Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kicker we might want to try out if Vinny retires

If they are undrafted FA's sure

Most kickers are. . . if not they are drafted in like the 7th round.  

Think he might be someone to consider because in my experience most college kickers don't have that kind of leg on them to even get the ball 57 yards in a game situation.  Much less to put it between the uprights in a pressure kick.  

I would imagine that Boomstick will get the first chance to replace Vinny.

No I think they will have a place kicker.  

Boomstick get's hurt in a game and you have no one on the roster who has any idea of how to kick or punt the ball.  

I'm sure he'll still be doing kick-offs etc but there is a reason they havn't tried it at all.  

No I think they will have a place kicker.  

Boomstick get's hurt in a game and you have no one on the roster who has any idea of how to kick or punt the ball.  

I'm sure he'll still be doing kick-offs etc but there is a reason they havn't tried it at all.  

Boomstick practices and hits very long FGs in camp and practice. He is very capable of kicking FGs. That is what he done in college. How often does a place kicker get hurt in a game? I have no clue if the Colts are interested in having Pat kick FGs but he sure practices them a lot.

Boomstick practices and hits very long FGs in camp and practice. He is very capable of kicking FGs. That is what he done in college. How often does a place kicker get hurt in a game? I have no clue if the Colts are interested in having Pat kick FGs but he sure practices them a lot.

Ask the Steelers how many place kickers get hurt in a game

He was 58 of 79 on field goal attempts in college...That's 73.4%....That's not a good field goal kicker endorsement, Also kicking a field goal in practice and doing it in a stadium full of 75,000 or so people is obviously 2 different things as Im sure you know...But still to me that's bad roster management...Keeping 1 kicker/punter

He was 58 of 79 on field goal attempts in college...That's 73.4%....That's not a good field goal kicker endorsement, Also kicking a field goal in practice and doing it in a stadium full of 75,000 or so people is obviously 2 different things as Im sure you know...But still to me that's bad roster management...Keeping 1 kicker/punter

Where in my comment did I say or suggest that Pat be the only kicker on the team? You jumped to that conclusion on your own. I said he could handle FGs, that's all. Please Gavin, don't do what the media does and add your own spin?  haha

I would imagine that Boomstick will get the first chance to replace Vinny.

How else do you read this post? It says Pat will get first chance to replace Vinny. He may well but it will be big problem if he gets hurt as others have pointed out we would be without a P or a K.

Fair warning I'm a Hawkeye fan so I'm a bit biased.  

But Iowa's Marshall Koehn just connected on a 57 yard field goal on Saturday to win the game that looked like it had plenty of leg on it.

He struggled a bit last year but has started this year off nicely. 4 for 4 including the 57 and a 49 yarder. He also has one career punt for 64 yards.

As for being a Hawkeye fan I am so sorry. My best friend is from Iowa and has lived through some heart ache, This guy's son is named Hayden. The year they were up 20 in the Elite Eight at the half on the UNLV team that was loaded and blew it in the 2nd half in bball then the Orange Bowl devastation to USC. He was at both of those games. You have a good coach down there I am surprised Ferentz has stuck around. He has had to have had bigger offers.

I think he practices them just in case AV gets hurt in a game (he's been injured before) or we have a chance to win with a really long field goal.

To be fair kickers with low college % turn out to be better in the pros all the time. Often times it's a change in style. I remember Blair Walsh had a very low college FG% and the next year had a phenomenal rookie season. The Jags rookie kicker this year, same story.

I think he practices them just in case AV gets hurt in a game (he's been injured before) or we have a chance to win with a really long field goal.

I know that. I just make a simple comment that maybe Pat would kick FGs and it's like I get attacked. Some members just are ready to argue and take issue over anything that they think of.