Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It Turned Out To Be A Good Year After All [Merge]

AlanNC

dealing andrew luck would be like dealing john elway --- he is a sure thing on most accounts --- i remember elways first game as a bronco vs. the steelers and there was this really young guy doing the game (bob costas), and these really old guys playing for the steelers (franco harris, etc), and one of the broadcasters kept saying elway might not being showing much today vs. a good steelers team but he has all the tools.

Andrew Luck has all the tools and you do NOT deal him away.

dealing andrew luck would be like dealing john elway --- he is a sure thing on most accounts --- i remember elways first game as a bronco vs. the steelers and there was this really young guy doing the game (bob costas), and these really old guys playing for the steelers (franco harris, etc), and one of the broadcasters kept saying elway might not being showing much today vs. a good steelers team but he has all the tools.

Andrew Luck has all the tools and you do NOT deal him away.

I dont know anything about him but if he's that good..yeah ya keep him.

The Colts front office will do their own evaluation of all the QB prospects. If they agree with the general opinion of Luck, you'd have to think that they'll take him. You don't pass on a rare talent.

On the other hand if they DON'T share that opinion, and feel that he's overrated, and other teams (with lousy front offices) start knocking on the door with outrageous trade deals, then the smart move is to trade the pick. So the question is whether or not you trust the front office to make the evaluation. I do.

As someone else here pointed out recently, some of those "down the road" first round picks obtained in a trade could be the one eventually used on a replacement QB, because the teams making the massive offers tend to be the types of teams who are so foolish that they aren't likely to turn things around that quickly anyway - even with Luck. And a QB drafted in 2014 will have a lot less bench sitting to do before Peyton is ready to retire.

All this is assuming that Peyton is health of course. If he is not, then the priority in this draft is the best QB available.

The Colts front office will do their own evaluation of all the QB prospects. If they agree with the general opinion of Luck, you'd have to think that they'll take him. You don't pass on a rare talent.

On the other hand if they DON'T share that opinion, and feel that he's overrated, and other teams (with lousy front offices) start knocking on the door with outrageous trade deals, then the smart move is to trade the pick. So the question is whether or not you trust the front office to make the evaluation. I do.

As someone else here pointed out recently, some of those "down the road" first round picks obtained in a trade could be the one eventually used on a replacement QB, because the teams making the massive offers tend to be the types of teams who are so foolish that they aren't likely to turn things around that quickly anyway - even with Luck. And a QB drafted in 2014 will have a lot less bench sitting to do before Peyton is ready to retire.

All this is assuming that Peyton is health of course. If he is not, then the priority in this draft is the best QB available.

i agree there will be other qbs coming in future drafts, and remember brady was a 6 rounder

You only get two games based on your record and it looks like we may play sd in one of them. so forget that.

Well Cleveland is a guarantee win. If we came in first this year, we would go up against the Broncos and the Steelers. Two tougher games. It helps a bit.

yeah I agree. FO should be able to analyze this better than what fans know. Assuming they do the right thing which is keep him if he is that good (don't trade you berst chess piece) and he could still be traded later once a picture is more clear on other things. If he's a bust..oh well..not much lost.

I just wante dus to play hard and try to win against jacksonville..

We did..we just lost. MJD beat us as he has before...

Orlovsky stayed out there and threw 40 times...He took a licking and kept on ticking...

...and we get the No.1 choice.....

..and Andrew Luck can start looking for condos in Hamilton County

I has questions about Luck but I also have questions about Peyton manning's health...

he never did practice with the team that I klnow of...

...so you have to draft Luck....even if Manning is OK....

I just wonder how you convince Luck to be a Backup if Manning returns better than ever?

I has questions about Luck but I also have questions about Peyton manning's health...

I just wonder how you convince Luck to be a Backup if Manning returns better than ever?

One of many problems. Amongst other things, just as a football fan I dislike the idea of someone with great potential being forced to sit on the bench. Would Elway be regarded the way he is if he didn't see the field until his fifth year? Just a waste of talent.

Luck himself has said that it would be beneficial to him if he sat behind a veteran QB for a few years. He said he has no problem with it

Luck himself has said that it would be beneficial to him if he sat behind a veteran QB for a few years. He said he has no problem with it

And Peyton has said "As far as can I co-exist with anybody? I think I can co-exist with any player I've ever played with." No problems either end, by the looks of it...