Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck says he's '100 percent' to blame for Colts' struggles

RockThatBlue

I remember when we had Manning how confident I was that he would lead us to a win no matter how behind we were. Going into a game I always thought we had the upper hand with manning as our qb. I don't feel the same way about luck and I don't believe I ever will. Luck should be a lot better in his fourth season. Looks like he's is regressing.

idk, to me that is a very slippery slope....dangerously slippery...

rapport or not...would you go to your companies regional manager and demand what YOU want to do in regards to YOUR job that THEY are paying and hired you for?

def in your 1,2,3,4th year on the job?....

kinda sets a precedent for potential future front office personnel- I dont care what you want to do or could bring here...what Andrew says goes and thats it...

who would take that job and be happy about it?...would any of the head coach dream lists that have been so prevalent on these boards...would any of them agree to that?

im not guna pretend to know whats best....but a slipper slope that seems

I think its how you say it! Hey this isn't working lets try this works well, or I would like to try this. Whatever we were trying DIFFIDENTLY didn't work!

I think its how you say it! Hey this isn't working lets try this works well, or I would like to try this. Whatever we were trying DIFFIDENTLY didn't work!

I def agree it matters how its said. The quote I was commenting on was a little on the demanding side, hence my comments; however this is trivial

What were trying has not worked, agreed. And I'd believe there for sure has been conversations similar to: hey lets try this, and what about that...

I just watched Pep's press conference. He too, took a lot of the blame for the offensive struggles. He admitted that his game plan did not get the TEs in the best position to contribute. He admitted that he knew that the Bills and Jest were going to blitz heavily and he didn't plan well against it. He also said that he had not done a good job of play calling, which put Andrew in tough positions, especially calling on him to bail them out of long down and distance situations.

Pep did have a good point that the offensive penalties put them in really difficult, 1st and 20 situations, which got them away from their game plan. Pep wanted to establish the run. Gore gained plenty of yards but much of them were negated by penalties. This led to Luck having to throw more against a very talented defense.

It seems that both Pep and Luck have received harsh criticism this week. They both have taken the blame (rightfully so) and are looking for redemption.

I just watched Pep's press conference. He too, took a lot of the blame for the offensive struggles. He admitted that his game plan did not get the TEs in the best position to contribute. He admitted that he knew that the Bills and Jest were going to blitz heavily and he didn't plan well against it. He also said that he had not done a good job of play calling, which put Andrew in tough positions, especially calling on him to bail them out of long down and distance situations.

Pep did have a good point that the offensive penalties put them in really difficult, 1st and 20 situations, which got them away from their game plan. Pep wanted to establish the run. Gore gained plenty of yards but much of them were negated by penalties. This led to Luck having to throw more against a very talented defense.

It seems that both Pep and Luck have received harsh criticism this week. They both have taken the blame (rightfully so) and are looking for redemption.

Good get it done, I personally think its Pep!

I remember when we had Manning how confident I was that he would lead us to a win no matter how behind we were. Going into a game I always thought we had the upper hand with manning as our qb. I don't feel the same way about luck and I don't believe I ever will. Luck should be a lot better in his fourth season. Looks like he's is regressing.

I get your drift, but Peyton had a bumpy 4th year (6-10 season) the year edge got hurt

Thats awfully nice of Andrew to put it on his own shoulders.. He's a smart guy. I think he knows it is the thing to do. However, it's a very risky play especially if you're not calling the shots as far as play calls are concerned..

I could see Manning doing this since was essentially the OC, but I don't think Andrew has near the same type of pull with Pep. 

Andrew can play better for sure, but game management as it relates to play calling and down and distance is doing him absolutely no favors..