Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bose Presents: Better Never Quits - Chuck Pagano

Colt^2

Not really that mind boggling.  

When you have a GM who takes a WR in the first when we already have his experienced twin on the team and you need protection for your franchise QB, it's pretty easy to figure out.  When you have FA's that would help the team and you let them sign with Buffalo without reaching out, it isn't the coaches fault.

Basically, the past few drafts went like this, "Chuck, fix the team and here are some players that you might be able to use.  This one is really a DE in a 4-3 but try to use him on the OLB position even though he doesn't have much experience at it or at football in general.   There are some O-linemen and DT's available but get that out of your head."

When you have a GM who takes a WR in the first when we already have his experienced twin on the team and you need protection for your franchise QB, it's pretty easy to figure out. When you have FA's that would help the team and you let them sign with Buffalo without reaching out, it isn't the coaches fault.

Basically, the past few drafts went like this, "Chuck, fix the team and here are some players that you might be able to use. This one is really a DE in a 4-3 but try to use him on the OLB position even though he doesn't have much experience at it or at football in general. There are some O-linemen and DT's available but get that out of your head."

That's not it.

When you have a GM who takes a WR in the first when we already have his experienced twin on the team and you need protection for your franchise QB, it's pretty easy to figure out. When you have FA's that would help the team and you let them sign with Buffalo without reaching out, it isn't the coaches fault.

Basically, the past few drafts went like this, "Chuck, fix the team and here are some players that you might be able to use. This one is really a DE in a 4-3 but try to use him on the OLB position even though he doesn't have much experience at it or at football in general. There are some O-linemen and DT's available but get that out of your head."

Colts Roster >>>> Jags & Titans Roster

Never see them come out flat, nor do you see them getting blown out the way we do against top teams. Aside from their lost Sunday against NE, Jacksonville rarely gets blown out

But, guess that's Grigson's fault

Never see them come out flat, nor do you see them getting blown out the way we do against top teams. Aside from their lost Sunday against NE, Jacksonville rarely gets blown out

When you are at the bottom of the league the last 8 years you learn how not to lose bad. Just sayin.

When you have a GM who takes a WR in the first when we already have his experienced twin on the team and you need protection for your franchise QB, it's pretty easy to figure out.  When you have FA's that would help the team and you let them sign with Buffalo without reaching out, it isn't the coaches fault.

Basically, the past few drafts went like this, "Chuck, fix the team and here are some players that you might be able to use.  This one is really a DE in a 4-3 but try to use him on the OLB position even though he doesn't have much experience at it or at football in general.   There are some O-linemen and DT's available but get that out of your head."

I agree that we shouldn't have taken Dorsett.  However, let me ask you this.  If you were to go OL instead of taking Dorsett, since you claim we should have found protection for our franchise QB, who would you have taken?  The next OL taken was Donovan Smith at 34.  Then Mitch Morse at 49, and Jake Fisher at 53.  Taking any of those guys at 29 would have been a reach.

I agree that we shouldn't have taken Dorsett. However, let me ask you this. If you were to go OL instead of taking Dorsett, since you claim we should have found protection for our franchise QB, who would you have taken? The next OL taken was Donovan Smith at 34. Then Mitch Morse at 49, and Jake Fisher at 53. Taking any of those guys at 29 would have been a reach.

Mayock & Co. went bananas when Dallas took I believe it was Fredrick who was a "reach"....... paying off

Sometimes you gotta reach & ignore draft grades

Mayock & Co. went bananas when Dallas took I believe it was Fredrick who was a "reach"....... paying off

Sometimes you gotta reach & ignore draft grades

This is true.  I personally wouldn't have felt comfortable taking any of those guys at 29.  Ideally, we would have traded down (the Pats almost traded down with Houston).  It's all a moot point now, but Gwinnett claimed we should have gone OL at 29 and I don't think there were any prospects available then that would have been a good pick

This is true. I personally wouldn't have felt comfortable taking any of those guys at 29. Ideally, we would have traded down (the Pats almost traded down with Houston). It's all a moot point now, but Gwinnett claimed we should have gone OL at 29 and I don't think there were any prospects available then that would have been a good pick

I would've taken Landon Collins but Lowery is making me forget about him

We definitely should've traded back and collected a lot more picks. But guess Grigson thought otherwise. Really don't see a need for Dorsett. Could've got Greene from FSU in the late rounds and he would've sufficed just as well

I would've taken Landon Collins but Lowery is making me forget about him

We definitely should've traded back and collected a lot more picks. But guess Grigson thought otherwise. Really don't see a need for Dorsett. Could've got Greene from FSU in the late rounds and he would've sufficed just as well

In game 3 of his career,  Dorsett has already demonstrated his value.

You didn't see his touchdown catch?

I don't know what's going on with Andre Johnson,  but he's not delivering much.   And TYH is not 100%.    Dorsett's TD helped win the game.   

That demonstrated BPA.

Link:https://youtu.be/qrrgvq8OZPw

Just wanted to share a cool video I found. These guys really do love playing for Pags.

Thanks for sharing the link!

I don't have a single problem with it,  but there are some here -- I think of them as having Anger Management Issues -- who will see this and think Pagano is TOO CLOSE to his players and doesn't yell at them enough,  and the players should have some fear of losing their jobs,  etc....

They want a yeller and a screamer.

I think Pagano gets after his players plenty....   he just does it behind closed doors.    And that's one of the many reasons why players love playing for him.

In game 3 of his career,  Dorsett has already demonstrated his value.

I don't know what's going on with Andre Johnson,  but he's not delivering much.   And TYH is not 100%.    Dorsett's TD helped win the game.   

That demonstrated BPA.

One play in one game doesn't demonstrate his value.  If you go by that, then his net value would still be around 0, given how he botched 2 punt returns in one game.

One play in one game doesn't demonstrate his value.  If you go by that, then his net value would still be around 0, given how he botched 2 punt returns in one game.

I noted a key play for a pass receiver.

His issue with punt returns are separate to the matter.     If Dorsett never returns a punt for the Colts,  that doesn't mean he's a bad pick.

But if he's not a good receiver,  then it's a botched pick.

And the kid has shown he can be a good receiver.    He helped the Colts win a game.

In game 3 of his career, Dorsett has already demonstrated his value.

I don't know what's going on with Andre Johnson, but he's not delivering much. And TYH is not 100%. Dorsett's TD helped win the game.

That demonstrated BPA.

Greene from FSU could've made that catch I'm betting

I agree that we shouldn't have taken Dorsett.  However, let me ask you this.  If you were to go OL instead of taking Dorsett, since you claim we should have found protection for our franchise QB, who would you have taken?  The next OL taken was Donovan Smith at 34.  Then Mitch Morse at 49, and Jake Fisher at 53.  Taking any of those guys at 29 would have been a reach.

The OL issue is just an example but there were DT's available that we could have used. For OL, maybe Erving or Clemmings/OT or since the guard class was a little weak, we could have traded down....just a thought.  

I think for the most part I agree with your roster comparison with the exception of our O-line.  I think Jax MLB's are better. 

In regards to the coaching, I think Pagano is a decent head coach with poor coordinators.  I'm not sure if he picked them or they were thrown at him and he's had to deal with it.  

Why do so many people keep ripping the Dorsette pick? Do you people forget at the end of last season we had 2 guys who could get open with any consistency at all (Hilton and Moncrief)? So far in his young career Dorsette has shown he will be one of the steals of the 2015 draft, give the kid a break.

I agree that we shouldn't have taken Dorsett.  However, let me ask you this.  If you were to go OL instead of taking Dorsett, since you claim we should have found protection for our franchise QB, who would you have taken?  The next OL taken was Donovan Smith at 34.  Then Mitch Morse at 49, and Jake Fisher at 53.  Taking any of those guys at 29 would have been

if u question the dorsett pick then u dont know football or how the draft works...if u want 2 quesstion free agent pick ups or lack of drafting a h igh rounnd oine man fine ...but dorsett pick is irrelevant as he wa bpa...go b a jags fan cuz dorsett and the draft have zero 2 do wit r oline..smh go watch baseball

if u question the dorsett pick then u dont know football or how the draft works...if u want 2 quesstion free agent pick ups or lack of drafting a h igh rounnd oine man fine ...but dorsett pick is irrelevant as he wa bpa...go b a jags fan cuz dorsett and the draft have zero 2 do wit r oline..smh go watch baseball

I'm really doing my best to understand this post, but until you speak proper English, I'm afraid there's nothing I can do

Really don't see a need for Dorsett. Could've got Greene from FSU in the late rounds and he would've sufficed just as well

If you were to go OL instead of taking Dorsett, since you claim we should have found protection for our franchise QB, who would you have taken?  The next OL taken was Donovan Smith at 34.  Then Mitch Morse at 49, and Jake Fisher at 53.  Taking any of those guys at 29 would have been a reach.

not singling you out TK (while we might differ on many topics, I do thoroughly enjoy the majority of your posts lol) but using your quote towards my point... 

so many people say that drafting Dorsett was a bad pick....soooo many of said people also claim that Johnson needs benched for Dorsett....

you all see my point right?

TY, Donte......then Griff?...then nothing? lol

agreed with 21isSuperman....what OL could have been a solid pick at 29? other positions like DB, etc sure...but again...

you all see my point right? or I am just waaaaay off base here lol