but we are watching from the cheap seats...

i dont think he is that bad, it hink players respect him, i think players like him and will do a lot for him. thet hing is, the x and o's i dont see him as that qualified, and if we already cleaned house on FO we should do it on coaches.

i may be wrong but thats my belief, thjat jim caldwell is ag ood guy who players respect and who can get his team ready but provide little on the x's and o's

He absolutely DID NOT say that! In fact he said just the opposite. He said he wouldn't rule out a big name HC or GM.

I swear(and im not just talking about you), but people do not listen and then they come here and make statements as if they are facts. If Irsay knew how many times he was misquoted on these boards he could spend the rest of his life in courts dealing with defamation lawsuits.

Actually he did say that which is part of the reason why he's looking for younger and upcoming guys who are good at evaluating talent. I think its you who wasn't paying attention or not listening.

Irsay himself said the search would start Monday Night and there have been several reports that Irsay has started calling around asking people to interview. Two reports I saw at work were that John Dorsey has declined a chance to talk to the Colts about the job and that the Colts have asked the Ravens permision to interview DeCosta. Just because there isn't major stories out there about the Colts yet doesn't mean nothing is happening. Also remember the Polians being fired caught most of the league off guard vs. a situation like the Raiders where people know that job was going to be open and people had probably thought about if they wanted to interview for that job or not.

hope he goes to the Bears so that will increase chances of getting someone outside the organization

While i'm sure that Telesco would be ok, i do agree with you...if we're going to get rid of the Polians, i would like to get someone completely different and start "fresh" as far as our gm/coaches/schemes etc

i do hope that we keep some of our guys, as far as players go, though. If healthy, i would NOT want to see Peyton playing for anyone but the Colts. that would just be heartbreaking to have to watch him winning games for some other team, when it could be us instead

Heard late last night on some sports channel that Fisher said he is only considering the fish or the rams ... guess Irsay has not been in contact with him.

Maybe he has been in contact but one or the other decided better opportunities lie elsewhere.