Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any Colts Fans In Phoenix, Az?

drrobert6

I'm a Hoosier that moved out to Phoenix back in 2010. I attended the Colts/Cardinals game in 2013 and there was a huge Indy fan base there. Colts jersey's everywhere! This year I see the Colts are looking for booster clubs for folks living outside Indiana...but yet no fan club in Phoenix. 

There was an article in AZ central that mentioned that there wasn't any Colts bar's in the Phoenix area which comes as a big surprise to me. (Link below)

(http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/dining/2014/09/15/phoenix-nfl-bars-by-team/15538123/)

So long story short...looking for other Colts fans to find a bar we can congregate for the games and socialize. I've contacted the Colts about starting a Booster club, but they have not got back to me...so now I'm taking it to the message boards to do this on our own. 

Looking to pick a bar in Central Phoenix that is central to everyone in the Valley (i'm in N. Phoenix). Hope to hear back from enough of you to make this happen. 

Hit me up Colts fans...let's start a presence here!

Go Colts!

P.S. - Also big time Pacers & IndyCar fan...

Hey there...Phoenix Hoosier here. Would love to get together with some Colts fans sometime soon. I've been out here since 2007 and have not found many of us here! I live near the Biltmore area, so I frequent the Half Moon or Zipps for games.

Drop me a line if you're up for a game.

Sorry, but I only WISH I still lived there.  Moved to N. Phoenix back in '97 near the Paradise Valley Mall (if it's still there).  Moved back in 2001 after the birth of my first child.  We always said we'd move back to Indy when we had kids and we kept our promise.  But it's been a while.  That was when Manning was just getting going and there weren't too many Colts fans at the time, but I remember meeting a few (maybe one of you folks?).  I can only imagine how many more Colts fans there are out there now.  Used to go to a place in the N. Scottsdale area but can't remember the name.  Was a pretty nice place though.

But that is how I got my name.  Been using it since '97 in some form or another, not just here but other places also.  If I were still there I'd be glad to help you get a fan club started.

As a lifelong Colts fan -- and a long life at that -- I can tell you we are a nation of bandwagoners. There were many years pre-Manning during the dark days of Bob Irsay, I seldom ever saw anyone wearing Colts gear much less Colts fans gathered at local bars. It is a bit better now that we have seen 15 years of Luck and Manning -- at least here in Chandler -- but most of the bars seem to be crowded with the usual suspects: Cowboys, Packers, Steelers and Bears and of course Cardinals fans.

Hey Colts fans, sorry for the late response to everyone. I had thought I'd set up my account to e-mail when I got a post reply and just figured no one had responded. Anyway, thanks to all for your suggestions on the bars, it looks like we'll be checking out the Zipps & Thirsty Lion and see how those look on game day. I see that someone started a fan club in Germany, so if they can get one going, surely we can. (and don't call me shirly!).

As a lifelong Colts fan -- and a long life at that -- I can tell you we are a nation of bandwagoners. There were many years pre-Manning during the dark days of Bob Irsay, I seldom ever saw anyone wearing Colts gear much less Colts fans gathered at local bars. It is a bit better now that we have seen 15 years of Luck and Manning -- at least here in Chandler -- but most of the bars seem to be crowded with the usual suspects: Cowboys, Packers, Steelers and Bears and of course Cardinals fans.

It's good to see you've carried the torch out here all those years. Anybody that can remember the days of Jack Trudeau or Art Schlicter (even Jeff George) knows we had a lot frogs before we got the glory days of Manning & Luck. I had to endure plenty of games in Indy where we were not very good at all, then I move away and they get Manning (and now Luck)...go figure. 

Hey there...Phoenix Hoosier here. Would love to get together with some Colts fans sometime soon. I've been out here since 2007 and have not found many of us here! I live near the Biltmore area, so I frequent the Half Moon or Zipps for games.

Drop me a line if you're up for a game.

Thanks AZINPHX. Trying to work it out to come out for Monday night. it looks like, you,  Leggo & Finch23 all go to Zipps...so that may be a good place to start. 

• 1 month later...

colts fans ,,,,,thank you thank you....i have been trying so hard to find a colts fan bar.....hope to hit it up on sunday with my father who is a colts fan from the Baltimore days

Hey Tbonus22, thanks for the response! Trying to get something going at the The Thirsty Lion for an "official Colts" bar and got the team to recognize the AZ chapter of the fan club to use this location...so we hope to see you there in your colors cheering with us! 

• 3 weeks later...

Nice goin!  Sorta wish I was still out there.  But then going to games would be much tougher.  Keep it up!

I totally envy the lucky ones such as yourself who get the luxury of seeing the Colts at home. Not been fortunate enough to make it to Lucas....when I was in Indy there was still the Dome! I guess on the flip side I have a much better winter! :)

Thanks for the support, if you make it back out this way, come out and join us for some "home cooking" 

That's awesome. Don't live in Arizona but I commend you for what you're doing. Keep it up my colts nation brothers. Anybody that tries to help expand colts nation is to be praised.

Thank you! I know any Colt fan living out of town would do the same. It's pretty awesome walking into the The Thirsty Lion out here and seeing a big sign saying "Welcome Colts Fans" and know your 1700 miles away from home!

Hey Colts fans in Phoenix, we will be out trying to sign people up for the Phoenix Colts Club on Nov 22 at the Thirsty Lion in Scottsdale. Come on out and cheer with other Colts fans. We will be giving away some swag at the bar that was donated by the team for those that sign up . 

Good food, make friends with Colts fans, and great football....what else do you need! 

I started a similar thread for this awhile back on the miscellaneous forum. I'm from Mesa. I'll try to make it out to the Thirsty Lion on the 22nd. I was also at the 2013 Colts/Cardinals game.

Cool, good minds think alike! We were at that game as well, had 2nd row end zone seats, sure wish the Colts had shown up that day. That game is what gave me the idea to pursue this, so many fans in Blue that day. See you on the 22nd. 

It's good to see you've carried the torch out here all those years. Anybody that can remember the days of Jack Trudeau or Art Schlicter (even Jeff George) knows we had a lot frogs before we got the glory days of Manning & Luck. I had to endure plenty of games in Indy where we were not very good at all, then I move away and they get Manning (and now Luck)...go figure. 

Way to represent! Yeah if everyone could've witnessed the Mike Pagel, Art Schlicter, Jack Trudeau days they wouldn't never complain about Andrew. The Jeff George days were bad too. Really Chris Chandler is about the only decent QB we had up until Harbaugh came in. Your dog looks just like my neighbors dog. Those are cool dogs to own. Big but very friendly. 

Way to represent! Yeah if everyone could've witnessed the Mike Pagel, Art Schlicter, Jack Trudeau days they wouldn't never complain about Andrew. The Jeff George days were bad too. Really Chris Chandler is about the only decent QB we had up until Harbaugh came in. Your dog looks just like my neighbors dog. Those are cool dogs to own. Big but very friendly. 

I got the luxury of watching Jeff George knock out my high school football AND basketball teams in the same season in the playoffs. When I lived in Indy, I'd run into Jeff at nightclubs some times, even when he played for the Colts and he always enjoyed when I'd tell him that story. He might not have been the best pro-QB for us, but he was always cordial when I approached him. The dog is my "official" team mascot, conveniently named Colt. I like to think he's a fan. :)

• 7 months later...
On 6/24/2016 at 4:31 PM, Finch23 said:

I'll be moving to San Diego at the end of the month. Any other SoCal Colts fans?

No I don't know any Colts fans out there, but love to see Blue invasion of the Chargers home turf...hate the Chargers! :thmdown:

Hey all...put a new Facebook page together for the Fan club here in Phoenix. Link to us at

https://www.facebook.com/Phxcoltsclub-1627648224216371/

or if you prefer Twitter

@PhxColtsClub

Still sorting out a venue for the 2016-2017 season. Last year we were at the Thirsty Lion in Scottsdale, but open to something a little more central for everyone. If you have a good bar you know of that is central Phoenix that is open to showing the Colts games, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Indy residence here but I really like the brian storming and ideas in this thread!!  

Thanks, like the profile pic. lol...

Yeah, just trying to build a group out here. Lots of transplants and some (like the Steelers) have a huge following out here and a bar with lots of fans, I'm trying to do the same.

25 minutes ago, drrobert6 said:

Thanks, like the profile pic. lol...

Yeah, just trying to build a group out here. Lots of transplants and some (like the Steelers) have a huge following out here and a bar with lots of fans, I'm trying to do the same.

I like the sound of that!  Hopefully it picks up some steam!