Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore (+5) @ Denver (9-13-15)

oldunclemark

CBS - 4:25 p.m. Upper 80s, light winds in Denver.....over-under 50

Denver will be without Derek Wolfe and safety TJ Ward (suspensions)

Emmanuel Sanders hasn't played in the pre-season but is said to be ready..

Baltimore TE Dennis Pitta is on the PUP list but WR Steve Smith (79 catches for 1,065 yards) and HB Justin

Forsett (235 for 1,266 yards) are set to go..

..Ex Bronco Elvis Dumervill - DE had 17 sacks for Baltimore last year..

Ex-Raven TE Owen Daniels (48 catches, 527 yards) and ex-Phily guard Evan Mathis make debuts for Denver..

Peyton Manning (395 of 597, 4,727, 39 TDs, 15 INTs) needs 309 yards for 70,000 career yards, 2nd all-time

another really good week one matchup. Denver wants to run the ball better but can they block Balt's front?

Joe Flacco (344 of 555, 3,986 yards, 27 TDs) was only sacked 19 times last year but Denver, with new d-coordinator Wade Phillips, had 24 sacks in the pre-season...

... debut of new Denver coach Gary Kubiak ...

Last 2 meetings were 49-27 Denver and 38-35 Baltimore. This should be high scoring.

The altitude and the heat might come into play here and that means ....'over' .//to me...

But Peyton only played 3 quarters in the pre-season in a new offense...which says 'slow start'

5 is a little high....'Over' is the best bet..

They won't run the ball if they can't run the ball lol! I believe they can but Baltimore won't give to them like NE did Pitt (seriously, how did they never lead that game?). Obviously we know very little about Peyton. This isn't the same Baltimore team that won a SB but like I said...give it away they will not. I think it'll be a typical week 1 game. Whose idea was it to schedule all the good games in week 1 lol!

They won't run the ball if they can't run the ball lol! I believe they can but Baltimore won't give to them like NE did Pitt (seriously, how did they never lead that game?). Obviously we know very little about Peyton. This isn't the same Baltimore team that won a SB but like I said...give it away they will not. I think it'll be a typical week 1 game. Whose idea was it to schedule all the good games in week 1 lol!

BC..I'm hearing you..I don't know if Denver can run on Baltimore's front 7..and Peyton just hasn't played much so far.

..and 90 degrees in Denver in September....What's going on?

I think this is one of the most interesting matchups of week 1. Manning has historically owned the Ravens but now he is running a new offense so we will see it goes but I still expect him to take advantage of the Ravens secondary. His Oline will be the bigger issue protecting him. This will be a good test for them.

I really don't see the Ravens offense doing much vs the Denver defense. We will see which Flacco shows up but I don't see him lightning it up at all with his receiving corp this year.

I think Denver wins by 7-10. In reality I hope they crush the Ravens leaving them and the Steelers at 0-1.

I am not too thrilled to see Peyton dropping back with that make shift OL and a rookie trying to block Suggs and Dumervill.....whut wo. I think the offense will be a work in progress for Denver...a little of the new stuff and some of Peytons shot gun stuff to give him time to throw. 18-16 Broncos

Denver's overall defense is playing outstanding. Good riddance to "rush 4, never change" Del Rio who is having a great debut in Oakland.

Apart from Sanders, Denver's offense is flat and that includes Peyton.

I was just thinking about the talk last year..so much pressure from Denver..the pick is the difference so far

DEN's D came to play. As fast as they've played they could easily have more turnovers.

In spite of the offense being flat, the D could carry the team if it plays like this each week. God help the NFL if the offense gets clicking, but I don't think it will. Manning is as "good" as he's going to get. The O-line may improve, but we'll see.

and my man Del Rio is down 24-0

Some said he'd have success in Oakland and I laughed them out of the thread.

Oakland is where  great careers go to die. What do you think happens to BAD careers that go there? 

I admittedly did not watch the OAK game, but I'd love to see if 90% of the D snaps are the "rush 4 wonder."