Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Saw Jerry Hughes Make A Play!

oldunclemark

He definatly needs to have a position change for the 2012 season and be our pass rushing OLB. He was better suited as a 3-4 LB coming out of the draft anyways so what could it hurt trying him at this position? Having 3 pass rushers on the field at the same time in Freeney, Mathis, and Hughes would give offenses fits.

I hope whomever we hire as our DC realizes this.

He definatly needs to have a position change for the 2012 season and be our pass rushing OLB. He was better suited as a 3-4 LB coming out of the draft anyways so what could it hurt trying him at this position? Having 3 pass rushers on the field at the same time in Freeney, Mathis, and Hughes would give offenses fits.

I hope whomever we hire as our DC realizes this.

Its hard to do a 3-4 transition, but very possible. First we would be set at MLB we could do Angerer, Brackett, or Conner. Second we would need to get a NT, a good desision would be to get Ta'amu in the draft or get Soliai or Poua in FA, Moala just isnt fit at NT. Third we would need to resign Brayton and Anderson to start at DE, they have the tools and size to be a 3-4 DE, and they posess a good inside pass rush and run stopping power, Nevis and Foster could work at 3-4 DE also. Last put Mathis, Freeney, and Hughes as rotational OLBs.

This is the key to a 3-4 transtion

A 3-4 is no better than a 4-3. With so much attention spent on offense, it's actually a liability, because you just can't afford the players necessary to make it work. Pittsburgh has to constantly draft D-linemen, for example. The Patriots are always trying to acquire more LB's and DB's, yet their D is awful. The Packers are lucky they are outscoring everyone, because they've given up more yards than anyone. Eventually, someone is going to hold their offense down just enough...

A 3-4 is hard in the pass-happy league, because LB's and Safeties get stuck on WR's and TE's and lose those match ups all day.

If we were going to make the switch, I'd want it to be after Peyton leaves.

He only made the play because he blew his assignment and happened to be in position due to his own error.

Lets be fair to Jerry..

His job is not to let anyone outside of him and he didnt...

He ALMOST blew his assignment..

But he made the play.

Admit it, YOU SAW JERRY HUGHES MAKE A PLAY!!!

Dont be ashamed of saying it..

I SAW that. :rock: Fine play. A DE chasing down a running back is excellent in its own right, wrestling down Drew from behind is a whole different challenge - as shown on the final running play of the game. It's nice to end the season with a positive thought in mind about him.

Other fine individual defensive plays: Bethea stopping Drew head on - unbelievable. Fisher saving a TD coming from way off the play. Mathis causing the fumble (I sure hope that he resigns). I think that there was another one - trying to recall.

I SAW that. :rock: Fine play. A DE chasing down a running back is excellent in its own right, wrestling down Drew from behind is a whole different challenge - as shown on the final running play of the game. It's nice to end the season with a positive thought in mind about him.

Other fine individual defensive plays: Bethea stopping Drew head on - unbelievable. Fisher saving a TD coming from way off the play. Mathis causing the fumble (I sure hope that he resigns). I think that there was another one - trying to recall.

I'm glad you mentioned that...

I thought Bethea had NO CHANCE to keep MJD out of the end zone..but he did..

..and Mathis caused and recovered the fumble../Got to resign him.....He wont require Reggie money

Our offense still sucks..but our 'D' improved after the NE game...

I think Jerry Hughes would be a great palyer but how can the kid make play when he hardly plays a down becuase he on the second string roster spot of to Hall of Famers. Not his fault he has the bad luck of the draw it all freaking Polian fault for eating a bunch of stupid pills before the draft.