Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Duron Cater Plays More Smooth In Last Preseason Game.

Lawrence Owen

Duron not only caught passes, but showed what he can do with a well placed pass while he is in stride.

He also make a back shoulder catch that would have made Reggie proud.

Seems like he is getting more comfortable, and just having fun playing than worrying about the little things.  If he stays in this mode, he will be a good contributor.

Duron not only caught passes, but showed what he can do with a well placed pass while he is in stride.

He also make a back shoulder catch that would have made Reggie proud.

Seems like he is getting more comfortable, and just having fun playing than worrying about the little things.  If he stays in this mode, he will be a good contributor.

I think the coaches must have told him..."You are on this team....settle down...and show us what you can really do."  He was a totally different player out there.  Granted, he was not playing against any strong press coverage.  That played into it as well.  All in all a great night to watch Duron!!

I thought Duron played well overall.  Some mistakes here and there such as running his route short of the first down marker on one of those sideline catches. Also running an out route against press coverage instead of doing a sight adjustment and going with the fade.  It was a single high safety look and he and Bennett were clearly on different pages.  Bennett was expecting him to run the fade.  All in all you could see from last nights game what Duron Carter could be and it was positive. He'll definitely make the team.

It's hard to look good with Hasselbeck and Bennett as your quarterbacks so kudos to him.

Yes and for example towards the end of the 4th quarter, the 3rd down play where Bennett throws at Duron but hits him at the knees. Ouch... That would have been a score if it was thrown higher.

He was also playing against guys that will be posting on the forums next week.

He was a bit, but not the whole game. He is our #5 WR and he was going against the Bengals #4 and #5 corners. So for what he will be doing for our team he was matched up on the right competition level.

Not sure what you guys are seeing. He didn't look good at all. Dropped passes. Missed routes. 1 good catch and a couple of others but way more misses than positives

Shame too because he has the measurable a to be a star.

Not sure what you are seeing either? I am not saying he is going to be the next Andre Johnson, but he had a very solid game last night. There was mistakes, but I thought he showed a lot more promise than any other receiver last night.

Not sure what you are seeing either? I am not saying he is going to be the next Andre Johnson, but he had a very solid game last night. There was mistakes, but I thought he showed a lot more promise than any other receiver last night.

FO agrees with me.....   Carter did not earn anything

FO agrees with me.....   Carter did not earn anything

Never said he earned anything, I thought you was talking about the Bengals game so was I. Many people thought he had a solid game that game and I agreed. I never said whether it was enough to make the roster or not. I figured he would of been the 5th receiver, but Whalen makes more sense giving his STs playing abilities. I really could care less one way or another.