Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp 8/5/15 (Night Practice)

TKnight24

Please don't buy into that meme when u all have eyes. Peyton had one of the strongest arms in his prime. I don't want to post youtube vids from his mvp yrs. He was better at squeezing the ball through tight windows. Now Luck may be able to sling it further, but thats not how I judge arm strength.

I'd bet Luck could throw it further than Rodgers, but Rodgers can throw w/ way more velocity.

Point is, Luck needs to stop lobbing the ball into coverage. Put some stank on that thing.

"Better at squeezing the ball into tight windows"

So to you, accuracy is actually what you call arm strength?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He has a stronger arm than Peyton ever had. He just takes more chances with the ball

I've always said that if a comparison was to be made with Luck the closest comparison would be Brett Favre, Luck like Favre can make some amazing plays and has the ability to win a game with his arm or brain but he will deliver almost a pass or 2 a game that leaves you scratching your head or hoping it don't get picked

"Better at squeezing the ball into tight windows"

So to you, accuracy is actually what you call arm strength?

No. But I include throwing the ball w/ velocity and accuracy. Especially on the intermediate routes into coverage.

Luck has this thing where he tries to guide the ball in there. And he throws a soft ball. Peyton in his prime and Rodgers amd Brady now look like they're trying to throw their hardest @ times. Luck never looks like he's really trying to sling it in there.

So maybe its not his arm, maybe that just him. He seems to be one of those guys that has to take some MPHs off the fastball to get it over the plate.

Rodgers and prime Peyton could throw their hardest ball accurately. I would like to see that out of Andrew.

On another note, Peyton's arm strength has been vastly underrated over the yrs. He had a rocket in his prime.

No. But I include throwing the ball w/ velocity and accuracy. Especially on the intermediate routes into coverage.

Luck has this thing where he tries to guide the ball in there. And he throws a soft ball. Peyton in his prime and Rodgers amd Brady now look like they're trying to throw their hardest @ times. Luck never looks like he's really trying to sling it in there.

So maybe its not his arm, maybe that just him. He seems to be one of those guys that has to take some MPHs off the fastball to get it over the plate.

Rodgers and prime Peyton could throw their hardest ball accurately. I would like to see that out of Andrew.

On another note, Peyton's arm strength has been vastly underrated over the yrs. He had a rocket in his prime.

He "guides" it when he needs to. He can put a beautiful touch on the ball to drop it right into a receivers chest (like that throw to TY in the champ game, one of the few good plays). I've seen him zip plenty of passes too though. Really not sure where you're seeing a lack of arm strength

BUT GRIFF SUCKS, HE'S THE WORST PLAYER EVER!

Ok sarcasm over, just repeating the resounding sentiment of this board.

Eh, he doesn't sick but he is the 6th best WR on this team right now which makes him odd man out barring injury if we only keep 5