Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Varga

RockThatBlue

no he doesn't. That's absurd. He has bottom of the roster written all over him. He has out of the league in 2 years written all over him

Maybe he is cut from this team in two years and he goes somewhere else, because of what they draft in. Outside of Gore, & Robinson, Varga is a upgrade from what they had last year But we will see, (point taken).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see what happens with Varga.  I'm going back a couple of years, but he reminds me so much of when we had that running back out of Colorado St .  His name was Kevin Mcdougal and he was actually a very good college running back.  They just seem similar and I have to be honest when I say I never liked Mcdougal.  He ran like he had garbage in his pants or something that was slowing him down.  He was eventually cut from Colts(didn't last long).  I'm optimistic Varga will turn out better, but I just can't get it out of my head. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I have to admit I'm a Varga fan now!  Kid can play. Fits our scheme pretty well

You are all looking at highlights and stats that are a bi-product of the environment created by the OC and DC and the opposing OC and DC. I look at athletic ability and potential .... just happens to be football. Varga is prime example of this. We missed the boat on Toure and Hodges and now I see we have Tipton back in the hood. All I can do is shake my head on that one and say that those that are evaluating athletic ability in this organization should probably check their ego and racial beliefs and then go do something else.

I also see a lot of finger pointing at the OL. Well, well guess what? .... anyone still think we are going to have a 1000 yard rusher? My estimate of 500-600 for Frankie Boy looks pretty close just about now. The reason our OL is bad is not because they are athletically bad. They are bad by design. If 80% of the time they are pass blocking (which is a defensive posture), how does anyone expect them to be good run blockers (which is an aggressive/attacking thing to do)? Not going to happen. You are either a sheep or a wolf and there are no sheepwolves! Basically, the point is "we are soft". Passing is a soft thing to do and no one can say that it is as gratifying to win by passing as it is when you just smash the crap out of the opponent physically! This is football not fairy dancing. We just keep bringing in more rinky dink size receivers and fantasize that this is manly football. Pleeezzzz! Time for a culture change!

Edited by SteelCityColt