Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How can I find out what color scheme jerseys Colts will wear before any game?

ColtStrong

I'm just superstitious about wearing the right jersey (home or away) when I go out to the sports bar for a game. Is there a way to find out ahead of time? I know that most of the time, they will wear white on the road and blue at home. But there are exceptions. Like going to Miami, where the phins usually wear white. But at Buffalo, the weather could be warm and sunny the first game and they could want to wear their white jerseys to reflect more sunlight. Anyone know where to get such info? 

No idea.... But Colts will wear white during pre season if you care about that! haha

Also only games I would think that would be different on any schedule would be the phins and cowboys. Teams could change that though I guess.

The "white at home" happens in the first weeks of the season mostly. After week 5, it stops. 

Dallas is the only team that wears white at home year around. Washington used to back in the day, and so did the Browns. 

Uniform selection is often announced through twitter if there is something out of the ordinary, for instance; my team (The Saints) often wears white at home the first few weeks, and they wear the "all black" from time to time with black pants. 

I'm just superstitious about wearing the right jersey (home or away) when I go out to the sports bar for a game. Is there a way to find out ahead of time? I know that most of the time, they will wear white on the road and blue at home. But there are exceptions. Like going to Miami, where the phins usually wear white. But at Buffalo, the weather could be warm and sunny the first game and they could want to wear their white jerseys to reflect more sunlight. Anyone know where to get such info? 

I would just ask the magic google machine the day or two before the game.

A few good rules to follow though...

* Assume blue jerseys at all home games

* Assume white jersey's on road games, except...

- when they are playing at Dallas

- when they are playing an early season road game in a warm weather city

The "white at home" happens in the first weeks of the season mostly. After week 5, it stops.

Dallas is the only team that wears white at home year around. Washington used to back in the day, and so did the Browns.

Uniform selection is often announced through twitter if there is something out of the ordinary, for instance; my team (The Saints) often wears white at home the first few weeks, and they wear the "all black" from time to time with black pants.

What? Colts don't wear white at home. I think that's just a Saints thing.

Although, teams in hot, sunny climates with open air stadiums will often wear white during day games to help displace some of the heat. Dolphins, for example, almost always wear white at home.

I was referring to his comment that teams wear white at home the first few weeks of the season. He seemingly implied that it is a league wide thing. Dallas is just always white at home, that's another story.

ah, gotcha.  well that makes more sense :)

Or you could get one of those stupid split jerseys that I've seen people wearing (ahem, #18 1/2 Broncos 1/2 Colts), but that would look ridiculous and I'd be forced to make fun.

I actually have one of those. But it's not half broncos, half colts. It's home on one side, away on the other. And no, I don't really want to take 2 jerseys to the sports bar.

I actually have one of those. But it's not half broncos, half colts. It's home on one side, away on the other. And no, I don't really want to take 2 jerseys to the sports bar.

Leave the one you don't wear in the car? You make it a lot harder than it needs to be.

What? Colts don't wear white at home. I think that's just a Saints thing.

Although, teams in hot, sunny climates with open air stadiums will often wear white during day games to help displace some of the heat. Dolphins, for example, almost always wear white at home.

Did you read my post? I never said the Colts wore white at home.

It's not a Saints thing. The Browns, Redskins, and Dolphins have a history of wearing white at home through out entire seasons. The Cowboys are the main team known for wearing white at home. These teams did it long before the Saints did. 

Last year Carolina wore their white jerseys in the playoffs for luck after the winning streak they had on the road in white. 

This is an old page but it goes into great detail of the 'white at home' jerseys up to 2011. 

http://www.uni-watch.com/research-projects/white-at-home-in-the-nfl/

I'm not much help to ya I'm afraid CS since I watch all the Colts games at home on Direct TV's Sunday ticket with my Colts cap on for good karma naturally. 

My only real ritual is playing Bullet For My Valentine's "Your Betrayal" on percussion prior to kickoff for mojo intensity purposes & letting all my friends & family know not to disturb during the game or face my wrath.

I'm not much help to ya I'm afraid CS since I watch all the Colts games at home on Direct TV's Sunday ticket with my Colts cap on for good karma naturally. 

My only real ritual is playing Bullet For My Valentine's "Your Betrayal" on percussion prior to kickoff for mojo intensity purposes & letting all my friends & family know not to disturb during the game or face my wrath.

You know what? This year I'll go against the grain and just wear whatever I feel like wearing. Plus, I'm partial to the home uni's anyway. 

does anyone have any good jersey sites or stores because nfl shop is a rip off. I have like five but not enough current guys

Nope. Unless you are looking for authentic, nflshop, fanzz and the official store for the colts is the best bet. If you sign up for emails for colts pro shop, they do flash sales and typically the offseason is best to get those deals.

They actually had a 40% off sale with colts pro shop on the authentic jerseys and I was mad because I didn't have the money.

The china ones are so easily fake looking, you can tell by the number size and material and the shirt is usually loose and not stretchy like the Nike ones. And the Nike sign looks alittle odd. The ticket looks exactly the same but you can tell it's faded and fake with the printing.

I got scammed with that one.

My only real ritual is playing Bullet For My Valentine's "Your Betrayal" on percussion prior to kickoff for mojo intensity purposes & letting all my friends & family know not to disturb during the game or face my wrath.

I'm afraid because ATT bought Directv. Directv used to give me credit for 3 months just because I called upset.

And the lady was even nice enough to make my movers fee disappear. It was like 400 bucks.

Att loves to give fees like it's a hobby and loves to overprice their mobile networks so I probably won't be a directv customer anymore...

Nope. Unless you are looking for authentic, nflshop, fanzz and the official store for the colts is the best bet. If you sign up for emails for colts pro shop, they do flash sales and typically the offseason is best to get those deals.

They actually had a 40% off sale with colts pro shop on the authentic jerseys and I was mad because I didn't have the money.

The china ones are so easily fake looking, you can tell by the number size and material and the shirt is usually loose and not stretchy like the Nike ones. And the Nike sign looks alittle odd. The ticket looks exactly the same but you can tell it's faded and fake with the printing.

I got scammed with that one.

I have a nike one so i know the tell tells of fake jerseys. Got luck one this week ordered. Where can I sign up for colts pro shop?