Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Romo reportedly has broken collar bone

amfootball

The guy threw 73 yards. And if you understand football at all then you realize that game planning goes both ways, surely. The Eagles lost by ten points, they aren't automatically losing the division today.

Did you watch the game? I don't care how many yards Wheden threw. The play calling was excellent as they had efficient passing mixed with a decent run game. Meanwhile the Eagles run offense was pathetic for a second straight week.. as was their offense as a whole for 7 of the 8 quarters this season.

Did you watch the game? I don't care how many yards Wheden threw. The play calling was excellent as they had efficient passing mixed with a decent run game. Meanwhile the Eagles run offense was pathetic for a second straight week.. as was their offense as a whole for 7 of the 8 quarters this season.

Remember when people were calling for eventual MVP Tom Brady's head back after a loss to the Chiefs last year? I do.

----------------Point

Your Head

Not really. You're comparing a team that has dominated the league for a decade going through a rough stretch to a team that has been mediocre for a long time and you have no idea if they will be good or not. Bradford is not Brady. Kelly is not Bellichek.

Not really. You're comparing a team that has dominated the league for a decade going through a rough stretch to a team that has been mediocre for a long time and you have no idea if they will be good or not. Bradford is not Brady. Kelly is not Bellichek.

I'm not comparing anything. I swear I have to bang my head against the walls dealing with some of you on here sometimes. Point is that anything can happen. For any team. Remember that Giants team that limped into the playoffs as a wild card? Won the Super Bowl. Remember that Seattle team playing against the best offense in the NFL with a second-year QB at the helm? Won the Super Bowl. If you don't get what I'm saying then you're not trying hard enough, and that's your problem.

I'm not comparing anything. I swear I have to bang my head against the walls dealing with some of you on here sometimes. Point is that anything can happen. For any team. Remember that Giants team that limped into the playoffs as a wild card? Won the Super Bowl. Remember that Seattle team playing against the best offense in the NFL with a second-year QB at the helm? Won the Super Bowl. If you don't get what I'm saying then you're not trying hard enough, and that's your problem.

Ok cool. So you can pick the Eagles to still run away with the division. I will stick with not trusting the Eagles and having more faith in a team with a crazy good offensive line which gives Wheden easy throws and a great running game.

You keep dreaming that the Texans will have a top 5 defense. I will continue to laugh at that statement.

I get it. Anything can happen. We all have opinions.

Ok cool. So you can pick the Eagles to still run away with the division. I will stick with not trusting the Eagles and having more faith in a team with a crazy good offensive line which gives Wheden easy throws and a great running game.

You keep dreaming that the Texans will have a top 5 defense. I will continue to laugh at that statement.

I get it. Anything can happen. We all have opinions.

Lol I already knew it, this comes down to me being a Texan fan once again. You just had to squeeze in something that has nothing to do with what the hell we were talking about. It's two games in kid. There's a long season ahead.

Speaking of teams protecting their QB and giving him time to throw, I'll continue laughing at you too whenever you mention the Colts having a first class offense. Andrew is a sitting duck out there.

Lol I already knew it, this comes down to me being a Texan fan once again. You just had to squeeze in something that has nothing to do with what the hell we were talking about. It's two games in kid. There's a long season ahead.

Speaking of teams protecting their QB and giving him time to throw, I'll continue laughing at you too whenever you mention the Colts winning the division. Andrew is a sitting duck out there.

I am looking forward to our matchups this season actually. With Watt and Clowney to go against. It wont be easy. Historically the Colts own the Texans and even in the Luck era, Luck's teams are 5-1 vs the Texans so it all hasn't been Peyton. Having said that, that is the past. You guys are 0-2 so far so that isn't the ideal start.

I am looking forward to our matchups this season actually. With Watt and Clowney to go against. It wont be easy. Historically the Colts own the Texans and even in the Luck era, Luck's teams are 5-1 vs the Texans so it all hasn't been Peyton. Having said that, that is the past. You guys are 0-2 so far so that isn't the ideal start.

Nope. 0-2 is never ideal. It's the way the losses happened though that sucks the most. The offense will get used to Mallett eventually, leading to less dropped passes, and Arian could be back as soon as next week. Then maybe the defense won't have to be on the field three quarters out of a game. Big credit to Cam though, I've always said the guy is the real deal.

Nope. 0-2 is never ideal. It's the way the losses happened though that sucks the most. The offense will get used to Mallett eventually, leading to less dropped passes, and Arian could be back as soon as next week. Then maybe the defense won't have to be on the field three quarters out of a game. Big credit to Cam though, I've always said the guy is the real deal.

2 games don't make a season that's for sure. Colts started 0-2 last season and got to the Championship Game. After about Week 6 or 7 is when you usually get a feel on who's going to be good and who's going to be bad. Around Week 12 is usually when you know who the SB contenders are.

2 games don't make a season that's for sure. Colts started 0-2 last season and got to the Championship Game. After about Week 6 or 7 is when you usually get a feel on who's going to be good and who's going to be bad. Around Week 12 is usually when you know who the SB contenders are.

Yep agree wholeheartedly. I'm just enjoying having football back again, records aren't really factoring in for me yet. They are definitely important but yeah, still early.

Yep agree wholeheartedly. I'm just enjoying having football back again, records aren't really factoring in for me yet. They are definitely important but yeah, still early.

Yep. Football is the best by far. Glad it's back. Ideally by Week 7 the goal should be 4-3 if you start 0-2. 4-3 puts a team in a decent position to make the Playoffs usually % wise, 5-3 really does. When the Colts started 0-2 last season I was just hoping they could be 5-3 by the midway point and they were exactly that. That helped them down the road. 

Speaking of teams protecting their QB and giving him time to throw, I'll continue laughing at you too whenever you mention the Colts having a first class offense. Andrew is a sitting duck out there.

We were talking about anything being able to happen. You said it will be even easier for the Eagles to control the division completely taking the Cowboys out of the equation even though they are already up 2.5 games. Then you tried to make the statement that the Cowboys should have drafted Johnny Manziel who had 8 completions over an all pro guard.I just tried to say don't count the Cowboys out and you're hypocritical self is now trying to say "anything can happen" and comparing the Eagles to the Pats last year even though you say you aren't. So don't act like I'm ignorant to what you're saying or I'm trying to change the subject.

We were talking about anything being able to happen. You said it will be even easier for the Eagles to control the division completely taking the Cowboys out of the equation even though they are already up 2.5 games. Then you tried to make the statement that the Cowboys should have drafted Johnny Manziel who had 8 completions over an all pro guard.I just tried to say don't count the Cowboys out and you're hypocritical self is now trying to say "anything can happen" and comparing the Eagles to the Pats last year even though you say you aren't. So don't act like I'm ignorant to what you're saying or I'm trying to change the subject.

Wow. You're lost...that much is clear. Twist my words and misunderstand me as much as you want. I'm done arguing about trivial silliness.

Go Eagles!

• 4 weeks later...

Sooo...how about those Eagles? :)